Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
albert_30

Protein sources

Can anyone recommend any good sources of protein other than whey protein shakes or gorging on meat? I'm trying to gain some muscle mass as I'm super skinny for my height and I find that protein shakes break me out.

what kind of protein shakes have you tried ?

Whey Isolates are what I recommend, make sure they are lactose free..... Whey Concentrates are the cheaper dirty protein, Isolates will cost a little bit more but well worth it since they contain no lactose or casein, 2 major acne contributors

Smoothie King Low Carb smoothie...hardly any sugar, only sugar is from the fruit and you can request to use splenda or equal. Has 39g of Protein in one small smoothie. It's Called Low Carb Banana Smoothie. They Add fiber supplement and protein supplement. You can add strawberries or almonds for more taste.

Not to sure about without the meat but you could definatly sub the whey protein shake for some nice lean chicken post workout will do the same job.

Meat is hands down one of the best sources of protein.

Eat tuna or salmon, as someone else suggested, as these tend to actually help acne, since they are very high in omega-3 fatty acids and low in omega-6. Also try lean cuts of chicken, beef, and eggs, and for vegetarian sources, try beans, oats, and potatoes.

Fish is an excellent source, but be cautious of mercury. If possible, try to consume more salmon and sardines, and limit tuna to 2-3 times a month.

Can anyone recommend any good sources of protein other than whey protein shakes or gorging on meat? I'm trying to gain some muscle mass as I'm super skinny for my height and I find that protein shakes break me out.

You don't have to "gorge" on meat to get all the protein you need. I mean if you eat 200 g lean meat you have like 45 g right there. Do this with your 3 main meals and you how much more can you need?

Personally I have to do it the other way around! I have to restrict my protein so that I don't eat to much. For me it's very easy to eat 200 g protein in a day.

Whey protein isolate won't break you out. It is 98% protein by weight, meaning it doesn't contain enough of anything besides protein to cause acne.

You probably were drinking one of those godawful proteins made in china like Body Fortress or something. Body Fortress is mostly woodchips and aborted fetuses mixed with tang.

Basically... you get what you pay for. Cough up the $9 per pound and get Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein.

I drink 2-4 protein shakes a day typically, because I don't drink milk. Since giving up milk for protein shakes my skin has improved alot.

In fact I'm drinking my post-workout shake right now.