Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
edddyyy21

finally have pics...help?

pics arent great but i have some and was wondering what type of treatment is best for my skin...my skin definetly looks worse then in the pictures because of some skin colored bumps that arent showing...thanks in advance

post-58344-1201474005_thumb.jpg

post-58344-1201474017_thumb.jpg

post-58344-1201474040_thumb.jpg

post-58344-1201474005_thumb.jpg

post-58344-1201474017_thumb.jpg

post-58344-1201474040_thumb.jpg

and my signature is up to date...i know simple, working better then slapping buncha crap on my face...as well i dont have any acne in my beard area, just on my cheeks right where my facial hair stops

Sounds like you and me have some of the same symptons. I also only get acne where my facial hair is still devloping, aside from the odd one or two on my forhead from rocking shaggy hair. Im guessing you don't get whiteheads (or very few if you do) they are mostly under the skin and seem to take forever to go away?

Check out this link for more info: http://www.acneguide.ca/basics/like_acne/folliculitis.html

You could possibly have something called foliculitus, very similar to acne but different. Its more of a parasite infection, I believe thats what my derm told me.

Couple of questions/suggestions for you, first off do you shave with a razor? If so may I suggest picking up a facial trimmer instead? I found that a razor only tends to spread the bacteria and force already grown in hairs back under the skin resulting in new nodules. Suggestion number two.. Go and see a doctor about a cream called Fusidic Acid, its a zinc/sulphur/cortisone combination cream. Will turn those nasty bumps into a one - three day problem. The zinc helps with containing the infection, the sulphur helps to kill the bacteria and the cortison reduces the redness and swelling.

Other than that just give it time man it sounds like mainly a hormonal thing to me, now that most of my facial hair has grown and in conjunction with my regimen I get maybe one new nodule every other week.