Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey gang,

Ok, I figured before I give the accutane a whirl, I would try 25,000IU Vitamin A (Beta Carotene). Has anyone tried this? Im taking one a day and started last Sat. So far, had a few pimples pop up, but nothing I can't handle. Does anyone know if this is effective in clearing some acne?

If your planning on taking accutane, don't take vitamin-a because thats basically what it is consisted of, and your not suppose to take it while your on accutane. So, your derm'll probly give you time to get it outta your system before you can start on accutane. If your face really warrants accutane then ask your derm. The only natural supplement that I have found to help is mega dosing on Pantothenic Acid(B-5).

:D I started my homeopathic treatment late last October with the naturopathic doctor telling me to take Cod Liver Oil by Carlson's in the Lemon Flavored Liquid, which is more palatable they say, which is a more concentrated form of Vitamin A. I opted to use the pills, the Carlson's double strength, as I am a baby on some vites in a liquid form, so I decided to get the other Vitamin A in the Beta Carotene form like you are taking. I found it in a good vitamin blend of Beta Carotene, Vitamin E, and amino acids at a local health food store and the name of the pills is Herpanacine by Dr. Richard Diamond. So I take a max of 25,000 i.u. a day with the beta carotene and then the 2500 i.u. pill of the cod liver oil. It took about 3 weeks to see results, but my skin is not oily like before and my skin is not breaking out since early December. Now it could be the other things I am taking (see My Regimen Results under Newcastlegirl to have them listed) like the B vitamin Niacinimide Cream, etc. I did try the B5 or Panthothenic Acid for 2 months and saw no great results like I have now obtained, but others swear by it.

Karen

Don't expect any derm (I tried 4 over the years) to encourage taking natural methods to clear up your acne. But most conventional doctors get such little nutritional training. You may want to consider finding a naturopath, which is the only way I have been helped in 6 years. Just my opinion..

Karen

Well, I figured I would give the 25,000IU of Beta Carotene a try and guess what? Works wonders! Im still taking 200 mg of Minocycline every day on top of the Vit A and my face is as soft as a baby's ass! No pimples either..just some red marks from the initial breakout. The Vit A pushed out a lot of whiteheads that were hiding underneath. Hopefully, this remedy will work and I wont grow immune to it! If youre considering Accutane, TRY the Vitamin A in the form of Beta Caroten first...why not give it a shot!?