Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Constantine

Since I started supplementing Betaine HCL

I noticed a massive improvement in my skin when I took HCL too, but then if I missed one, I'd have horrible indigestion, so now I use cayenne to stimulate stomach acid production. My skin is much smoother with cayenne. It's not as strong an effect as the HCL, but it definitely does work, so I stick with my cayenne for now :) And with cayenne I don't get indigestion if I miss a dose, so I'm happy about that :)

Yeah, I noticed good results with the texture of my skin, but while it was a small improvement, it quickly leveled off. It did make me really curious about how important digestion is and why I wasn't producing much acid to begin with.

I've actually been experimenting with probiotics and have seen a further improvement in my skin where HCL left off.

Seems that weak stomach acid and digestive difficulties caused overproduction of sebum on my face. Wierd huh?

what is betaine, sorry im ignorant about it, Im doing taurine and went from vegan to meat and low carb stuff, no fruit and veggies, I m still eating low carb yogurt though because i was on antibiotics too long like a year of amoxicillin 500 2 x a day. anyhow i need the probiotics. I am eating eggs, meats, fish and turkey, low starch veggies, no cheese just low carb yogurt. walnuts, and sometimes a few raspberries. water. would betaine help me. my acne is mostly small stuff on my jaw and a few cysts on my chin or by my nose very deep.

I noticed a massive improvement in my skin when I took HCL too, but then if I missed one, I'd have horrible indigestion, so now I use cayenne to stimulate stomach acid production. My skin is much smoother with cayenne. It's not as strong an effect as the HCL, but it definitely does work, so I stick with my cayenne for now :) And with cayenne I don't get indigestion if I miss a dose, so I'm happy about that :)

hey LiliVG, what's cayenne? and is it better to take that than the ACV to increase the HCL? thanks! :)

hey LiliVG, what's cayenne? and is it better to take that than the ACV to increase the HCL? thanks! :)

Cayenne is a pepper high in capsaicin, which is what makes peppers spicy. Capsaicin is known to stimulate the stomach into producing more of it's own stomach acid, and has a long history in natural medicine for aiding digestion, and easing digestive discomfort over time. Capsaicin definitely has a stronger effect than ACV for stomach acid. :) I started with 1 capsule of 40,000 hu so my stomach could get used to it, and now I use 1 capsule of 100,000 hu at each meal.