Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Golfer09

I Hate This

hey, its gonna be alright. Just remember we have all gone through the same thing. I havn't look at myself in the mirror in over a year. It is tough man. I cry over it and I get mad at myself. Just make sure you figure out how to lessen those breakouts thats the mosti mportant thing. You need to let your scars heal. I promise you they will get better if you keep fighting and take care of it in a gentle way. Don't stress out just breath, you dont want to get more acne through stress. Just keep fighting alright, give it more then 2 months. Yes, your derm is probly just tryign to make you feel better it will take time. A LOT OF TIME. But in the end youll make it out alive.

I would say no more retin A because your face will be very red and dry and stressed. Try getting a facial or two. They will moisturize and sooth your face to keep it relaxed. Glycolic and enzyme peels might help. Im going to get my 911 facial done at a place in a week I have mild scaring, but i was in the same boat you were in about 4 months ago so I will let you know what works. Just make sure you arn't putting to many topicals on your face. It needs to be moisturized and feel calm. Let it heal naturally. Take vitamins.

Hey again,

I think you should do something to make yourself feel like you have some control at least, I would first of all take fish oil supplements, they help the skin alot, also you may want to take hyaluronic acid supplements, they can make a visible difference in the plumpness of your skin rather quickly too.

For topicals you should probably just stick to essential oils, like rosehip, jojoba or extra virgin coconut is great to smear on and sleep with too (from health food store) Jojoba and coconut oil is good for active acne too, not sure about the rosehip. My scars started out a little thickened around the edges and this stuff helps to calm that down. Hope that helps. I also think you should see someone to talk things thru with, but don't think you need antidepressants. You just need time to deal with this stuff.

Aw Golfer,

What you are going through... I feel your pain, and I swear to you I have been there.

Time is what you have to give yourself. When I said it will get better, I meant your scars and your feelings about them.

As others have pointed out, your greatest enemy right now is not just your scars, but that helplessness that goes with it. If you can't control it, then its just better not to try... correct?

But you can have some control, and this is not a hopeless situation.

The depression that you feel... that is a road you are on that you can and will get off.

Go see a dermatologist, a doctor first off. Get advice, try things.

Self-pity gets you nowhere fast.

Right now I am more concerned about your emotional state, but the fact that you came here and posted, and responded tells me that you are reaching out, and that is very hopeful indeed.

Going out? Crazy isn't it. But the thing is, it will get your mind off of the one thing that is poisoning you right now. You don't have to go party with lots of people... take small steps.

Go to a bookstore and buy a book. Go get a coffee by yourself... anything that takes care of you.

Please let us know how you are doing. And stay strong...the people here are enormously helpful!

I don't know why it is so hard for me to think that it will get better over time. I can understand that the redness will fade and get better, but all these little pits and nicks and dents just seem like they are there to stay. I see the shadow off my face sometimes and its makes me sick. I hope that with time like everyone is telling me that these marks do fill in and I don't have to avoid certain lighting for the rest of my life. I enjoy golfing and now I will probably avoid that because of what my face will look like out in the summer. I just feel as though this is going to be a domino effect and will ruin everything for me. I am fighting time, but I feel so weak. I am turing into a baby that can not handle my own life anymore. Its amazing what can happen to a person in a few months time.

You know, contrary to popular belief, it is ok to feel things. Even healthy... I've seen a few folks echo this in here.

It sounds to me like you are still mourning your old self/life. That's a normal process...You can't just snap your fingers and feel better. A few months, I'm still trying to leave the house without makeup on, & it's been years. But, I'll talk to anyone about my skin problems. Helping people out helps me to get over it.

Weird, huh? Talking to you, Golfer, helps me out a bit. That's what we're all doing here. It's kinda cool in it's own way...Just, at some point, one day soon.. Open the windows, & play some music.. Let some natural sun hit your arms, it's good for depression. (& eat something besides fast food.. ;) )

:comfort:

What do you guys think about exfoliating my skin. I was thinking about doing that very gently to get the dead skin off mu face and that may help speed up healing. I just want to hear what you all think before I do trying it. I don't want to mess up the healing, but I was thinking this may help. Also in the early get go when my acne began to go away I was putting apple cider vinegar and poking them with toothpicks. Hopefully that didn't screw up the healing either. Im an idiot and I just am impatient. But let me know what you think of the exfoliating cream. I feel like I should be doing something to it.

i agree with Golfer.....i must tell u something sweetheart, u have only had scars for a few months.....i have been scarred for 15 years.....and every time u are rejected because of ur scars, or u r humiliated everytime the person u have a crush on is around, and u are constantly single, and sick of going out to bars and having all of your friends hook up and have people get crushes on them and not ever u, u will want to kill urself too.....thru the years as all of ur friends go off and get married, and have kids, and get divorced and find new partners, and u are alone u will change......everytime u catch someone staring at ur face when ur not looking, evertime u hear someone say something nasty (like "she's nasty!") u will change......

he has to get rid of those scars....and so do u......dont sugarcoat it......he has to get rid of them.......he will have a miserable life......

the upside? u can get rid of scars nowadays......fraxel laser (personally, this laser faded ALL of my red marks, and smoothed my skin out...i kinda look normal now, but im still treating).....for deep pock marks fill them in with collagen....inject it right in.....get going and dont live with it.

i agree with Golfer.....i must tell u something sweetheart, u have only had scars for a few months.....i have been scarred for 15 years.....and every time u are rejected because of ur scars, or u r humiliated everytime the person u have a crush on is around, and u are constantly single, and sick of going out to bars and having all of your friends hook up and have people get crushes on them and not ever u, u will want to kill urself too.....thru the years as all of ur friends go off and get married, and have kids, and get divorced and find new partners, and u are alone u will change......everytime u catch someone staring at ur face when ur not looking, evertime u hear someone say something nasty (like "she's nasty!") u will change......

he has to get rid of those scars....and so do u......dont sugarcoat it......he has to get rid of them.......he will have a miserable life......

the upside? u can get rid of scars nowadays......fraxel laser (personally, this laser faded ALL of my red marks, and smoothed my skin out...i kinda look normal now, but im still treating).....for deep pock marks fill them in with collagen....inject it right in.....get going and dont live with it.

hi golfer, go to a laser doctor!!! look for "fraxel laser" get it done.....go to their website i think its made by "reliant"

btw: i read all of ur posts BEFORE i looked at the pics, and although u say the pics dont show everything, it DOES NOT look as bad as i was expecting it to look from ur suicidal posts....

also, u have evry right to be EXTREMELY upset over this shit, and u did nothing to deserve it.....but fix it!....look at the fraxel website and look into it now!!

hi golfer, go to a laser doctor!!! look for "fraxel laser" get it done.....go to their website i think its made by "reliant"

btw: i read all of ur posts BEFORE i looked at the pics, and although u say the pics dont show everything, it DOES NOT look as bad as i was expecting it to look from ur suicidal posts....

also, u have evry right to be EXTREMELY upset over this shit, and u did nothing to deserve it.....but fix it!....look at the fraxel website and look into it now!!

I would buy a good healing moisturizer in the meantime. If your skin is still raw in spots, something like Aquapor, or Neosporin ointment will help.

Don't exfoliate if you are raw!

<edit:>

Being impatient won't work. You can treat your scars and be nice to your skin at the same time...Until you go for a laser or TCA, or something more invasive, of course.

Try to remember that irritation caused inflammation that lead to scarring in the first place, it's not the way to do this.

dude pretty much everyone here feels exactly the same as you do, and a lot put it in the exactly same words as you. your scars will look better in months time trust me a year ago i wouldnt even glance in a mirrir with good lighting, now i can stare into the worse lighting and feel not so bad about it, avoid looking in the mirror, that will crush your spirits.

and if you cry just tell yourself to grow up seriously pick yourself up get back to the gym, train hard at least you'll have something about yourself to feel good about and you can put all your pain and frustration into it, its great to blow off steam. thats what i do bodybuilding.com is the best site to learn how to lift properly if you dont know.

but we all only get one life and if you piss it away now its such a waste, do stuff that will contribute to helping out yourself in the future.

and if you seek a medical treatment id go with needling, read up you can do it yourself too if they dont offer it where you live. rather than expensive lasers that will do fuck all.

but seriously your a man act like one. it will get a whole lot better i been where you are but worse and i was only 16 years old im 18 now, my skin really bothers me too but im not disfigured so im not too depressed at the moment. but i got hurt a LOT more than you did buddy.

sorry for really long post but i think its a good one

dude pretty much everyone here feels exactly the same as you do, and a lot put it in the exactly same words as you. your scars will look better in months time trust me a year ago i wouldnt even glance in a mirrir with good lighting, now i can stare into the worse lighting and feel not so bad about it, avoid looking in the mirror, that will crush your spirits.

and if you cry just tell yourself to grow up seriously pick yourself up get back to the gym, train hard at least you'll have something about yourself to feel good about and you can put all your pain and frustration into it, its great to blow off steam. thats what i do bodybuilding.com is the best site to learn how to lift properly if you dont know.

but we all only get one life and if you piss it away now its such a waste, do stuff that will contribute to helping out yourself in the future.

and if you seek a medical treatment id go with needling, read up you can do it yourself too if they dont offer it where you live. rather than expensive lasers that will do fuck all.

but seriously your a man act like one. it will get a whole lot better i been where you are but worse and i was only 16 years old im 18 now, my skin really bothers me too but im not disfigured so im not too depressed at the moment. but i got hurt a LOT more than you did buddy.

sorry for really long post but i think its a good one

I do have to agree with it being a bit soon. However I am going next week to see a cosmetic doctor and get his opinion. I will ask them what they think about it. I just don't want to jump into a laser treatment and have it cause more damage than good.

Would there be any advantage to putting a vitamin c cream on or anything like that. I feel helpless and I feel like I should be putting something on my face to help it heal. I have been putting aloe gel on in the morning and jojoba oil on at night. Does anyone here recommend anything else. I will ask my derm about retin-A when I see him in a few weeks.

How bad was your scarring and what type of scarring did/do you have. Also how long did it take for your face to start looking like the scars were getting better. I just can't seem to grasp the idea that pits and inents with even fill in any. My whole cheek looks all pitted and createred. I can't help but to keep looking at it whenever I see a mirror.

I DISAGREE!!!

it wont hurt to get to that doctor next week, have them check you out, and see if they can help u....when u go, ask about "Fraxel" Laser.....

i dont believe u should wait....if ur acne is under control and u were not on Accutane, then start lasering....i think that the older the scars get, the more difficult it will be to get rid of them...

Would there be any advantage to putting a vitamin c cream on or anything like that. I feel helpless and I feel like I should be putting something on my face to help it heal. I have been putting aloe gel on in the morning and jojoba oil on at night. Does anyone here recommend anything else. I will ask my derm about retin-A when I see him in a few weeks.

I do think that my skin is still healing. I do have to agree that doing any sort of treatment right now could really make things worse for me. My face and pits are still very red and one is still purple so they are still healing. How long did you wait to treat yours.

Starting in the November I began to break out really bad on my cheeks and around my mouth. Being an idiot I did not go into the dermatologist and I thought that I could rid it myself. I tried everything possible and ended up fueling the fire and made it worse. Now after the acne destroying my face for 2 months I have scars allover my cheeks. I am to the point where I hate myself and it is the biggest challenge to get up in the mornings. I see all the indents and pick scars and it makes me sick to look at myself. The derm told me there is nothing I can do about them right now so I should take down all my mirrors. I hate what has become of me and sometimes I think crazy thoughts. I never thought scars would cause such a blow to a persons self-esteem. I honestly can not stand myself. My derm told me that your skin is an amazing healer and with time they will lessen, but I am not buying this. I hate what I have become. I have lost my drive in life.

first post,

This post is mainly to "Golfer09"

I have been battling severe acne since i was about 19 or so, Im 24 now and it has gone but i have been left with scars that took an age to return to my skin colour.

I come from western Scotland so i have very fair skin and the scars are on my right cheekbone, forehead and indented scar tissue between my eyes,, ( lol they pick the best place to scar , don't they).

I had my fair share of awkward social experiences, such as on my commute to university in Glasgow on the train i wouldn't make eye contact with anyone. And not going anywhere near a girl during the past couple of years due to extreme embarassment.

I also hated looking in mirrors and getting up in the mornings ,, But i didnt tell anyone although my parents and brothers knew how much i was hurting inside.

And i never went out with my mates to pubs and clubs , thus totally ruining my teens to early twenties, OR so i thought..

I get the odd zit on my chin now and again after i shave ,, But i dont mind about that, I have been using witch hazel to cleanse my face and Bio - Oil to reduce the scars..

Mentally i probably think the scars are worse than they are, But dont despair they will get better and we have to keep getting on with life.. just smile and be happy.

Im thinking about going to get some Nlite laser treatments and peels done in a clinic in manchester and hoping i can move on with my life. It is pretty costly but it is worth it.

Anyone have any success with this?

I will post pre treatment and post treatment scar pictures for you guys in here..

Kind regard

Rian

I respect your opinion, but I completely disagree with u........a scarred face DOES equal a miserable life....only in an idealistic world can we say that it's whats inside that counts...... but this is a physical world we are living in, and looks count.....ALOT....u may hate that, but it doesnt make it untrue....

this guy is 25 years old and in the prime of his life, when he should be out there meeting women, but he cant.....and WHY? ....because alot of the women that he wants will write him off immediately.....sure he will be able to find SOMEone.....i mean, everybody can find someone, but it probably will not be the girl he wants......its horrible, yes.......but it's reality.....

and anyway, look at your own screenname!...."hate thyself"......why did u pick that?

that boy needs to get rid of those scars......FRAXEL, COLLAGEN RESTYLANE, DERMABRASION.....he doesnt need sugar coating.....he needs help

[RIAN: u need the FRAXEL laser.....it is the latest thing on the market......google it.....i use the Fraxel 2 (there was an original fraxel 1)....and now they have a Fraxel 3 (called Fraxel Re:pair) and it is for SEVERE acne scarring.......dont waste money ive done everything, and the only real success i had was with Dermabrasion and Fraxel.....