Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
goinggoinggone

question for all you EM fans

I got some of the Everyday Mineral sample dues to all the good reviews on this board, and was kind of disappointed. The coverage was extremely sheer, even after some layering, and the concealer didn't get rid of the red marks that well. Plus it seemed really dry...not exactly chalky...just dry.

So far I've been using Bare Minerals which I much prefer...only I am very fair and their lightest shade is a bit too dark. That and the 25 dollar price tag makes me not ready to give up on EM yet.

So my question is...am I doing something wrong? Is the the small packaging of the samples that makes it hard to get full coverage?

I have EM concealer issues with my red marks, as well. What concealer are you using? I use mint, and sometimes I dab extra foundation on to minimize the redness.

Plus it seemed really dry...not exactly chalky...just dry.

Which coverage type did you get? I find the Intensive is the heaviest coverage and a very natural look. The others are a bit more sheer.

Some of us use plain silk powder before or after (or both) when using the EM. It just seems to give it a smoother appearance in my humble opinion.

Also - like Jolian mentioned - moisturizer before application seems very important for me too. Otherwise it just settles into lines. Moisturize very well and let it dry. Then apply either your makeup - see if it improves things.

Did the color match seem okay to you?

Thanks for your comments :)

The color matches seemed good, I think I'm a golden fair. I got samples of the intensive formula. I think I'll try it with some moisturizer and see how it goes.

i actually use a liquid concealer before i put on my the em foundation and it works very well...

maybe you could try that. also, i know that some people wet the concealer a bit to make it thicker and cover better.

hope you figure out what works for you! :)

good luck!

For dry skin, some people prefer orginal glo or semi-matte, which will give a sheen more like BM, but will need more layering too. Intensive is matte, and if your skin is not oily I imagine it could look dry from it. The silk powder also absorbs oil, so I don't recommend it if you already feel like it's powdery. You could try the intensive with a final layer of the original glo to add some sheen.

How are you applying it? Application is key. I would use 3-4 layers where you need heavy coverage, and remember to buff. Your brush should have a visible layer of powder on it when you apply.

I also recommend a damp concealer brush, with either water or even moisturizer, and buff that too. I sort of twist in on the spot; makes a difference. I use the intensive light concealer, which is a bit yellow & good for redness, but it's also more of a skin tone so it doesn't have to be overly blended.

And yes, definitely moisturize well with mineral makeup.