Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Displaythis

How Important is the "Cumulative Dosage"???

so yeah, how importand is this 120mg/kg of accutane in your body what if you're off by like 1,500mg of your expected dosage. Are there chances the accutane will still be effective and remission is high?

Is there anyone here who stopped before their cumulative dosage? How long did it take for acne to come back?

BECAUSE i'm pretty sure there isn't a SET rule that says "if you dont do your CL, your acne is going to come back as it was before" or something like that

I asked my derm about the cumulative dosage. He said that the studies that suggested the 120mg/kg are actually now quite old and that new info is suggesting that lower dose treatments can be just as effective. Also, the 120mg/kg is just going to be some kind of average they've found I would imagine. I'm sure there are people who've been way under and had full remission, and others who have gone a lot over and still had problems.

I asked my derm about the cumulative dosage. He said that the studies that suggested the 120mg/kg are actually now quite old and that new info is suggesting that lower dose treatments can be just as effective. Also, the 120mg/kg is just going to be some kind of average they've found I would imagine. I'm sure there are people who've been way under and had full remission, and others who have gone a lot over and still had problems.

Well I asked him whether reaching the cumulative dosage was important and he said that it isn't really that important, because lower doses are more commonly being used now. He didn't state that this was over longer time periods. I suppose it all depends on the severity and type of acne that people had.

i'm on about 5,600 cd now after 6 months on low dose.

my weight is 90kg, so total cd would be 10,800. that means i am only just over half way if i stay on 20mg!

anyway i'll be interested to see how long i'm kept on accutane.

tim

my weight is 90kg, so total cd would be 10,800. that means i am only just over half way if i stay on 20mg!

Well

tim

Well

tim

well i think you're wrong...your CD should be way above 10,800 cause i am 150lbs (68kg) and MY cumulative dose is about 9520.

140mg (on AVERAGE) x 68kg = 9520

most people use 120mg but i read that that is the minimum.