Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey so I have about 80 pills left and have been on 80mg (2pills) a day for the last couple months. I NEED to be done! Like yesterday! I can't take it anymore. So I'm thinking I'm just going to start taking three a day to speed up the process. I went in and got my blood taken last week (for the last time thank god!) and everything is fine, so I think should be ok.

I'm just wondering who out there has taken 120mg a day before and what your experience was like. Would the side effects really be that much more than 80mg?

Oh and I weigh 180lbs 6 foot 1.

Thanks for any advice.

Just do what your dermatologist says, I weigh 12 stone (no idea in pounds) and I am dead on 6 foot, max i'm allowed is 60 mg a day he says.

Just do what your dermatologist says, I weigh 12 stone (no idea in pounds) and I am dead on 6 foot, max i'm allowed is 60 mg a day he says.

hmm well yah that's the thing is I just had my last appointment with the Derm the other day so I won't be seeing him anymore. And I know I've heard ppl talk about taking 120mg before and I'm pretty sure they were around my weight, or even under. I checked and 12 stone is 168lbs.

Did he say why you were only allowed 60mg max? Maybe you just don't have as severe of acne as me or others.

Anyone taking 120???

I'm taking 120 mg/day. I started slow (20 mg) for 2 months, then did 80 for one month. My derm told me I should do 120 per day for a more aggressive treatment. She said it would keep my skin clearer longer. Side effects are pretty much no different than 80. I weigh 165 lbs. No problems taking 120 per day, my derm even offered to let me go as high as 160 per day.

hmm well yah that's the thing is I just had my last appointment with the Derm the other day so I won't be seeing him anymore. And I know I've heard ppl talk about taking 120mg before and I'm pretty sure they were around my weight, or even under. I checked and 12 stone is 168lbs.

Did he say why you were only allowed 60mg max? Maybe you just don't have as severe of acne as me or others.

Anyone taking 120???

I am the same weight and took 160 mgs daily. No issues for me, but that is me. Good luck to ya.

I'm taking 120 mg/day. I started slow (20 mg) for 2 months, then did 80 for one month. My derm told me I should do 120 per day for a more aggressive treatment. She said it would keep my skin clearer longer. Side effects are pretty much no different than 80. I weigh 165 lbs. No problems taking 120 per day, my derm even offered to let me go as high as 160 per day.

SWEET! That's exactly what I wanted to hear! I figured just one more a day wouldn't be that big a deal but I just wanted to make sure there were others out there that were around my size taking that amount. And your Derm said it would help be clearer longer? Awesomeness to the max.

I'll be done in 25 days after taking my first pill last June! About 9 months when it's all said and done:(

I had some liver issues for a while thta slowed the process, but it's all good now.

I can see the Fn light!