Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bigdog01

Getting Accutane

okay heres the deal guys. i went to my doc november. she gave me minocyclin and clindoxyl gel.

it worked ya it brought some of the inflamation down.

back end of december i went back and said it only worked at the begging and didnt change.

doctor gives me minocycline again and stievamycin gel.

now i hate steivamycin, but i never whine about side effects. this stuff makes my face feel like i got a coating of ice on it and flakes like mad.

it wasnt the sides that piss me off so i go back to her today and say it stopped working to. i used it for like 3 weeks and worked at begging. helped to kill a few pimples but some come back.

so i went back today and begged for accutane and she would only change me to 250 mg x 4 times a day of tetracycline.

oh well i cant take this anymore. all the acne i have left is pimples under the skin and the red spots i got refuse to leave.

now i have to wait 3 more weeks on stupid antiobiotics and this cream then she will refer me to a dermatologist which can take a week and then even longer to get your appoitment.

If i go to the dermatologist am i going to get accutane here in canada.

This is ridicoulous i am so tired of this hassle i would rather just take this stuff and have dry lips.

Thanks!

I live in ontario, first time I went to my doc about my acne he gave me some bullshit cream lol. I didnt go back for a few months until it got worse, then my doc prescribed me minocyline and I was on that for like 2 months or something like that. I went back to my doc and he then gave me 6 weeks of tetracyline which actually did help. I then went back after 6 weeks, he refered me to a derm, then I got accutane. And I'm almost 2 months in on treatment :D. I wish I would have gotten accutane instead of minocyline because I could have saved myself all this time.

I live in ontario, first time I went to my doc about my acne he gave me some bullshit cream lol. I didnt go back for a few months until it got worse, then my doc prescribed me minocyline and I was on that for like 2 months or something like that. I went back to my doc and he then gave me 6 weeks of tetracyline which actually did help. I then went back after 6 weeks, he refered me to a derm, then I got accutane. And I'm almost 2 months in on treatment :D. I wish I would have gotten accutane instead of minocyline because I could have saved myself all this time.

ya man im saying the same thing. i just wanna get on accutane feels like im wasting time.

if im gonna go through all this hassle i want it all to be gone.

how is it working?

cant you find yourself a dermatologist? you dont need to be referred to one, just find one, and tell them what youve done, and that you want accutane, end of story.

if one derm wont give it to you, go to a different one.

simple

in canada the doctor sends a referal to a dermatologist its annoying how long it can take.\

anyone else in canada just call a derm and get an appointment without having to go through the hassle of seeing a normal doctor, then all these medicines that dont work, then a referal and waiting for an appointment.