Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pedroal3xandre

Acutane - 40mg (start on 31.1.2008) 26 years old

hey!!! just dropping by to see how you are going! thats fab about your skin im really pleased its cleared up and you have had no actives!! keep going with it! take care :D

hey!!! just dropping by to see how you are going! thats fab about your skin im really pleased its cleared up and you have had no actives!! keep going with it! take care :D

Thanks 'pinkunicorns' :) Tane is really making me clear! I am very happy with all...

Day 97

Hi again! :razz:

Acne has just gone for good !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes! :D I'm 99% clear!!! :clap:

So, i haven't finished my tane course, and i'm now officially entering into the stupid level 2, after we get rid of acne... The mission is get rid of scars! Yes! Mine are from 11 years of cystic acne... I have now a more normal atitude, going out without thinking of my acne. But still fighting the pessimism that i planted all this years.... It's amazing how the people are reacting about my improvements! My father, brother, friends and coleagues... all haven't notice nothing yet! (And i am clean since the last 2 weeks?) I have almost all the reasons to be happy now, and this is begining to be my little secret this days :) Stay well

Yeah I am so happy for you! So I started my course like 2 weeks ago and already I am loving this stuff and to think I was so scared to get on it. So happy to hear you are feeling better about yourself. From a complete strangers view your a hottie!

Hi devendralover! That's a great choice starting tane. I am really happy for u! I hope it will heal u soon too! I begin to be 99% acne clean around the 85th day. So...don't desperate on the first weeks or even months. Stay well and thanks a lot for the compliment! :)

Day 101

Not good. In fact... BAD! Just had new inflammed zits on my left cheek. I feel so dirty today... I just cant believe i still have this shit called acne. I feel very bad again... :( I guess i am not that lucky to be cleared so fast with acutane, knowing that i have acne since a long long time, seems like a eternity. I hope this bastards go away soon :( See ya...

Day 102

Hi there! :) Since yesterday's post the 2 inflammed zits on the left cheek are drying very slowly...But seems to me that the redness is fading fast. I never touch them or something, and i'm just keeping the moisturizing routine and thats all. I believe acutane will do the rest. Besides this 2 zits i only have a small zit in my forehead, but doesn't bother cause hair covers it.

Speaking in hair... i really want to be clean from acne as many of us want of course, but i do want because i am tired of having this same hair cut just because i have a bit of acne in my forehead. I want to change my look when my acne disappear :) OF COURSE!

And summer is coming...and this is my last year in the university :) I hope i will make it...!!! After this i will start to stage in a multimedia company that the univ will get me...and so i am very anxious this days... Pression is on my way too.

Stay nice girls and boys ;)

Day 107

Good day! Hope you are all fine :)

Acutane is making my skin pretty clear! Just 2 zits on my entire face. Not bad at all!

I'm becoming very used to this drug... Side effects... i simply can handle them.

So, i really want to go forward with this some more months. I want to reach the 7 months and not staying with 5. I hope my dermatologist agrees with this. Pills are endind, and i really have to ask for more; i have some options, ask a cousin, a friend or seeing my derm.

But... i really am a bit anxious about what my derm would say because summer is comming, and all the derms said to me in the past to stop taking the medicine because of the season. Well, the acne came back after.

Life is going fine. Yesterday i had a young cousins dinner...was great! I eat pizza, drink some red whine... and then we went to a bar. Was great. I have been doing some websites and now i have a ecommerce website for a book store. Money is coming :) And i haven't finished my university yet. Btw acutane is cool, u know why?!!! Because i simply can eat and drink whatever i want. Skin is always better than ever :)

Day 112

Well, i guess i was mistaken about my actual days in acutane.

It's only 112 and not 122 like i was about to write ;) Acne is fine, just a huge LOL cyst on the lower of my skin next to the ear. Hair covers it and its not visible again. I have been lucky these days... Hope it will last. I really love acutane. It's amazing this shit! I don't want to end it cause i'm a afraid it will come back... Wow this is what i call a DRUG.

Day 117

Not great, just fucking super great! No zits... NONE! A new life, a new social life, new projects... new business, etc. I am terrific :) Cant believe this is happening. Really!

I Still look at the mirror many times, and evey time i don't see any zit! Just scars and recent red marks. I am very happy! Euforic! :) I love acutane! I will be on the treatment more 4 months. It will be a hard journey, because my lips are always very dry and this is the only thing that bothers me. Ahhh and the sun... summer is coming and can not go to the beach...tHIS SUCKS! :) Well...stay great people!

Day 133

Hello people! It has been a long time that i didn't wrote here in the log...

Acne still controled. I think... I don't have any zit in my intire face, stil hard to believe!

It's a dream come true, really!

The boring thing is, when a person like me, who had cystic acne for 11 years, and reached a moment in life like this, continues to face the marks after all the nightmare that i lived before.

In others words, i still fear something... i have lots of red marks and deep scars which i don't know now what to do about them. I try always to not think of them. The mind technique continues to be the same. Don't bother with that, i must be grateful for everything. But still... many artefacts are in my skin, and i don't like to be a "special one" among all.

I still feel insecure in social events, yes, i now have a more social life than before with acne.

I go out when ever i wish... i know that i am not a ugly person, but still, my skin is not very normal and i feel insecure.

It's summer time here in Portugal, i have always went to the beach, swim, take sun baths... But now, with acutane, i can't do it. It's a pitty, everybody talks about the beach, the hot weather and so on... and i simply can't go. I know that this treatment will end, my acne will disappear forever, and i will have many more summers to live and enjoy...

Hope everyone is fine. After all i'm really good, i shouldnt be complaigning about my scars when many peope in the org still has acne and feel doomed.

I must say, that acutane is saving my life, givinig me will to live, to go out, to met people, to make business, etc.... I arrived home now, i drank some beers, i had a really good time with my friends, and only god nows how many times i didn't have the guts to go out to bars, like i did today. Girls looked at me many times, i met new people... and still i have my face full of scars...

People, Give yourself a really opportunitie to be happy and don't bother much with what people may think.

Stay cool! Peace ;)

I'm so glad you're acne-free!! Red marks usually fade on their own, but pitted scars should usually be dealt with by laser. I think you have to wait 6 months after you stop Accutane to get laser treatments done, but I'm sure your dermatologist would have some suggestions once you're all done with Accutane.

All the best!!

im glad to see that you are finally clear after so many ups and downs during your course.. im sure the redspot will fade, as for the scars i cant help you there. either way once the redmarks fade you will feel alot better. i cant wait to get through this so mine can fade away. i have shallow scarring so im going to do a tca peel once im off accutane and its safe for me to do it pry 6 months to a year after my course.. well good luck with the rest of it

hey mate. came across your log by chance (because im thinking of this drug).

Are you still going strong? any bumps still there from cysts?

thanks!

Yeah I am so happy for you! So I started my course like 2 weeks ago and already I am loving this stuff and to think I was so scared to get on it. So happy to hear you are feeling better about yourself. From a complete strangers view your a hottie!

Hey Devendra...I'm sort of in the same position. I am supposed to start my acuatane treatment after Jan 10th.... and I'm nervous as hell. After reading all these posts, I think I'm even more nervous because of all of the breakouts you get. YIKES. I guess it will all be worth it in the end, but I'm gonna have to invest in some good 'make-up' during! LOL

So, it sounds like your treatment is going well....did you start getting better already?

I know how you feel, I was the same, I held off the treatment for a good four months before I finaly started taking acutane. However, I can now say that I am truely glad I decided to go with it! I spent a good year on the pills, and had my fair share of the side effects. But now, four months after finishing treatment, I can say that my acne has never been better. I still get the odd one or two pimples, but other than that I have been completely clear, the evidence is below! (left hand pic before treatment, right hand two months after). Yes, the outbreaks were annoying, but I just thought about what the final result would amount to, and tried to forget about them. They faded with time, along with all my worries with the treatment!

So just keep at it and I hope it works as well as it did for me, wishing you all the best! ;)

post-109406-1288175161_thumb.jpg

post-63031-1291163098_thumb.jpg

2 years have past since i wrote this log. My face is acne free. I still got some pimples in a month but nothing to compare when i was in 2008. They surely come when i have too much stress in a week, eat junk food and don't sleep well. Accutane surely helped. I still recommend!

My karma now is to fade the scars. I have a very similar feeling about myself like when i had severe acne. Well... i have the courage to do everything without worrying about my face.

The shit is, i always have the feeling that no girl is interested in me.

By the way, i'm living 650km away from my old town, where i have all my friends and family, because i got an excelent job as programmer in a very good company.

Still...i have to much difficulty in relate outside the job, boys or girls.

Almost anyone invite me to do anything. I hate this...

I really don't know what it is...

I feel i'm funny at work, a good guy with everyone, bue when the weekend comes, is always the same picture...

For the first time in my life, i have $ and a future coming... But alone. It fucking sucks!!!!!!!!

Edited by pedroal3xandre

post-63031-1291163098_thumb.jpg

2 years have past since i wrote this log. My face is acne free. I still got some pimples in a month but nothing to compare when i was in 2008. They surely come when i have too much stress in a week, eat junk food and don't sleep well. Accutane surely helped. I still recommend!

My karma now is to fade the scars. I have a very similar feeling about myself like when i had severe acne. Well... i have the courage to do everything without worrying about my face.

The shit is, i always have the feeling that no girl is interested in me.

By the way, i'm living 650km away from my old town, where i have all my friends and family, because i got an excelent job as programmer in a very good company.

Still...i have to much difficulty in relate outside the job, boys or girls.

Almost anyone invite me to do anything. I hate this...

I really don't know what it is...

I feel i'm funny at work, a good guy with everyone, bue when the weekend comes, is always the same picture...

For the first time in my life, i have $ and a future coming... But alone. It fucking sucks!!!!!!!!

don't worry! your so handsome and i'm sure your interesting and good company as well.. these things always take time, just give yourself a chance.

all the best

j x

Wow, you look amazing. You are a very handsome fellow and you should NOT feel self conscious at all about your skin it looks amazing! I think sometimes we are our own worst enemy and critic. You just have to realize that other people do not notice the same things you do. For example when I look at your picture I notice your strong jawline and dimples... not any scars. I'm sure other girls are noticing the same things too (which is a very good thing!).

Maybe try finding a local hobby club that does something you're interested in (i.e. salsa dancing or hiking) and meet some people through that outlet. Then once your confidence is built up a little, then move on to dating :)