Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
djtoodles

Proactiv does not work for me. Best alternative.

Ive been using proactiv for a year probably about 9 months to long. I still get breakouts and my skin looks blotchy at times. I think the longest i have gone is a week breakout free. and that has probably happened only about 4-5 times over the past year.

Obviously proactiv does not work well for my face. What is a good alternative? I was looking at acnexus but i didnt really find much about it. but what i read it seemed to have worked for a few people.

Anyway it seemed i never even brokeout ever until about 2-3 years ago and now im almost 26 and hate that i dont want to go out at times due to a big pimple. My breakouts are very mild but it still bothers me a lot.

please help me!:(

I've tried so many different knock-offs of Proactiv because I needed something cheaper. Proactiv also stopped working for me after a few months. I've tried Klear Action for a really long time, but so far THE best Acne system would have to be Zapzyt's AcnePack. I know it doesn't sound like quality stuff, but it's like 13 dollars and works the best for me. I've used it for about 5 months now, and I'm still really impressed. I think the 5% BP and the salicylic acid gel did the trick. The face wash is also PH balanced and it was not overdrying and did not break me out.

If you can't find it in your local grocery store, you can order it off of Drugstore. http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...amp;catid=25815

I couple it with Neutrogena's Healthy Skin to reduce any hyperpigmentation.

Hope this helps! :)

i have been using acne-free 3 step program for about 5 months and it is PERFECT

i have sensitive skin and it doesnt hurt at all.

it clears up breakouts within 1.5 weeks and makes sure they dont come back, i also use the acne-free moisturizer and pimple peel, they are awesome.

it is about 17 dollars for the big 3 step kit + a acne and blackhead terminator gel

thanks for these suggestions. I am selling a friend my last pack of proactiv they sent me then i am going to try the st ives apricot scrub first because 2 friends say it has worked for them. And see how that goes if that doesnt work I will try your guys suggestions.