Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jenstar

itchiness on face

If a product applied topically to the face causes itchiness, what does this mean? Is it a form of irritation? My raw organic honey mask is making my face feel sooo itchy - particularly around my nose. I have noticed this all 3 times I have tried it. As soon as I wash it off, the itchiness goes away.

im not sure...but personally whenever i get out of the shower a single spot feels itchy sometimes, and when i look in the mirror it is a tiny bump...thats really the only time my face feels itchy, when a pore is clogged or already is clogged

If the applied areas are the only ones that are itchy, that means you should stop using it. In cases of medication like Azelaic Acid, mild to moderate itchiness is expected, but what you're using doesn't seem to be something that should cause itchiness.

Usually, dermatologists say that if you experience itchiness from a product, that means your skin is having an irritable reaction to something in the product.

Yeah, something so natural and mild as honey you wouldn't think would cause itchiness. Maybe it's just the sensation and stickiness around my nose making it feel itchy. When rinsed off, the itchiness stops and there is absolutely no sign of redness or irritation.