Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanrenae

Coloring Hair....to do or not do

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone has had difficulty with hair coloring while on accutane and drying out hair? I usually get my hair highlighted every 10-12 weeks. Now that I'm on tane my hair is already drying (beginning month 2) and I'm wondering if I should skip the coloring while on tane. Any experiences or advice is well appreciated!

Thanks!

Hey,

I had highlighted my hair while I am on accutane. I am actually going to get it done again soon. I have to get an appointment though. As long as you don't like bleach it you should be fine. If you use a really good hydrating conditioner you should be fine. My hair is really soft and I use Aquage and Nioxin. Hope this helps

Hi -

I had my hair colored and highlighted on Tane. Just have a good salon do it (or use good products that don't damage hair). Also, I recommend really good shampoos and conditioners on Tane. Wash hair less, and baby it more. Mask your hair atleast once a week so it doesn't turn to straw and get dull.

Good luck.

i colour my hair on tane too. im blonde but i add extra highlights to make it more blonde.

tell the salon your situation and u want the best noroshing/moitsurising treatment after your coloring, it may be pricey

but whats the price to having healthy hair, then to have it all fall out :)

also use a conditioner which contains jojoba oil,vitamin e and provitamin b5. i buy koza 15 liter containers from a wholesalor which is the exzact same stuff

they use in salons. its expensive but 15 liters last me a long time