Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Naitch

Want to do Fraxel but frightened

To make a long story short, I had acne for severeal years and two years ago I have been clear thanks to the miracle known as accutane. I'm left with so many scars, and I want to try fraxel but I'm frightened to think it might fuck with my oil glands causing me to relive my nightmare known as acne. Secondly, I keep my face dry intentionally to keep from breaking out (no major breakouts) and I'm afraid my dry face might cause additonal scarring as a result of fraxel. Any advice?

Actually, contrary to your fears, Fraxel treatments usually leave the skin less oily. After I had my treatments (and I mean, right after, meaning a few days after the treatment) my face would be really nice (no oiliness).

As for your skin being overly dry, I think that as long as your dermatologist gives you good laser-cream for post-treatment, it should be okay (laser-cream is kind of like a vaseline-ish substance that helps you to heal faster after a laser treatment).

But all-in-all, your dermatologist is the one who knows best, so I think the best route would be to consult him/her about whether your current skin condition would mark you as a good candidate for the Fraxel treatment or not.

Good luck!

Dryness WARNING: if u keep ur face very dry u are in more danger than fraxel could cause.....why?....because ur body will feel that ur skin is dry , and start producing more oil which may lead to overactive oil glands and then acne.....

if u use a moisturizer (oil free moisturizer), ur skin will feel it already has moisture, and so it wont produce any extra moisture.....

Breaking out is a valid concern. There have been reports of people, who were clear priort to Fraxel treatment, breaking out again.

how much does it cost? and does it work for light scars

If you have really light scars, smoothbeam is enough for u, and more affordable~