Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nvranka

marijuana and accutane

as the topic says...

I smoke occasionally with friends...and though it doesnt seem to me that the two would have any weird interractions...I would like to be sure, as I dont like putting my body in harms way.

I also of course dont want to hinder the ability of accutane doing its job, so....is there any reason not to smoke MJ while on accutane?

ty

as the topic says...

I smoke occasionally with friends...and though it doesnt seem to me that the two would have any weird interractions...I would like to be sure, as I dont like putting my body in harms way.

I also of course dont want to hinder the ability of accutane doing its job, so....is there any reason not to smoke MJ while on accutane?

ty

Nope unless your feeling depressed at all, thats the reason ive stopped smoking until my skin (and in turn my head) is sorted

"I dont like putting my body in harms way"

hahahah. that kind of contradicts yourself doesn't it?

i think the smoking of marijuana has already/probablyy done enough damage so why would you even worry about the two interacting.

Short-term effects:

* Problems with memory and learning

* Distorted perception

* Difficulty in thinking and problem solving

* Loss of coordination

* Increased heart rate

* Anxiety

* Panic attacks

* Daily cough and phlegm

* Symptoms of chronic bronchitis

* More frequent chest colds

Long-term effects:

* Abnormal functioning of lung tissue injured or destroyed by marijuana smoke

* Impairment of critical skills related to attention, memory, and learning

* Recent findings indicate that smoking marijuana while shooting up cocaine has the potential to cause severe increases in heart rate and blood pressure.

* Death

Ok I should have assumed someone would say something like that.

I am speaking strictly harm caused by smoking while on accutane. I am fully and well-aware of what marijuana does and its long-term/short-term effects.

Why would I worry about it? Oh I dont know, maybe because accutane is a serious drug, and I don't want to increase or encounter any unnecessary risks/problems while on it.

Marijuana on the other hand is not a serious drug, and really doesnt effect me adversely by itself at all.

yeah your going to get a lot of anti drug people on here, Ive seen this question asked all too many times and I always get into a discussion. Not this time though!

Dont worry about accutane and marijuana interactions, except for a very much increased dry mouth theres nothing immediate. The only thing I would worry about is your general state of mind at the moment. If your feeling really down in the dumps perhaps weed isnt the best idea (perhaps it is?) but if your feeling fine then yeah you'll be fine

I've smoked up probably about 10 times since I've been on tane and I'm fine.

I asked my doctor and he said: "Well, I wouldn't recommend it... but its better for you than cigarettes and alcohol. Smoking marijuana occasionally won't hurt you."

Thats good enough for me.

I've smoked pot on accutane.. no big deal.. no "adverse effects". Go ahead and toke up ;)

Your pic for your display pic is immense

Where you from? :D

those were the kind of replies I wanted, thank you very much.

Well to be honest, "blonde_boy" has contradicted himself... seeing as he is taking the drug without being prescribed it...

:naughty:

just don't do too much, respect it and what not... and be weary of what can happen!

Well to be honest, "blonde_boy" has contradicted himself... seeing as he is taking the drug without being prescribed it...

just don't do too much, respect it and what not... and be weary of what can happen!

aimee_lou_uk if you read the other post where u are accusing me off stuff, you will read why/how im prescribed accutane.

no need to say stuff in other forums, i wasnt being harsh towards the original poster, just stating fact. and what he should be aware of.

i think the smoking of marijuana has already/probablyy done enough damage so why would you even worry about the two interacting.

Short-term effects:

* Distorted perception

* Loss of coordination

* Increased heart rate

* Anxiety

* Panic attacks

* Daily cough and phlegm

Long-term effects:

* Recent findings indicate that smoking marijuana while shooting up cocaine has the potential to cause severe increases in heart rate and blood pressure.

* Death

How ignorant and naive you are, my friend. First of all, do you drink alcohol? If so, then you are a hypocrite, and there is no need to read on. Add to the fact that you are probably on a drug called Accutane.

To the original poster, I have smoked marijuana multiple times during my course. It has not affected my acne, my mind or body (except in the way that marijuana would normally), and has not affected the results of my blood test. This is from personal experiences, and I am not a doctor/physician.

aimee_lou_uk if you read the other post where u are accusing me off stuff, you will read why/how im prescribed accutane.

no need to say stuff in other forums, i wasnt being harsh towards the original poster, just stating fact. and what he should be aware of.

Just because you believe it is fact does not mean it is fact. FACT

as the topic says...

ty

Not sure why questions like this aways turn into "OMG y r u gonna smoke da weed lololol?"

Oh wait. I know why. People feel the need to police other people.

Anyways, to answer your question...no. I would not be concerned in the least, but hey, that is just me.

I don't even see what the big deal is. Marijuana isn't a drug. Its a friggen herb that grows in the ground that temporarily alters your mind positively. Saying marijuana is a drug is like saying tobacco is a drug.

Honestly, how many "Weed Junkies" do you see running around begging for your change and stealing shit out of cars? None. That isn't the case with heorin, meth or booze for christ's sake.

Anyways, I'm not drinking alcohol while I'm on this course so I've gotta do something.

I've smoked weed every day this week and I feel fine.

I think to answer the op question - if you feel compelled to do any recreational drugs while on Accutane, then please just smoke weed. While all drugs tax your liver, this is a better option than say drinking or doing anything harder. The safest option would be to wait entirely, but if you aren't going to do that, at least be "safer".

Marijuana is a drug, caffeine is a drug, tobacco is a drug, alcohol is a drug. Foxglove is a drug and natural or not, it can kill you. 'Herbs' are not innocuous just because they grow rather than are created.

drug

n.

a. A substance used in the diagnosis, treatment, or prevention of a disease or as a component of a medication.

b. Such a substance as recognized or defined by the U.S. Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.

2. A chemical substance, such as a narcotic or hallucinogen, that affects the central nervous system, causing changes in behavior and often addiction.

3. Obsolete A chemical or dye.

tr.v. drugged, drug·ging, drugs

1. To administer a drug to.

2. To poison or mix (food or drink) with a drug.

3. To stupefy or dull with or as if with a drug: drugged with sleep.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/drug

Marijuana is a drug, caffeine is a drug, tobacco is a drug, alcohol is a drug. Foxglove is a drug and natural or not, it can kill you. 'Herbs' are not innocuous just because they grow rather than are created.

drug

n.

a. A substance used in the diagnosis, treatment, or prevention of a disease or as a component of a medication.

b. Such a substance as recognized or defined by the U.S. Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.

2. A chemical substance, such as a narcotic or hallucinogen, that affects the central nervous system, causing changes in behavior and often addiction.

3. Obsolete A chemical or dye.

tr.v. drugged, drug·ging, drugs

1. To administer a drug to.

2. To poison or mix (food or drink) with a drug.

3. To stupefy or dull with or as if with a drug: drugged with sleep.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/drug

That is correct Wynne, in fact, many drugs that are used for recreation are "natural". Such as mushrooms or even Opium.

However, my rationale for marijuana being a relatively if not absolutely safe drug is the fact that no one in history has ever overdosed on marijuana. Statistics and numbers don't lie. But yes, marijuana is a drug.

Short-term effects:

* Distorted perception

* Loss of coordination

* Increased heart rate

* Anxiety

* Panic attacks

* Daily cough and phlegm

Long-term effects:

* Death

How ignorant and naive you are, my friend. First of all, do you drink alcohol? If so, then you are a hypocrite, and there is no need to read on. Add to the fact that you are probably on a drug called Accutane.

To the original poster, I have smoked marijuana multiple times during my course. It has not affected my acne, my mind or body (except in the way that marijuana would normally), and has not affected the results of my blood test. This is from personal experiences, and I am not a doctor/physician.

FUUUUUKKKK U!

just a hardcore post inside the forum...LOL well i have been smoking for a long long time...

i have sure that smoking mj does not affect on my skin or my brain negatively (i will finish university next months on Graphics Computation ). i just feel fine and that's it...

i will continue to smoke even knowing i am on accutane.

i will only avoid to get drunk, i may drink sometimes socially...but never avoiding smoking

LOL I have to laugh at one of the long term affects blonde_boy said about marihuana---DEATH....ARE YOU SERIOUS? I mean, are you REALLY serious blondey??? Have you ever heard of someone overdose on marihuana before? It's just not possible! Get your facts straight, because a lot of those short term are questionable as well too...But I'm sorry I can't believe someone said death is a side effect of marihuana...that's hilarious!

Anyways, since this is an acne/accutane forum I will stick to the point. I'm on day 29 of accutane and I've smoked every day and it hasn't affected me one bit.

Check with your doctor if you have concerns though, everyone is different.