Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jujilover

aspririn mask

hey...

has anyone ever gotten a bad breakout from using the asprin mask? i think this is what happenng to me. this sux...

currently i have been doing the ocm which i really love and have started using safflower oil in addition to castor oil...can it be the safflower oil even though its comedogenicity is 1/5?? what should i do? my chin is all broken out and ive gotta huge cyst too. :(

Sorry, from your post I don't know what "ocm" is and I'm not sure what if anything you're mixing with the aspirin. Yes, it could be you're having a reaction to the aspirin. I'd make sure to try the most simple (noncoated, no additives) aspirin you can buy.

I've used just the aspirin for my masks. I wash my face, then I take the ground up aspirin, wet it with warm water to make a paste and apply it to my face and allow to dry. I've had no problems only good results.

If you're mixing with different things see if you can just use the aspirin. If not, experiment. I've read a lot of things on this site used in the aspirin mask.

Outside of a mask, I'd also recommend Dickinson's witch hazel as a nondrying after cleanser astringent/toner. Good luck

hey...

has anyone ever gotten a bad breakout from using the asprin mask? i think this is what happenng to me. this sux...

currently i have been doing the ocm which i really love and have started using safflower oil in addition to castor oil...can it be the safflower oil even though its comedogenicity is 1/5?? what should i do? my chin is all broken out and ive gotta huge cyst too. :(

I tried both safflower and sunflower and they broke me out. Awful super-inflamed suckers too.

I doubt it was the aspirin.

thanx for replying u guys....it was either the aspirin mask, the safflower oil or vaseline i put on mostly my chin area....

and yes my skin has reacted not so favorably to sa in the past....

i had no idea that safflower and sunflower were comedogenic...i researched and they had a 1/5 rating for comedogenicity! wat went wrong idk...

thankfully it is clearing up ...lets keep our fingers crossed

thanx for replying u guys....it was either the aspirin mask, the safflower oil or vaseline i put on mostly my chin area....

i had no idea that safflower and sunflower were comedogenic...i researched and they had a 1/5 rating for comedogenicity! wat went wrong idk...