Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
changbanger29

What Moisturizer to use for Retin A?

Are there any recommendations on what moisturizer to use while I am on 0.1% Retin-A? I've been on it for about a week now and my face is super dry! I can't open my mouth after I get out of the shower until I put a moisturizer on. I use Complex 15 which was great for me, but not that I am drying out excessivly I need something that works better. I still have that dry, tight feeling in my face even after I use Complex 15. Any suggestions?

Eucerin

ive been on retin-a for over a year, even though i had to stop on my face for a while after horrible sunburn.

i found that Eucerin is best, ive tried almost everything. granted the ultra expensive stuff is best, but not cost effective for long periods of time. so, use eucerin its best for this and other dry skin issues. and it does make my skin a bit oily, but it really makes my skin smooth so... its really up to you what you prefer.

one problem ive found with it is, if i exfoliate then use retin-a my skin burns horribly and even eucerin stings. but it does help.

Edit: p.s. im using Retin-A Gel .025%

Cetaphil for Dry Sensitive Skin (The lotion). Sometimes it looks greasy but i've tried SO many different moisturizers while being on retin-a micro .1% and nothing works like this.

I've just started using Effaclar-H from La Roche Posay and I highly recommend it. It's calming, moisturisng and formulated for acne prone skin.