Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JSOlegit22

Aloe vera gel & Vit. E oil(soybean oil, Tocopheryal Acetate, and coconut oil)

I'm not sure how i should apply these or in wut order @ night

Hi there,

aloe vera gel is actually a good toner/treatment for active acne. In it's pure form it might actually dry your skin if you're skin isn't extra oily (I know it's counterintuitive!) You could dilute it 1 part filtered water to 1 part gel or ever 2 parts water to 1 part gel. In any case the aloe should go first after your face wash. The oil is a moisturizer. Try using a very small amount and spreading it over your whole face (this seems strange at first if you're used to using lotion, since you might be used to using a lot) A small amount should go a long way. Good luck!

Hi there,

aloe vera gel is actually a good toner/treatment for active acne. In it's pure form it might actually dry your skin if you're skin isn't extra oily (I know it's counterintuitive!) You could dilute it 1 part filtered water to 1 part gel or ever 2 parts water to 1 part gel. In any case the aloe should go first after your face wash. The oil is a moisturizer. Try using a very small amount and spreading it over your whole face (this seems strange at first if you're used to using lotion, since you might be used to using a lot) A small amount should go a long way. Good luck!

Thanks! That helps ALOT!

The only one I would suggest you apply at all is the aloe vera gel. The other oils you listed are mild to moderately comedogenic. I would stay away from those others especially the coconut oil which on a scale of 1-5 with 5 being the most comedogenic, coconut oil is a 4. Check this site out:

http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm