Notifications
Clear all

this is all I needed!

MemberMember
(@snowflakes)

Posted : 02/01/2008 5:35 am

Hi,

I'm not sure what forum to post this in, so sorry if it's the wrong one.

I'm 27 and have had severe acne all over my body since I've been 9. Anyway, woke up the other day covered in blisters -chicken pox! I have thousands of the things, and with that and my acne I look a right state. :( All over my face, scalp, back, chest, neck, arms, etc, where all my severe acne is also. My face is also bright red and it's so painful. I was worried about my acne scars, but now what am I going to be left like? I'm so worried and upset and I'm really not coping well at the moment.

Has anyone else experienced really bad chicken pox on top of their acne? Also, as an adult?

Thanks

Snowflakes x

MemberMember
(@joey2007)

Posted : 02/01/2008 5:49 am

I haven't but the only advice I can give you is to stay positive and don't irritate it, it will go away MUCH faster!

Hi,

I'm not sure what forum to post this in, so sorry if it's the wrong one.

I'm 27 and have had severe acne all over my body since I've been 9. Anyway, woke up the other day covered in blisters -chicken pox! I have thousands of the things, and with that and my acne I look a right state. :( All over my face, scalp, back, chest, neck, arms, etc, where all my severe acne is also. My face is also bright red and it's so painful. I was worried about my acne scars, but now what am I going to be left like? I'm so worried and upset and I'm really not coping well at the moment.

Has anyone else experienced really bad chicken pox on top of their acne? Also, as an adult?

Thanks

Snowflakes x

MemberMember
(@maybe-someday)

Posted : 02/01/2008 10:33 am

I had chicken pox about four years ago without acne and they left scars that are still quite visible. Do NOT scratch. You have no frikin' idea how important this is! Put kitchen mitts on your hands! You must resist scratching... It shouldn't leave scars if you do that. Apply a lot of vita-e or aloe, anything to keep your skin moisturized. Even if the excess moisture makes your acne worse, it's better than chicken pox scars, trust me! Those things are the WORST possible kind of scars! You might think that scratching a little won't hurt. But I only scratched a little too, and I got scarring. Do not sleep on your face.

This shouldn't last too long, so just try.

MemberMember
(@snowflakes)

Posted : 02/02/2008 4:33 pm

Thank you for the replies both of you.

I've really had enough.

My chicken pox on my face, because of my acne, has all gone infected. This means that all the spots are going to scar. I have loads and loads of chicken pox spots on my face.

I've been so careful with my acne over the years and have really looked after my face. I did everything I could to try and prevent scarring. I used to be so worried about my large pores all over my face.

What am I going to do. I hate my life. I'm 27 and never had a boyfriend, not even been out on a date because of my acne. Now I'm never ever going to have a boyfriend.

Snowflakes x

MemberMember
(@cecelia)

Posted : 02/02/2008 4:51 pm

You should call your doctor ASAP. There are anti-viral drugs that can limit the length and severity of shingles (herpes zoster). I'm not sure if they work for chickenpox (herpes varicella), but they must be taken close to the onset to be most effective. If your MD office is not open, you might be able to get in touch with whoever is on call.

MemberMember
(@snowflakes)

Posted : 02/19/2008 9:54 am

Hello,

thanks for the reply Cecelia. I was given antiviral drugs by my doctor but not sure if they really did much to help.

I ended up with impetigo all over my face, something that you get when the chicken pox spots get infected. This has left me with pot holes all over my face. So now, not only do I have loads and loads of acne, acne scars and red marks all over my face, I also have loads of pot holes to go with it. I went to the doctors and he said that there is nothing that can be done for chicken pox scars cause they are so deep, not even laser will help.

I'm just left feeling like totally giving up. I've spent years trying to control my acne and to look after my face. I did feel that things were starting to improve for me slightly, then this happens. It's like I am doomed to be permanently ugly and to be alone forever.

Is it true that nothing at all can be done now?

Thanks

Snowflakes x

MemberMember
(@milkyglass)

Posted : 02/19/2008 10:27 am

Snowflakes,

I almost cried when i read your last post! No matter what people say or bad you feel yoour gonna wake up a year from a now and feel so much better about yourself. Don't let this experience get you down soo much. There is always a better day. I believe there is somebody for ever body. You will find someone who loves you dispite what you look like but for who you are! Trust me! :)

Now, I don't know how well the the medicine the doctor gave you is working but you can always go old school and use Calamine lotion on your spots. It' this pink stuff my mom would put on my spots to and it does soothe the itching but remember DO NOT SCRATCH! You'll get scars all over your body not just your face. Try an talk to a dermatologist about yor scars instead of a doctor. Maybe you can try Accutane or a prescription drug for your acne and once it's cleared you can see what kinds on scar treatments you can get. I would get a seconf oponion on your scars.

Don't lose hope though. Check the gallery. I've seen some really nasty cases of acne on here. I can only image how much this is effecting you self esteem but don't let acne control your life. You control your life!

MemberMember
(@jirehboy12)

Posted : 10/28/2016 10:59 pm

Hi i know its been a long time but i just want to know your condition now.
Ive been on the same situation like you, its already 1 month since I got my chickenpox as an adult.

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 10/28/2016 11:33 pm

I am not sure if you'll get a response from the original poster it looks like they haven't been on acne.org since 2008. I myself have never had chickenpox even as an adult.Hopefully someonewill have some insight for you. Have you spoken to your doctor did they give any suggestions?

MemberMember
(@psychedelicate)

Posted : 10/31/2016 11:35 am

I'm 27 as well and have been battling with acne since I was a teen.

I'll clear up and it'll just come right back with a vengeance. I'll go a few months without acne, feeling good about myself and suddenly breakout again and go into hiding. I recently broke out again after being clear. It's such a vicious cycle.