Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sierra352

Using other BP than Neutrogena On The Spot

I can't find the On The Spot anywhere in Canada, and Solugel is ver, very messy, and stinks.

I have one bottle of the Neutrogena On The Spot from last time I tried the regimen, and now I want to come off antibiotics so I need to use the regimen to help with the breakouts.

I hope this gel Dans making will be available soon, then I'll use that but in the meantime I don't know what BP to use, I live in Canada.

I was wondering is using Clindoxyl Gel will be ok? (BP 10%, Clindamyacin 5%) its good stuff too but costs way to much to be using as much as the regimen calls for, but I can use this until Dans gel is out?

I'm from Canada also and I use Solugel for my regimen. I have a bit worse than moderate acne and my regimen gets me to about 90% clear.

But I have only been doing it for about 6 months.

Morning-Shave with electric razor, shower with Cetaphil bar soap

Night-Wash face with Cetaphil bar and apply BP to face and any other areas of acne (back,chest)

I've used Benzamycin, Oxy, Nutrogena, Panoxyl, Solugel and Clindoxyl.

There ranges of BP were from 2.5 to 5%.

My favorite out of all of those is Clindoxyl but you need a prescription so I use Solugel 4% BP.

Solugel has a very watery texture more than oxy and an awful smell but it dries totally clear and I wake up with no visible residue. It's a little more drying than Oxy or Nutrogena but it makes up for it becuase it applies really easy and dries clear. Also after application your skin is still pretty flexible so you can talk and eat much easier than after say an application of Oxy.

Ok, I'll use the clindoxyl until I get the new gel Dan is making.

I used Solugel for a long time when I was on the regimen a year ago or so. I use ALOT of it so it took a long time to rub in, and it is very watery. It stinks which is why I disliked it but it wasnt very drying which was good.