Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pacificmx45

steroid cream on face for dermatitis?

I believe I have dermatitis. I've had a rash around my nose and it's been spreading around by my eyebrows over the past 2 months or so. I have not been to a dermatologist(can't afford one right now) However, compared to the pictures and info I've found on the net, I'm almost 100% sure I have it. Just the other day I was at my brother's house and showed him my problem. He said, "OH YEA you have dermatitis". Apparently he's had it since 2003 and I never knew. He's offering to let me try his steroid based cream which he swears by, and also offered to GIVE me Triamcinolone Acetonide .1% and Betamethasone Dipropionate .05% because he's happy enough with his steroid cream. I know I should see a derm about this before I (illegally) use his prescriptions, but I'm not in the position where I can afford a visit, or the meds for that matter. I'm thinking about giving in and trying his steroid cream for 3-4 days, as he said that should clear it up and then taking it from there. Any suggestions?

What does your dermatitis look like? Mine is red and the skin is flakey and itchy. I too had the triamcinolone from the dr. and just recently asked a pharmacisist at wal mart what otc I could use and he suggested the aveeno cortisone cream. My dermatitis is on my laugh lines and chin area. I can go for about a week with out it but then it flares up. As for suggestions, don't really have any other than to ask the Dr. what to do to get rid of it.Elf

before using any creams on ur face do a patch test on a small area of ur face which is affected atleast for 2-3 days continously to avoid any allergic reaction.

even i have dermatitis ive been using elidel 0.1% which is steriod free i would advise u to use tht.