Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, so for anyone who has followed the story, the road with my girlfriend has been a hard one, but i love it anyway. She was really upset tonight about her medical stuff (there is alot to worry about...), so she just was worrying that it would be hard for me to love her with all of this stuff...

So, as many of you know, i get her a rose every friday. So i didnt have any money tonight... which was really bad. So i called all my friends, and none of them picked up. Finally i got a hold of one of them, and he said he only had twenty bucks. I said ill take it, so i drive 10 min to his house, get the money, then drive another 10 min to the store. I run into the store and its about to close, so i run in and am looking through all these rings. I found one that was really cute, and it just said "forever" on it... So i bought it, for 17 bucks (i know, i am cheap), and then drove to another store. I ran inside as they were closing, and found this beaautiful rose, for 2.99. I was so happy, because it just worked out so well! And every time i have a penny left over, i always throw it in the street because i hope it will make someones day lucky. So in the end, it cost me exactly 20 dollars!! :D So i put the rose through the ring, and left it on her window. And i just called her and told her to open her window and look at the stars, because they are beautiful tonight. And thats about it. :) Apparently her friends were over and they all loved it. So my mission to make her smile today was successfull!

Just thought i would share that. Because its really hard to not share my joy with someone! :D

and for a little help... saturday is our aniversary, so i told her i would make it french themed. (i told her stupidly before i had anything planned!) So i got a bottle of french wine, and want to go out to a nice french restuarant. But the thing is, in the US of A we are underage... so i need a restuarant that is bring your own bottle. So i need to know if they would card us at all... Any ideas? Thanks!

Awwwwww :wub:

You used the $20 exactly, what luck...it's a sign ;)

By the way:

I doubt at your age you're goin' in anywhere in the US where they

serve alcohol, sorry. That's not the most important part anyhow. :D

Awwwwww :wub:

You used the $20 exactly, what luck...it's a sign ;)

By the way:

I doubt at your age you're goin' in anywhere in the US where they

serve alcohol, sorry. That's not the most important part anyhow. :D

And nooo i HAVE a bottle of wine, i just need a restuarant that will let me drink it and wont card me.

Anniversary is a year :teehee:

ya dont get in the US drinkin in a restaraunt underage... we're not so enlightened as our european counterparts, ie bad things may ensue.

sounds nice tho, good luck with your woman.

Anniversary is a year :teehee:

ya dont get in the US drinkin in a restaraunt underage... we're not so enlightened as our european counterparts, ie bad things may ensue.

sounds nice tho, good luck with your woman.

I am just going on a date... in the fashion i would in my own country.

This is not Italy. In the US, if the police discovers that there is underage drinking in a restaurant establishment (even if the restaurant did not serve the minors), the business could be closed down for investigation. Many restaurant owners are on the brink of bankruptcy, and having to close their venue could force their finances over the edge. Behave as you would in any country, and respect the laws.

The only way the cops would care is if they called them in the first place!

I advise against the wine. Won't be pretty when they confiscate your bottle. Trust me, the management won't risk their liquor license.

This is not Italy. In the US, if the police discovers that there is underage drinking in a restaurant establishment (even if the restaurant did not serve the minors), the business could be closed down for investigation. Many restaurant owners are on the brink of bankruptcy, and having to close their venue could force their finances over the edge. Behave as you would in any country, and respect the laws.

If the cops suspect that you're underage, they can demand IDs.

people pick on americans all the time for being disrespectful of the laws of other nations. :naughty:

people pick on americans all the time for being disrespectful of the laws of other nations. :naughty:

ohh OK. i see how it is. What has the world come to?! When having a glass of wine is the downfall of a nation... io non lo posso credere...

dude, we're not saying it is. don't do the straw man gig. just saying it's important to consider the laws of the conuntry you are staying in whether or not you find them sensible. no one here is saying the law is reasonable (not that that matters) but that you might consider the fact that there could be further implicaitons to your actions

Wait, your in the States!??! I thought you were in Italy! I was wondering where'd you find that rose seeing as shops close in Italy so early. Just do the wine and celebrating when you guys get back to your house or her place. Americans are very strict about their laws thought many people have brought wine / alcohol / drugs to schools, restaurants and hotels where its prohibited. The worse was when my friend had a bottle of alcohol and the lid wasn't closed and it went all over his bookbag and his notes and classwork. The teacher comes back and goes, what a mess here and walks away but you can surely smell the alcohol plus everything is soaked in bright red wine.

Wait, your in the States!??! I thought you were in Italy! I was wondering where'd you find that rose seeing as shops close in Italy so early. Just do the wine and celebrating when you guys get back to your house or her place. Americans are very strict about their laws thought many people have brought wine / alcohol / drugs to schools, restaurants and hotels where its prohibited. The worse was when my friend had a bottle of alcohol and the lid wasn't closed and it went all over his bookbag and his notes and classwork. The teacher comes back and goes, what a mess here and walks away but you can surely smell the alcohol plus everything is soaked in bright red wine.

I think that one problem is the general attitude about alcohol here. I was always allowed to have a sip here or there. When I was old enough (by my family's standards) I was allowed a glass of wine or a drink. Alcohol was never demonised.

When I was teething as an infant, my nan told me she would rub some whiskey or anisette on my gums when she put me to bed. I guess she'd be hearing her Miranda rights these days.

I let my kids have a sip here or there. I let them try what I have. They generally don't like the taste (with the exception of a bellini made with asti ;) ), but they don't feel like it's something that is "glamourised".

I think that one problem is the general attitude about alcohol here. I was always allowed to have a sip here or there. When I was old enough (by my family's standards) I was allowed a glass of wine or a drink. Alcohol was never demonised.

When I was teething as an infant, my nan told me she would rub some whiskey or anisette on my gums when she put me to bed. I guess she'd be hearing her Miranda rights these days.

I let my kids have a sip here or there. I let them try what I have. They generally don't like the taste (with the exception of a bellini made with asti ;) ), but they don't feel like it's something that is "glamourised".

Um... going on a lame availability hueristic.... enland, ireland, and scotland seem to have a BAAAD underage drinking problem