Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Peekaboo

So do I have any other options?

Hi all,

I don't know what to do about clogged pores anymore, more so, the little "skin colored bumps." In past attempts in squeezing them (I knew better and no longer try), I've noted that a little white solid gunk comes out (nothing wiggly). I have tried everything from BP, SA, AHA, & Mandelic and baby brush. More specifically, I've tried NHSFL (Sensitive and SPF one), Dan's BP, Paula's choice SA, Stridex SA, Green cream level 6 and some mandelic I use to use when I use to get facials. If anything, when I use to get facials, that's the best my skin had ever been but alas, I can not afford them at the moment.

I have these bumpies only on my cheeks and both sides of my face. No where else. In the past 2 days, I decided to just simplify my routine, using Johnson's head-to-toe, morning & evening, followed by jojoba oil on damp skin and then FOTE aloe vera. I also have this one bump near my lower lip that has been there for 2 weeks straight and shown no signs of disappearing. I do breakout every once in a while (& when it comes to products, I need to choose wisely, as I also have sensitive skin) but that doesn't bother me nearly as much, since I can tame that but have never been able to get rid of these bumps.

What else could I try? Could it be fungus related or something of the sorts? Any other ideas?

Thank yous. :)

I'm certain I'm not the first one to suggest this, but have you thought about accutane? Of course, it's a scary medicine that has a lot of potential side effects but then again, its effectiveness can be tremendous. I hope to start on accutane soon.

I'm certain I'm not the first one to suggest this, but have you thought about accutane? Of course, it's a scary medicine that has a lot of potential side effects but then again, its effectiveness can be tremendous. I hope to start on accutane soon.

I'm sure if I walked in a derm's office asking for accutane with the way my face is, they'd looked at me like "Wtf." My skin isn't that bad to have to be on it. Lol.

Thanks though, and good luck to you!

Here is a regimen you might consider (and its really not as complicated as it looks!). The creator of this regimen is my esthetician who specializes in treating acne. This was pretty much my regimen when I first started going to her clinic, and it worked really well for me:

http://www.acne.org/non-inflamed-acne-regimen.html

Thank you dear. I'm gonna give that a look.

I miss my esthetician!! :(

I'm sure if I walked in a derm's office asking for accutane with the way my face is, they'd looked at me like "Wtf." My skin isn't that bad to have to be on it. Lol.

Why are you sure about that? Well okay, if your skin problems really aren't too bad then sure, accutane might seem like a very drastic step...

But if your problems go beyond average skin problems, and it bugs you a lot, and you've tried a lot, and you believe accutane could be the solution you're looking for, then why give up so easily?

In the end, it comes down to how serious you believe your skin problems are, and how much you believe in your own abilities to convince a doctor. Maybe you think you shouldn't have to convince a doctor, but human communication is in its essence all about manipulation. It's typical for a doctor to play it safe, which becomes a conflict of interests if you yourself believe safe is not where the game's at anymore, so you might be required to manipulate the doctor to not play it quite so safe.

Anyway, good luck to you as well. I haven't started the accutane yet but I assure you, I will get it, even if I don't fit the typical accutane profile I imagine many derms operate with :)