Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rakbs

Taurine in powder form?

I was thinking of buying this taurine supplement (http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/taurine.html), which is in powder form.

I thought it was worth mentioning to all of you taking taurine, as powder form is a lot cheaper. Assuming you take 3 grams per day, the one I just linked to would cost around $8 for over 75 servings--just over $0.10 per day.

I use capsules, but today I began opening capsules and mixing the powder inside with carbonated water. To my surprise a fast chemical reaction occurred as I mixed the powder in the liquid. Anyone know what this reaction is? It makes it more absorb able I hope.

Btw: My post #100, damn though I was going to be a veteran member :P, how long till I get to be a vet ?

I use capsules, but today I began opening capsules and mixing the powder inside with carbonated water. To my surprise a fast chemical reaction occurred as I mixed the powder in the liquid. Anyone know what this reaction is? It makes it more absorb able I hope.

Btw: My post #100, damn though I was going to be a veteran member :P, how long till I get to be a vet ?

Anytime you pour powder into carbonated water, it will start to fizz a whole lot more all of a sudden. It has to to with carbonation "seeding", each grain of powder gives the carbonation a place to start to form a bubble that it didn't have before since most cups are mostly smooth. You can try that with regular flour and you'll see the same thing.

As Edgar Cayce quotes "Do not drink carbonated waters. These are bad for acne. Anything that has water in it that is carbonated would not cause a good reaction in acne prone people. The key would be to avoid those type of drinks at all times possible."

I assume you know who Edgar Cayce is?

Just wondering why you drink carbonated water?

Is taurine in powder form about £50 a kilo,? its expensive anyways.

And it might be cut with some other ingredients so it would have to be bought from reputable sites,

As Edgar Cayce quotes "Do not drink carbonated waters. These are bad for acne. Anything that has water in it that is carbonated would not cause a good reaction in acne prone people. The key would be to avoid those type of drinks at all times possible."

I assume you know who Edgar Cayce is?

Just wondering why you drink carbonated water?

Was Cayce's comment made towards soda and other carbonated drinks with sugar and colorings added? That I can see as being harmful for acne, but carbonated water is quite healthy if it's just that, carbonated water.