Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
timmytim

moisturizer for a man!

hello people,

i really dislike moisturizer, i think it makes my skin worse.

i'm as 'metrosexual' as the next 21st century guy... but despite this i'm not an expert on moisturizers! so please can someone suggest one that i can get in the uk that is brilliant and definitely wont make my skin worse! one i can wear at night maybe???

anyway i look forward to your suggestions!

ta,

tim

just be sure to use the ones that dont clog pores (non-comedogenic). i like the combination of non-comedogenic, oil free, and fragance free lotion its like smoking thc by itself and never having to worry about side effects

Look for a moisturizer that says "non-comedogenic" on it. That shouldn't make your skin worse.

See if you can find any moisturizers by a company called Aveeno. That's what I use and it works pretty well. I'm not sure if all their products are non-comedogenic though, so once again check for that before you buy.

I like CeraVe, no smell, & it absorbs in nicely. Doesn't make me as stingy when my skin is a bit raw when compared to many lotions I've tried.

... I s'pose I'd consider it unisex. :D

Good luck!

hey,

at the minute i got king of shaves moisturiser. it's not oily. anyway its ok and smells nice. lol.

i'll look for a new brand in the shops soon though.

yeh looking shiny is crap lol. try and use less maybe.

tim

Cocoa butter cream, put a thin layer on, rub it in gently and is soaks in, skin feels great, it smells so nice aswell.

Two seperate kinds i persoanlly like... One is made by Biorre, its a non comodogenic, spf 15 pore minimizing light weight moisturizer that can be bought for about 13$ at a shoppers drug mart. The other one I use is Clean and Clear Shine Control, Usually use this one on my forehead or other shiny prone areas. I don;t think that one is non comodegenic however....

just be sure to use the ones that dont clog pores (non-comedogenic). i like the combination of non-comedogenic, oil free, and fragance free lotion its like smoking thc by itself and never having to worry about side effects

... Wait a second. Did you just refer to yourself as metrosexual?

You know that is just the "in" word for "Borderline Homosexual"

lol i dunno what metrosexual means actually i just read it in the paper i think its for men who are more 'in touch' with their feminine sides, i.e. they moistuirize!

Tim

yea i want to save up a little bit to buy myself a vapor, its like $500?!!? and i was suppose to stop 2 months ago...damn. as for the moisturizer, i dont ever want to hear that its girly ever again or or or.........or ill just get high and forget about it. Its more like being smart or stupid not manly or girly. go ahead, pretend to be a man, dont moistorize and have cracky skin that looks like a cracky's! then youll just look like grampa

lol i dunno what metrosexual means actually i just read it in the paper i think its for men who are more 'in touch' with their feminine sides, i.e. they moistuirize!

Tim

A metrosexual is just a guy that isnt afraid to take care of his appearance the same way that girls do. Doesn't have anything to do with being a homosexual lol.

Ya the volcano's have gone down, my buddy who legally grows and smokes pre-ordered one befor they were ever sold think he paid 1100 for his first one, and 750 for his second one a couple months after that. It is seriously the BEST vap out there ...

i haven't read everyones replies but i suggest a specifically non-grease lotion so your pores don't get blocked. E45 lotion is what i use since i'm on accutane but i always used clinique moisturiser before, its fabulous. th yellow one, cant remember th name. don't be afraid to use it jus cos you gotta go to a make-up type counter to get it in debenhams or whatever! get it!!

Look for a moisturizer that says "non-comedogenic" on it. That shouldn't make your skin worse.

See if you can find any moisturizers by a company called Aveeno. That's what I use and it works pretty well. I'm not sure if all their products are non-comedogenic though, so once again check for that before you buy.

What should NOT be in the ingredients list: petrolatum, paraffinum liquidum, microcrystalline wax, mineral oil. They're petroleum derivatives and clog pores.

I actually asked for a moisturizer in my local pharmacy, as my skin had become slightly irritated after foolishly using an AHA cream while on roaccutane (I thought I could still use it on the first days of treatment), and the moisturizer/aftershave I had at home didn't do much to improve things. The one they gave me is much better; it's basic but does its job of hydrating and healing very well, doesn't have petroleum derivatives or silicones and doesn't cost a lot, although it's a bit more than the average supermarket moisturizers. It's called Advabase, don't think it's on sale in the UK with the same brand, but there will surely be lots of similar products.