Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dragon10

is true that moisturizing your scars and red marks makes makes them...

scars dont go away. Thats why they are called scars and it differentiates the terms scars and redmarks from each other. In regards to making redmarks fade faster, Im not sure. The only reason I moisturize is to keep my skin hydrated

I'm not sure about moisturizing, but spot treating red marks with 100% pure aloe vera gel is supposed to help, also a dab of lemon juice on the red marks only might help.

Also if you exfoliate regularly it will help to make the red marks fade faster

In terms of scars, I'm not sure but I've read some posts about vitamin C being beneficial...maybe you could try one of those natural moisturizers that have vitamin C in them? you should research what nutrients/foods build collagen

Good luck!

Molly is right though scars need proper attention from acids and other stuff, otherwise they will be there for years. Moisturizing will help with red marks but will have little effect on scars.

Molly is right though scars need proper attention from acids and other stuff, otherwise they will be there for years. Moisturizing will help with red marks but will have little effect on scars.

The original question was whether moisturizing makes scars/red marks go away faster. The answer is they do.

Whether or not it takes years or not is simply not part of the question, period.

The original question was whether moisturizing makes scars/red marks go away faster. The answer is they do.

Whether or not it takes years or not is simply not part of the question, period.

Referring to the original question here,

Yes, moisturizing will help if you use the right kind.

Some moisturizers contain vitamin E and/or vitamin A, these are the best for treating red marks.