Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
apprenant

Began taking Isotretinoin yesterday

My acne went from moderate to severe in november last year, so I decided to take the strongest measures since it just doesn't give up, I've tried antibiotics and all sorts of topical products without satisfying result.

I received Decutan from the derm(similar to Accutane) i'm taking 40mg a day. I was wondering if I should avoid foods that are high in Vitamin A(such as carrots)?

My acne went from moderate to severe in november last year, so I decided to take the strongest measures since it just doesn't give up, I've tried antibiotics and all sorts of topical products without satisfying result.

I received Decutan from the derm(similar to Accutane) i'm taking 40mg a day. I was wondering if I should avoid foods that are high in Vitamin A(such as carrots)?

Hi, i take isotretanoin too :)

yes, you sahould... also get a tub of ccarmex for your lips, and cetaphil for your face, your gonna get dryyyyyyy!!!

I take supplements, to try and combat the badness accutane can do to you?!

xxx

Yes, I've read here it's best to go easy on your liver and not take any supplements with vitamin A in it-- I think carrots once in a while is o.k., but don't over do it. It's obviously best to eat balanced diet, lots of good fats and lots of green leafy veggies.

I was advised by my dermatologist not to take any vitamin supplements. He said there is such a thing as overdosing on Vitamin A. Many vitamins won't hurt you, but he said that Vitamin A can be deadly if you get too much. My derm said I would get enough Vitamin A if I just ate plenty of fruits and veggies and stuck to a healthy diet.