Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
workout guy

moisturizing at night

how long should i wait before i would be able to stop applying moisturizer at night cause i notice dan said he does not and i wanted to give it a shot. iam already 2 week in any suggestions?

Are you using the full amount of bp yet? If not, I'd recommend you continue moisturizing. After you have been on the full amount of bp for a few weeks, and if your skin is not dry and flaky, then you could consider skipping the night time moisturization and see if your skin will maintain its moisture.

It's really up to you, if your skin is dry, moisturize twice a day, if it's not bad, once a day is fine, it is as simple as that.

Even though my skin isn't terribly dry I prefer to moisturize twice a day because my moisturizer is enriched with vitamin E and A and I also use this step to evenly apply a few drops of pure vitamin E oil to my face as well.

I used to only moisturize twice a day but recently I've noticed (put all acne aside) my skin looks so much healthier from moisturizing twice a day.

I've been using BP for a while, and even though my skin is very oily, I still need to moisturize twice daily. For one thing, a good moisturizer definitely minimizes irritation. Also, moisturizers make a terrific makeup base if you use foundation, and they take away flakiness.

I feel moisturizer is very important, no matter what skin type you have. Personally I've been using a Proactiv "model" for years (scrub, toner and BP lotion), and I always finish with moisturizer. I notice that even the new Proactiv Solution commericals are now advertising their new green tea moisturizer to go with the regimen!

Is moisturizing once a night done just so save it so it'll last longer, or does it actually have an even better effect compared to doing it twice? I like to do both morning and night, just to be on the safe side. But I'd totally switch if it can actually benefit my face, not just money.

I moisturise once a day but when I used BP it was definitely twice with touch ups to control flakes throughout the day.

I've been using BP for a while, and even though my skin is very oily, I still need to moisturize twice daily. For one thing, a good moisturizer definitely minimizes irritation. Also, moisturizers make a terrific makeup base if you use foundation, and they take away flakiness.

I feel moisturizer is very important, no matter what skin type you have. Personally I've been using a Proactiv "model" for years (scrub, toner and BP lotion), and I always finish with moisturizer. I notice that even the new Proactiv Solution commericals are now advertising their new green tea moisturizer to go with the regimen!

I agree with you. Moisturized skin heals faster than dry skin.