Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Short bio: before accutane I would get about 2-3 pimples/week, some weeks more than others, the occasional cyst/nodular, which last for several days to weeks and leave indefinite red marks that make me look like a monster from outerspace. I was on Retin-A, plus my current regimen aside from accutane. Stopped Retin-A on 01/17/08. As a result my skin usually gets better and the red marks fade before it starts getting worst again.

Day 1: Drank a gallon of water. I think it was totally unnecessary. Had to go to the restroom like a race horse.

Day 3: Small active on the lower back of my neck, unusual. After the gym my skin was a bit flaky and my scalp itched a little.

Day 4: Switched to a high veggie diet. I read on some post its important to maintain a low cholestoral and trigliceride level, which reduces some of the side affects.

Day 7: Another small active the size of a .7mm lead mechanical pencil, above my lip, which is already a white head. A bigger pimple on the left side of my temple. Fortunately, it's located on the border where my hair grows, so it can't really be seen. Lips are a little dry but probably can get by licking them. The one on the back of my neck pretty much just dried off. Started using Aveeno Ultra Calming night moisturizer. Is it bad that I like how good it smells? Tomorrow I think I'm going to add BP in the afternoon, since my skin is not dry yet. I want to avoid the IB as much as possible. Dry mouth after the gym but not too bad. Had a little meat today; an ini mini piece of chicken and a little bit of salmon. Running low on FOTE, I think I'm going to buy some tonight.

Short bio: before accutane I would get about 2-3 pimples/week, some weeks more than others, the occasional cyst/nodular, which last for several days to weeks and leave indefinite red marks that make me look like a monster from outerspace. I was on Retin-A, plus my current regimen aside from accutane. Stopped Retin-A on 01/17/08. As a result my skin usually gets better and the red marks fade before it starts getting worst again.

Day 1: Drank a gallon of water. I think it was totally unnecessary. Had to go to the restroom like a race horse.

Day 3: Small active on the lower back of my neck, unusual. After the gym my skin was a bit flaky and my scalp itched a little.

Day 4: Switched to a high veggie diet. I read on some post its important to maintain a low cholestoral and trigliceride level, which reduces some of the side affects.

Day 7: Another small active the size of a .7mm lead mechanical pencil, above my lip, which is already a white head. A bigger pimple on the left side of my temple. Fortunately, it's located on the border where my hair grows, so it can't really be seen. Lips are a little dry but probably can get by licking them. The one on the back of my neck pretty much just dried off. Started using Aveeno Ultra Calming night moisturizer. Is it bad that I like how good it smells? Tomorrow I think I'm going to add BP in the afternoon, since my skin is not dry yet. I want to avoid the IB as much as possible. Dry mouth after the gym but not too bad. Had a little meat today; an ini mini piece of chicken and a little bit of salmon. Running low on FOTE, I think I'm going to buy some tonight.

Hey congrats for starting, I'm on day 10 of my course and have felt some dryness around the mouth and eyes but nothing major yet. Good luck with the course!

Congrats to you too. What dose are you starting on?

Hey congrats for starting, I'm on day 10 of my course and have felt some dryness around the mouth and eyes but nothing major yet. Good luck with the course!

Congrats to you too. What dose are you starting on?

Day 15:

IB: The pimple on my right cheek is still there and has white headed again but less noticeable. I'm not letting it pop this time. The small one on my left cheek has shrunk quite a bit. I imagine it would flatten out over the weekend. Two new pimples on my lower right chin, not as noticable. A pimple on my forehead. I"m not too concern about that one either. It's the one on my cheeks that gets to my head. According to most logs I've read, majority of people that that had an IB normally starts see noticeable clear results at the end of the second month.

No major side affects besides dry lips. The dryness with my entire body seems to fluctuate. I try to drink at least 2 liters of water/day and consume a high veggie diet still.

I'm excited about my new MP3 player I received yesterday. It's only 2GB but it has FM radio. It's all I wanted and what got me out to the gym yesterday even though I felt tired and lazy.

Hey I weigh about 110 pounds, no idea about kg though. Since yesterday my face has felt tight enough for me to need to put cream on a few times during the day, havent't got any major body dryness. But I've noticed that I get tired really suddenly in the middle of the day when I was feeling fine 2 minutes before. I'm finding that exercise really helps though, Im taking dance classesand really love them. Argh I'm not looking forward to day 20 if thats when the IB is supposed to start. Im on day 16 today.

I'm experimenting with not popping the whiteheads too, they just seems to shrivel and turn a darker yellow colour.

Keep the updates coming!

Day 15:

Uuuuh, a few more minutes before I get off work. Okay... The forehead pimple is getting big, real big. I"m starting to get a little self-concsious. But on a good note, I don't see any more new ones today. I'll have to check the mirror closer when I get home. I was hungry all day. I had a lot of dried fruit and nuts mix today. I hope that's not going to make the IB break out worst.