Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Oh it's horrible. I dread summer. I dread anytime I can't hide under my hoodies and jackets. Even showing my arms is horrible because the acne as seemed to migrate to them.

It hurts sometimes, too. Physically I mean. So bad.

My boyfriend loves me for me and I know that none of my friends would dislike me if they knew what was on my back and arms and under the makeup...

But I'm terrified of this summer.

It's made me gain weight. I feel almost comfortable hiding under layers of clothes. Oh man... this isn't making any sense. Sorry. sad.gif

:X , yes, i feel your pain. bacne sucks so much. it does seem to migrate, like to the chest, shoulders, upper arms. i hate the summer now. no more going to the beach, pool, water parks. being constantly pressured by friends and making bs excuses that you can't go. how active is it? cuz for me, after about three years, it seemed to have stopped. it just left a whole bunch of red marks and scars. anyways, hang in there. and don't think about it too much, cuz stress does seem to make it worse for some people, like me.

Most of the clothes you wear would cover your shoulders and upper arms anyway, unless you wear tank tops etc. So don't panic to much, like you say, they wouldnt care anyway. But yes, it does suck when acne dictates the clothes you wear. By the way, in the past when my shoulders played up, i found using thick layers of 5% benzoyl peroxide, just at night really helped.

I hated always making excuses about why I couldnt go to the beach with my friends all the time. Eventually they stopped asking me to go with them. I even said no to playing on a basketball team my friends organised because I would have to wear a singlet and I was scared that everyone would see my Bacne

But i began thinking that while they all went out and had fun all I was doing was staying home and doing nothing, and for what, because i feared someone was going to make a comment about my back

I didnt want to look back on my life and realise that i missed out on all the good times because I was afraid of what other people thought about me.

So I began doing things with my friends and just having a good time and forgot about the acne.

The acne is a lot better now but it certainly is not clear. When I look back on this summer I remember all the good times and not the acne and I just couldnt imagine having missed all those good times couped up in my room.

try tea tree oil body wash i remember i used that durring the summer when i had acne on my chest sholders and back cleard it all up with in 3 weeks

how does your bf feel about it?

im in a similar situation.......

do you gusy talk about how much it bothers you?

I had a lot of bacne in college. I can totally relate to you guys.

In my experience, accutane cleared it right up. Even though my acne came back on my face and neck after accutane, it never really did on my back.

-Dan

That was to people who has bacne without face acne and bitch out not beeing able to go to beach. I dont know wtf you smoking but most people with bacne dont have mess on their face

Oh wow, and I thought I was the only to use the word "bacne"! I scrub that shit with all kinds of stuff from the store but I really don't have time to screw with that when my face is in jeprody!

I used to think bacne at the beach was the worst but for me is bacne during track meets where ur shoulders r exposed, it has really effected my times because I always feel like ppl r staring at me and I can't focus like I used to be able to...I remember one meet last year in the finals of the 110 HH where it effected me so much that I hooked a hurdle and took a big roll. My coach doesn't understand, he makes us wear our uniforms only, he won't let me wear underarmor and to make matters worse he's blasted me for slower times in the past and thinks that I'm not trying hard enough.

That was to people who has bacne without face acne and bitch out not beeing able to go to beach. I dont know wtf you smoking but most people with bacne dont have mess on their face

i completely sympathize. my boyfriend loves me and my body, but i usually wait till the lights are low before i take off my hoodie. i hate the idea of him being repulsed by the acne on my neck and back. my facial acne is mostly under control, thanks to hormones and b.p. I don't use anything to control the acne on my body however...due to the fact that b.p. bleaches fabrics...ive had unfortunate experiences with this is the past.

actually last night was a horrible example of how my backne affects my relationship with my boyfriend. i was wearing a tank top and we had all the lights on...i was just hoping he wouldnt really be looking at my chest and that my hair would cover down my back...but about 5 min into this he goes ' its a little too bright in here for me, im gona turn down the lights'

:-#

aww tahts awful!

maybe he wasnt referring to your back at all though. i like dim lights at all times too!

to the person who is saying bacne is no big deal, we are all here to get help because our problems bother us. there is no need to throw yourself a pity party saying yours is worse than anyone elses. i had back acne for years and although i do not get breakouts, i am left with scarring that seriously upsets me. it is hard for intimacy, and although i am grateful i did not have to expose it to the world every second, it felt awful because it seemed like some dark hidden secret i had. just try to be kind and sympathetic, ya know........

anyways....girls with bfs....

how do your bfs feel about it? did you tell them before exposing it? what did you do?

o god, this is my favorite thread sad.gif

for the longest time my girlfriend thought i couldnt swim which is why when we went to the beach i didnt go in the water... -.- im sure she knew about it though because my friends have made fun of me about it in front of her... how awful is that?

but since i started the regimen, and actually decided it was time to get this shit cleared its gotten better, i still wont take my shirt off but i know that by summer ill be looking way better than last year.

anyhow, tomorow is the scheduled delivery for my B5/bcomplex, hopefully that will give me the final edge on this acne and ill bring it into a controllable level. summer isnt for a few months guy we still have time!

my life is based on swimming and dancing. So basically they show off alot of skin.

i had acne on my chest, back , face and arms. i hate it so much. my mom always tells me that none would care and everything. but i have low self esteem and i get scared when people talk behind my back.

NONE of my friends have this and they always were tanks and beautiful shirts and dresses but im always wearing a tshirt. it kills especially in the summer

but im always invited to the pool or beach and i cant ever go :( i really hate my body. and i tell my mom and she tells me that i have a great body so whatever you wear will be ok. but it really isnt. im jealous of the other girls. i tried everything from St Ives to Neutrogena to Proactiv to going to the dermatologist. i cry and cry but nothing works. its not fair for anyone to suffer like this ; and other girls that take advantage of their bodies.

I know what you mean. When my friends ask me to go swimming, I absolutely hesitate and think about "Oh shit, I have acne on my back, my chest, my arms, and my shoulders and everyone will see it". When I do go, I notice that my friends have no acne on their body (I'm alone in this, I'm telling you), but it takes me I swear 15 - 30 minutes to take off my shirt and get in the pool. I look around to make sure nobody is looking at me. I'm paranoid when it comes to people staring at me (well, staring at my acne). My friends ask me why I take so long to get in the pool, and I just tell them I'm just "Chillin" and I'll get in in a second. I'm not going to tell them the real reason.