Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan

New logo and look

Paul and Joel re-did the site to make it friendlier. We still have a bunch of things to do, so it'll keep evolving. But I'm loving it so far.

i know its still in progress but i just thought i'd let you know of a problem. i use firefox and it causes the note in the top right to overlap the menu bars making them hard to see...not to mention difficult to select. I logged on with IE and there wasnt this problem.

I had the same problem with firefox when the regular acne.org logo was up. Love the little note, definitely makes it more personal. Not so keen on the new logo, but probably just cause its different and I was able to see the other combo together first.

I really like the note thing but not too sure about the logo - the text looks good just not so sure about the blue square.

is there anyway i can get rid of Dan in the corner of my screen? He's already my desktop background and i just worry perhaps my obession with him is getting a bit OTT.

The light blue square is better than the dark blue...still eh

Kind of looks like there's just a hole in the little note though, could you use a tack to 'hold it up there', maybe stay with a 'bulletin board' theme? I dunno...

Looks really good. :) Except the note in the upper right hand corner keeps making me think I have a PM to read. ;)

I'll get used to it.

The pale blue square is better than the dark blue. Maybe the logo should be a big red huge zit - only joking! I like how the concept or look of the post-it note logo and the mission statement note tie in well together.

Also I just checked out the products available on the home page. The new packaging and marketing information looks great.

It's OK.

*EDIT*

I think it should feature something unique or a success story of regular Acne.org users and a photo of their success. Not a bad start, though.

I really like the blue square logo. It's simple and different. It's not trying to be flashy or anything. I like it =)

I also think the purpose is for it to be simple.. like how the regimen is.. 1..2...3.

It shouldn't be flashy or have any abstract design. Just simple and easy to use, makes it unique and stick out.

Good job Dan.

Oh.. and i thought the blue square was just my computer not loading the picture right.... -_-"

haha, but i cant be the only one.. I reckon you should change the background abit so the blue box doesn't blend into the background of the website... if that makes any sense.. im always gonna think it ddint load properly. :S

The mission statement is fancy tho, i like it.

is there anyway i can get rid of Dan in the corner of my screen? He's already my desktop background and i just worry perhaps my obession with him is getting a bit OTT.

Oh.. and i thought the blue square was just my computer not loading the picture right.... -_-"

haha, but i cant be the only one.. I reckon you should change the background abit so the blue box doesn't blend into the background of the website... if that makes any sense.. im always gonna think it ddint load properly. :S

The mission statement is fancy tho, i like it.

I like the forum avatar/logos. I notice each one has a little sideways "S" swoosh in them that divides it in half and gives it a 3-D "glossy" appearance.

Since there were some complaints about the blue box logo, maybe an "S" like that in that makes it two colors of blue could differentiate it. It would still be in keeping with the products, but unique for the website. A website doesn't have to have an identical logo as products. You're able to do more with a website, more colors than are afforded on package printing. Play with it...you might like it.