Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

can flakes contribute to breakouts? and would a lotion help since you are not really getting rid of the flakes but instead not making it visible.

can flakes contribute to breakouts? and would a lotion help since you are not really getting rid of the flakes but instead not making it visible.

I think that flakes can clog the pores which can definitely contribute to acne...I don't know if one particular moisturizer can help...I think the real test is after you've been using the new product for a while, when you wake up in the morning and wash your face and everything is your skin flaky before using the moisturizer....I would say though that most moisturizers capable of getting rid of your flakiness completely may be too strong and cause breakouts also...do you exfoliate a couple of times per week? that could be important...

I recently switched from BP to all natural products because I also had this problem and my skin is no longer flaky (and less oily too!) :)

If you have flakes, you need to do some kind of exfoliation to get rid of them, because they can clog pores and contribute to breakouts. Using moisture will not get rid of flakes, it will just kind of glue them back onto your face, which can cause more breakouts because those flakes are blocking your pores. Ideally you should exfoliate to remove flakes, and then apply moisturizer. Moisturizing can prevent flakes, but will probably not get rid of flakes you already have if your face is extremely flaky.