Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been on Dan's Regimen now for 8 weeks and my face is 99% clear. YAH YAH YAH. I have a question though. I went to the dermotologist on Monday because I had this huge red bump on my face and apparently it was cyst acne. So he shot it with something heavenly because it's only been 2 days and it's nearly gone. He did prescribe Retin A and a 5% BP wash.

My problem is that I am scared of using the Retin A now that my face is used to the B.P and is doing really well. Could I use a light wash in the morning with my regular B.P regimen and then do the light wash and Retin A in the evening? And if I do this will I have to go through the whole break out stage again. Because as you all well know it sucks and the thought of going through that again makes me want to hurl. The only thing drawing me to the Retin A is the claims that it will help with the scarring. Does the B.P help with scarring? The breakout stage has wreaked havoc on my face.

Please somebody enlighten me because I have no idea what I should do.

Karla

My regimen use to be:

Morning:

Shower and wash face with purpose

Duac topical (5% bp)

complex 15 moisturizer

Night:

Shower and wash with purpose

Retin A Micro

This worked really really well. However, my skin got very dry eventually. Not flaky at all, but it would be red all the time. I am still trying to figure out what to do. But for your question I would definately say retin-a and bp work great together. As for an initial breakout, Retin-a is known to have an initial breakout period. I didn't notice it, but that's what my dermatologist and their website says. Definately worth trying though in my opinion.

If anyone knows how I can use both and not get a red face I'd love to know that too.

I read that BP should not be used with products like RETIN-A as it will cause severe irritation. Stick with your current regimen . =D

I'd stick with the regimen you're on right now. I've tried splicing different treatments before and it almost always ends in disaster. My face is almost completely clear from Dan's regimen but, like you, I am covered in scars. I think we should just be happy that the breakouts are gone.

I'd stick with the regimen you're on right now. I've tried splicing different treatments before and it almost always ends in disaster. My face is almost completely clear from Dan's regimen but, like you, I am covered in scars. I think we should just be happy that the breakouts are gone.

I disagree, I started Dan's regimen using an AHA/BHA-added product as my moisturizer, and as well as clearing acne, it would also clear scars. So at any given time I'd have some acne that the BP was clearing, and some scars that the moisturizer was clearing, but never would either pile up.

Now my much loved AHA/BHA moisturizer has been taken off the shelves and I've been using other junk - my acne is still relatively low thanks to the BP, but the scars are starting to pile up.

In my opinion the regimen NEEDS to tackle both if we are to have truly clear skin. Skin free of active acne but full of scars isn't clear, and still looks bad!!!