Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
..ifonlyihadonewish..

dans regimen but with different products

hey,im female,17 years old with mild/moderate acne mostly around my lower face area and was thinkking about doin dans regimen but with some different products,i have heard aloe vera is good for the skin so was thinkin bout using the body shops aloe vera cleanser,toner and spf moisturizer and the panoxyl aquagel BP 2.5%. has anyone else in the uk tried any of these products and had success?? or any other suggestions as to what to use??

thankies! :D

the cleanser and toner seem OK, but the panoxyl will eat your face.

Panoxyl is the worst BP (in my opinion), even at 2.5%.

I would suggest using a prescription BP (like Duac Gel, which is 5% BP and 1% clindamycin) even at 5%, for some reason it doesnt really dry the skin, and was really good when i used it, but BP didnt agree with me, so i switched to differin.

also, you could use Differin (0.1% adapelene) which is really good. For a year it cleared me up, and was exceptional. But 3 weeks ago i switched to finacea, as my skin became red from what i thought was the diffeirn, but i now know it wasnt.

Im back on Differin as of tonight, you;ll probs have better results with differin.

good luck, and ask any more questions if u need :)

Im in the same position as you ! Im 17 with mild/moderate acne.

I use Duac Daily cream as prescribed from the doctors. Ive been using that for 3 years or so. Things definatly cleared up, its a long term thing you need to be patient. I also got prescribed hormonal tablets to go with it. Its best to see your doctor if you havent already :)

I now use a blemish fash wash from boots, that has been working very well !! Just keeps the pores clear.

Im not an expert obviously, but, Ive had my fair share of acne and I know its difficult. The key is to be patient, and forget you have it !

Best wishes

xo

hey,im female,17 years old with mild/moderate acne mostly around my lower face area and was thinkking about doin dans regimen but with some different products,i have heard aloe vera is good for the skin so was thinkin bout using the body shops aloe vera cleanser,toner and spf moisturizer and the panoxyl aquagel BP 2.5%. has anyone else in the uk tried any of these products and had success?? or any other suggestions as to what to use??

thankies! :D

Panoxyl is the worst b.p product ever invented. I have been on the regimen about 5 years now and I have tried every b.p product out there and that was by far the worst.

For the u.k oxy on the spot is the best one. Its a little exspensive and runs out quickly but it does the best job

My second fave would Quinoderm. This only comes in 5% and 10%. The 5% is fine for the regimen. It's a little on the thick side and it can sting sometimes but it is a bigger tube and more cost effective than oxy.

But the b.p gel on this site is without a doubt the best b.p product i have ever tried and for me is more cost effective even with the shipping charges because it last a lot longer.

I use the Panoxyl aquagel. I find my skin has got used to it. At first it made my skin very red but 18 months on I find it is generally ok. My chin and cheeks get a bit red sometimes. I used Quinoderm but it left my skin feeling really oily and coated in stuff. I haven't tried the Oxy mainly because it is such a small tube and I can't imagine it lasting for long.