Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Freddrum

Hi! I'm new here and I need some help (Mod.Acne)

Hi guys, I'm Freddrum, I'm 16 and I'm from Denmark. (Sorry for bad english)

I have a little problem..My zits just wont go away. I eat carefully, I do not drink, I eat alot of candy..But not so much that it would hurt me, but either way, they just wont go away.

The mostly pop up on the forehead where they arent really "visible", these zits are big "bumps" if you understand what I mean. You can not pop them or anything, their just big bumps and it hurts when I try to squeeze / touch them.

Now, I REALLY care about my face. I wash it daily and care it, but as every teenager, looks are very important to me and also, the first impression you get with people are the most important! And with this problem I cant meet new people..Thoughts go in and out of my head like "Oh no! Is it visible!! Oh no..Can she see them?".

Another problem is that my nose is extremely red, and I have done everything to get rid of the redness. My doctor gave me some pills, Tetracyklin DAK, I believe, but they arent really helping..Please help me! I have low selfesteem due to this. I want to go to an expert, but you all know that they charge millions for it :doh: . I believe that the redness is caused by..How can I explain it..Exploded/broken/leaked bloodcanels, it's the same with the eye when you accidently stick your finger on the eye, it gets all red.

I do not know what to do..This has caused me to be isolated and scared of peoples comments..

Please help.

best regards,

Freddrum.

How long have you been on the tetracycline for? You should give it atleast three months before you judge whether it's working or not.

Do you wash your face twice daily with a gentle cleanser? That can be important.

You might want to try a combination of a topical antibiotic like clindamycin combined with some sort of retinoid. Differin worked quite well for me, but I had to give it a good few months.

Do you wash your face twice daily with a gentle cleanser? That can be important.

You might want to try a combination of a topical antibiotic like clindamycin combined with some sort of retinoid. Differin worked quite well for me, but I had to give it a good few months.

It could be a combination of acne and rosacea, or possibly just rosacea (but you seem kind of young for rosacea, but its possible I suppose). Do you only have the acne on your forehead or do you get bumps around your nose too?

If the redness in your nose is due to "broken capillaries" (they really aren't broken, but that is how most people describe it), then they only thing that really works well for that is laser surgery. I had it for a few broken capillaries around my nose and it worked great. Its been almost two years and it still hasn't come back.

It could be a combination of acne and rosacea, or possibly just rosacea (but you seem kind of young for rosacea, but its possible I suppose). Do you only have the acne on your forehead or do you get bumps around your nose too?

If the redness in your nose is due to "broken capillaries" (they really aren't broken, but that is how most people describe it), then they only thing that really works well for that is laser surgery. I had it for a few broken capillaries around my nose and it worked great. Its been almost two years and it still hasn't come back.

Hey Freddrum

You may want to consult a dermatologist regarding this. If you want laser treatment, you will have to consult one of them anyway. You mentioned that price is an issue... laser treatment will probably work for your broken capillaries if that is indeed the problem, but it will probably cost heaps, far more than consultation fees with the derm.

If you can't afford those yet, I think topicals do work fine. They are the mainstay treatments anyway. I feel that a lot of acne medication that work well are prescription medication. If you read these forum you will get a lot of different ideas, but try what your doctor says first.

You might want to change your antibiotics since it's quite clear that it isn't working satisfactorily. Its effects might have faded since you have used it for such a long time.

Keep us updated!

Hi there,

if your cleanser has alcohol in it then it's not gentle!! Your problem might be acne/rosacea...but I think rosacea is fairly unlikely in a 16 year old boy, no? It's more common amongst middle aged women right? Maybe I've got my facts wrong

Anyway, your problem could be as simple as something that you're using topically is really irritating you/perhaps you're allergic to something that you are using topically. I would suggest going all natural with your skincare to see if that helps. You can make most of your own products if you do a little research online or you can check out apothena.com. Natural products are much gentler than over the counter or perscription topicals. Good luck

Hi there,

if your cleanser has alcohol in it then it's not gentle!! Your problem might be acne/rosacea...but I think rosacea is fairly unlikely in a 16 year old boy, no? It's more common amongst middle aged women right? Maybe I've got my facts wrong

Anyway, your problem could be as simple as something that you're using topically is really irritating you/perhaps you're allergic to something that you are using topically. I would suggest going all natural with your skincare to see if that helps. You can make most of your own products if you do a little research online or you can check out apothena.com. Natural products are much gentler than over the counter or perscription topicals. Good luck

Hi there,

Rosacea is more common as people get older - it is progressive though, and can start early in some people. Usually in younger people it manifests more as a flushing/blushing tendency. Regardless of what the broken capillaries are from, if that is what they are, then lasers are still the only thing that gets rid of them. Topical treatments for broken caps may temporarily reduce redness, but they don't fix the problem. Some younger people have also indicated that they started getting rosacea-like symptoms after completing courses of accutane - so there may be other triggers that may cause it to show up earlier in life. It also shows up earlier on fair-skinned people who get a lot of sun exposure (and who don't wear sunscreen).

Definitely best to get a derms advice on this one though.

Hi guys, I'm Freddrum, I'm 16 and I'm from Denmark. (Sorry for bad english)

I have a little problem..My zits just wont go away. I eat carefully, I do not drink, I eat alot of candy..But not so much that it would hurt me, but either way, they just wont go away.

The mostly pop up on the forehead where they arent really "visible", these zits are big "bumps" if you understand what I mean. You can not pop them or anything, their just big bumps and it hurts when I try to squeeze / touch them.

Now, I REALLY care about my face. I wash it daily and care it, but as every teenager, looks are very important to me and also, the first impression you get with people are the most important! And with this problem I cant meet new people..Thoughts go in and out of my head like "Oh no! Is it visible!! Oh no..Can she see them?".

Another problem is that my nose is extremely red, and I have done everything to get rid of the redness. My doctor gave me some pills, Tetracyklin DAK, I believe, but they arent really helping..Please help me! I have low selfesteem due to this. I want to go to an expert, but you all know that they charge millions for it :doh: . I believe that the redness is caused by..How can I explain it..Exploded/broken/leaked bloodcanels, it's the same with the eye when you accidently stick your finger on the eye, it gets all red.

I do not know what to do..This has caused me to be isolated and scared of peoples comments..

Please help.

best regards,

Freddrum.

I've got broken veins/capillaries on the top of my nose, not very visible but they are there. I have one too under my right eye, it's probably where I've taken one to many hits. Saying that, once my acne clears up, which hopefully it will I'm going to get it checked.