Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
adam1986

adams accutane log!

Hello everyone ;)

A short bit of info on my acne for you as i know you lurrrrrrrve the history! I'm 21 now, started to get acne when i was 11 or 12 (yes, i don't quite remember, last year of first school..started puberty before everyone else :| ) it started with little to no acne, but slowly got worse..when i was 14 my face was completely covered, and classes as severe. my entire back was also covered. i tried a number of antibiotics and topical medicines..they did very little. I found as i got older though, my acne has gotten quite a bit better than it was, due to diet changes and less stress etc, though nothing has helped my back or chest at all. Recently i had tried my own BP treatment regime, which cleared me up to 100%..it was the best year of my life, no worrying about anything. here's a pic (i'm the dude in ze middle, with my lovely housemates)

http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=n...67074254qz0.jpg

..this is considering i was called pizza face and every name under the sun in my teenage life..i now had better skin than everyone else i knew, literally. ..but, it all came crashing down- i got sunburn a few too many times over the summer, and one stupid time i applied my bp and stuff on sunburnt skin..and woh woh woh, biggest mistake of my life..it left me with a few shallow scars, nothing big..but my face must've been like DANGER DANGER! and it now no longer tolerates the bp and salicylic acid, so i can't use them to much effect anymore..:[ i knew i would have had to go on accutane at some point, as there was no way i was applying bp to my entire back, so this is my oppertunity!

I went to see my derm, and withing 5 minutes i was given a perscription for accutane- 35MG a day. Got my bloodtest stuff back- all fine..so i've now started on the dreaded tane! I'm currently on >>>> DAY 5 <<<<

..noticable side effects so far

headaches when i take the tablet, last upto several hours after

brief sharp pains in joints

..my lips have only just started to get dry..an theyre REAL dry, really need to get some lip balm..does anyone have reccommendations for someone in the UK? :)

my face also feels really tight and is started to get dry..same does anyone reccommend a moisturizer without SA?

..i'm also suffering with a bad initial breakout..this is the worst my face has been for a good few years- its not large acne that i have, moreso lots of smaller acne..so my face has erupted quite a bit, has also become somewhat red..boo hiss.

So yeah, im wishing the days away so i can get out of this IB- my face really isn't that bad at all normally thesedays..even if i get drunk and don't bother washing it out of lazyness :D i'm not going to drink while i take the tane- but i still get anxiety quite a lot (loss of breath etc) due to my mind not being adjusted to my skin being better- i can't seem to cure it :/ so i usually have a few drinks before i go out to settle myself, so does anyone know whether smoking weed can be harmfull to you while on accutane? i don't really see why but maybe there's some people in the knoow! cuz i'm yearning a nice phatty.

thanks for reading, updates when there's noticable changes, untill then- it's hideout time!! please may my IB get better soon ; (

adamski

Hey I started just 3 days before you. I havent had any major side effects yet but Im preparing myself hehe. I hope your initial breakout goes away soon!

im starting tomorrow at 20mg...i use to have 100% clear skin and then the past 6 months...my skin decided not to like me...so i'm gonna be on sotret..and i totally feel ya on the hiding out...ugh...good luck!

yo i started today!

where abouts are you in the uk?

for lip balm i suggest god ol' Vaseline green-tin. but try not to get it on anything other than your lips, some people reported it messed their skin up?

or you can get blistex intensive moistureiser, good stuff! odd to wear though, comes out of the tube like toothpase, but feels like water when you put it on!

both of the above are available at boots.

if you need an all over face moistureiser without S.A get "boots aqueous cream" well good stuff, cheap too.

hope this helps

hello!

small update

>>>>>> DAY 9 <<<<<<<

my eyes are very sore atm, they sting a bit =[ my skins also becoming quite red..and dry. the initial ib seems to be wearing off, still quite bad though.

can anyone reccomend some eye drops?

to george hudd >> i live in kingston surrey! where abouts are you mate?

thats me over and out, nothing much to report

adamski xx

hello!

small update

>>>>>> DAY 9 <<<<<<<

my eyes are very sore atm, they sting a bit =[ my skins also becoming quite red..and dry. the initial ib seems to be wearing off, still quite bad though.

can anyone reccomend some eye drops?

to george hudd >> i live in kingston surrey! where abouts are you mate?

thats me over and out, nothing much to report

adamski xx

Hello :] this is a megaaaaa update! i was kind of into updating often, but my ISP has been 'broken' ..i can't post on secure websites (email, forums) for some reason and i don't know how to fix it, so i am posting this from an internet caffee!

>>>> DAY 31 <<<<<<<<

I went to get my bloodtest results about an hour ago- they couldn't have been better! my liver function is perfect! wahey.

to sum up, right now i have like one tiny spot on my face, it appeared yesterday..its almost none existent today. my back/shoulders are 75% clearer, which is, as my family put it when i showed them, simply 'a miracle' ..my chest is 90% clearer. im so happy with the results!! its so amazing.

i havn't had one nose bleed

my headaches completely stopped after 2 weeks

my initial breakout ended after two weeks

my eyes were insanely sore for ther first 3 weeks, i couldnt really go out it was like i were crying..theyre perfectly fine now :)

the only noticable effect is that my joints feel achier than normal- but it hasn't hindered me at all..ive been out almost everyday for the last two weeks...mostly due to the fact im waking up, seeing myself and thinking that yeah i look 'good' today, its so good to be able to book something up, and not dread how my skin will be that day. it's goodtimes :] i didn't drink the first 3 weeks, but the last week ive partied that much more, and im perfectly fine (had 8 pints and a few shots friday out clubbing) so that hysteria is gone for me now.

any questions?

hope those of you who replied in this thread the best of luck, hope you're doing good

adamski x

Hello :] this is a megaaaaa update! i was kind of into updating often, but my ISP has been 'broken' ..i can't post on secure websites (email, forums) for some reason and i don't know how to fix it, so i am posting this from an internet caffee!

>>>> DAY 31 <<<<<<<<

I went to get my bloodtest results about an hour ago- they couldn't have been better! my liver function is perfect! wahey.

to sum up, right now i have like one tiny spot on my face, it appeared yesterday..its almost none existent today. my back/shoulders are 75% clearer, which is, as my family put it when i showed them, simply 'a miracle' ..my chest is 90% clearer. im so happy with the results!! its so amazing.

i havn't had one nose bleed

my headaches completely stopped after 2 weeks

my initial breakout ended after two weeks

my eyes were insanely sore for ther first 3 weeks, i couldnt really go out it was like i were crying..theyre perfectly fine now :)

the only noticable effect is that my joints feel achier than normal- but it hasn't hindered me at all..ive been out almost everyday for the last two weeks...mostly due to the fact im waking up, seeing myself and thinking that yeah i look 'good' today, its so good to be able to book something up, and not dread how my skin will be that day. it's goodtimes :] i didn't drink the first 3 weeks, but the last week ive partied that much more, and im perfectly fine (had 8 pints and a few shots friday out clubbing) so that hysteria is gone for me now.

any questions?

hope those of you who replied in this thread the best of luck, hope you're doing good

adamski x