Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dadondada

About to start SmoothBeam/Vitalize Peel

Visited local laser treatment center (licensed phys, etc) and got a consultation on my acne. I'ved tried the regimen, proactiv, different regimens on this board and nothing seems to have worked. So, in this last hope I'm going to try the lasers/chemical peels. The doc said shes gonna give me a peel one week, smoothbeam the next week, then peel again the following week - repeat for about 6 weeks. She took pictures so hopefully she feels confident in how it is going to work.

Hoping for the best here.

Visited local laser treatment center (licensed phys, etc) and got a consultation on my acne. I'ved tried the regimen, proactiv, different regimens on this board and nothing seems to have worked. So, in this last hope I'm going to try the lasers/chemical peels. The doc said shes gonna give me a peel one week, smoothbeam the next week, then peel again the following week - repeat for about 6 weeks. She took pictures so hopefully she feels confident in how it is going to work.

Hi,

I'm pretty new to the site, and trying something more drastic now. I have acne scars mostly on my nose and forehead, nothing on the cheeks. I went through couple smoothbeam lasers combination with the laser peels, but didn't work for me at all. I'm looking to do or active fx or co2 laser, but I'm not sure which would work better, since there are so many feedbacks all over the web, that I still can't make my decision. I hope it would work for you, even though I felt like throuwing my money away. The doctor was saying, how much better it is, but I didn't see any results, and went through 3 smootbeam and 3 laser peels. Than they tried to put me on fraxel, but I said before paying $3000 for the set of 4, I'll do my research, and see what else is available.

I just got my first chemical peel on Monday as well. It's a series of 3 every 2 weeks. The first one was not bad. It burned and was very tight but only for the first 3 minutes, and you only had to leave it on for 5. They said there might be peeling and drying in the next few days. It's been 2 days and there has been little drying. A few dry spots but nothing too serious. It does look like its helped the redness a little bit. I'm hoping by the 3rd one there will be some vast improvement. Best of luck to you!