Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

Whats been your personal experience?

same as above  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think leads to more breakouts for you?

• high levels of stress
    • food allergies
    • about equally the same
    • food allergies because Im stressed; when Im stressed I eat more

Stress and foods that cause acne flares - kelp, salted food, dairy, peanuts, etc. (I'm not allergic to them, but they are acne triggers for a lot of people).

Stress and foods that cause acne flares - kelp, salted food, dairy, peanuts, etc. (I'm not allergic to them, but they are acne triggers for a lot of people).

I know for sure that stress does cause problems for me. I've never really noticed a definite correlation with acne and food, but I am still super paranoid about it and try to eat healthy anyway. My diet has been very strict for a while now, so maybe that's just my cravings trying to ignore the correlation. I want a chocolate shake sooo bad.

Not really an either or for many people. But since I don't stress out and have therefore never noticed a breakout from stress, while a food allergy causes horrible cysts, I'd have to choose food allergy.

But the allergy just caused the cysts, not the oily skin, blackheads and other acne types. That would be diet/hormones.

I haven't found a link between my acne and my diet, so I'll say stress. When I'm stressed I either eat a lot more or a lot less, but I don't seem to have any food allergies, so food isn't a problem for me. I do break out when I'm really stressed though.

high levels of stress! i didnt understand what "about equally the same" means... :/

nice poll! should be more like this!

What I mean by equally the same is stress and food allergies equally are what lead to breakouts

high levels of stress! i didnt understand what "about equally the same" means... :/

nice poll! should be more like this!

What I mean by equally the same is stress and food allergies equally are what lead to breakouts

I think acne is caused by SO many factors, but I think stress, especially in adult acne is a huge cause.

How do I know this? Because I have a predisposition to getting acne but I never really had a problem until last year. I'd always get a PMT spot or two but nothing to ever worry about. And I ate whatever I wanted (I have a sweet tooth) and washed my face with whatever I wanted. I had no idea that problems or forums like this existed.

Then last year I split with my long term boyfriend (as in over 8 years) and developed severe acne which took AGES to fix. I still have to be very careful with my skin, and I think this is because there's still a bit of heavy energy around my heart area. I'm hearing countless stories like this where adult acne appears 'all of a sudden' after times of trauma or extreme stress.

Another interesting thing, I find that when I really work on my emotions, by doing daily yoga and meditation, my skin is at its best. It takes a lot of discipline but wow, it's amazing how much stress, or 'heart tension' is related to acne.

I think acne is caused by SO many factors, but I think stress, especially in adult acne is a huge cause.

How do I know this? Because I have a predisposition to getting acne but I never really had a problem until last year. I'd always get a PMT spot or two but nothing to ever worry about. And I ate whatever I wanted (I have a sweet tooth) and washed my face with whatever I wanted. I had no idea that problems or forums like this existed.

Then last year I split with my long term boyfriend (as in over 8 years) and developed severe acne which took AGES to fix. I still have to be very careful with my skin, and I think this is because there's still a bit of heavy energy around my heart area. I'm hearing countless stories like this where adult acne appears 'all of a sudden' after times of trauma or extreme stress.

Another interesting thing, I find that when I really work on my emotions, by doing daily yoga and meditation, my skin is at its best. It takes a lot of discipline but wow, it's amazing how much stress, or 'heart tension' is related to acne.

I think stress can deffinatley contribute to acne. Your skin will often reflect how you are feeling mentally. That's why alot of smokers who are tired and have breathing problems look tired and have sagging skin, I know chemicals have an impact to this effect as well. Or if you look at someone who doesn't get much sleep there skin looks pale, dark bags under their eyes and there skin seems very .. raw? From my own experience I know stress can cause a flareup. Everytime I would crash my car or come into some sort of financial problem, filing taxes wrong d'oh!, my skin would break out. I think people need to stop worrying about their skin so much because I am sure all that stress about their skin is only making matters worse. I know that is easier said than done but finding a productive way to occupy your brain should help matters. I know at the end of a long work day after keeping busy instead of wondering how my skin looks it will look better than if I had sat around paranoid all day.