Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
..ifonlyihadonewish..

which order do i use all these products?!

ok,so ive reading alot about different masks and solutions that can help with redmarks but i dont know which order to use them in, im currently using dan regimen (cleanse,BP,moisturize) but i wanted to add in the aspirin mask and the ACV but i dont know where to put these into the regimen or do i replace the cleanser with one of the masks? also does the asprin mask and the ACV really work? i thought i would give it a shot as i have nothing to lose apart from red marks! lol

thanks everyone! :D

First off, do not to the aspirin mask while using BP. The active ingredient in the aspirin is Salicyclic acid and that counter acts the BP. More or less they just cancel each other out. If you want to exfoliate I suggest mixing a small level teaspoon of baking soda with about a tablespoon or so of honey. Scrub that around for a minute once or twice a week.

If you're addicted to using masks (like I am) just keep it simple and use honey. Some say raw honey is best, some say use something called Mankua honey but, I just use what I have in the house. About a tablespoon spread on your face for about an hour will moisturize your skin and remove some dead skin. I do this whenever my skin needs a pick me up, so once to twice a week.

For the toner I just use lemon juice and water, about a 50/50 mix. I find it's easier and cheaper to get a hold of and not to mention smells better. ACV smells vile.

So here's my regimen, morning and night:

-Wash with DKR cleanser

-Wait 5-10mins (or until face begins to feel tight, but 5 minutes minimum)

-Take flat cotton pad (the kind that comes in the tubes) and add enough lemon juice solution to wet half of the pad (around 10 drops but it doesn't have to be precise)

-Wipe it all over your face until its wet again and then slowly buff the pad around your face, avoiding the eye area. (The buffing is optional but on Dan's regimen you can get a lot of dead skin on your face really fast and it's really important to remove it.)

- Dry for 10 mins

-Apply BP as normal

-Wait minimum of 10 mins (when I can I do about 20-30mins) and apply moisturizer as normal

This may seem like a long time but just do other stuff. Brush your hair, pick out your clothes, drink some water, change CDs, seriously, the time goes by really fast.

I have a billion other suggestions but I don't want you to overload while using the DKR. I don't know how long you've been on it but you need to keep it simple for the first 2 or 3 months.

Hope this helps and good luck.

First off, do not to the aspirin mask while using BP. The active ingredient in the aspirin is Salicyclic acid and that counter acts the BP. More or less they just cancel each other out. If you want to exfoliate I suggest mixing a small level teaspoon of baking soda with about a tablespoon or so of honey. Scrub that around for a minute once or twice a week.

If you're addicted to using masks (like I am) just keep it simple and use honey. Some say raw honey is best, some say use something called Mankua honey but, I just use what I have in the house. About a tablespoon spread on your face for about an hour will moisturize your skin and remove some dead skin. I do this whenever my skin needs a pick me up, so once to twice a week.

For the toner I just use lemon juice and water, about a 50/50 mix. I find it's easier and cheaper to get a hold of and not to mention smells better. ACV smells vile.

So here's my regimen, morning and night:

-Wash with DKR cleanser

-Wait 5-10mins (or until face begins to feel tight, but 5 minutes minimum)

-Take flat cotton pad (the kind that comes in the tubes) and add enough lemon juice solution to wet half of the pad (around 10 drops but it doesn't have to be precise)

-Wipe it all over your face until its wet again and then slowly buff the pad around your face, avoiding the eye area. (The buffing is optional but on Dan's regimen you can get a lot of dead skin on your face really fast and it's really important to remove it.)

- Dry for 10 mins

-Apply BP as normal

-Wait minimum of 10 mins (when I can I do about 20-30mins) and apply moisturizer as normal

This may seem like a long time but just do other stuff. Brush your hair, pick out your clothes, drink some water, change CDs, seriously, the time goes by really fast.

I have a billion other suggestions but I don't want you to overload while using the DKR. I don't know how long you've been on it but you need to keep it simple for the first 2 or 3 months.

Hope this helps and good luck.

hey! thanks so much for your reply! :D it helped a lot, just one question though, do you have to wash the lemonjuice/hotwater off before you apply the BP? or do you just let it absorb into the skin?

thanks again!

Just let it absorb into the skin. It doesn't take long but your skin can be a little dry the first week or two using it. Also I had these really small zits that looked like blisters and just had clear oil in them when I first started using the lemon juice. Don't worry this goes away after 2 weeks.

If you have sensitive skin start with the lemon juice just once a day then after a few weeks bump it up to twice a day.

Just let it absorb into the skin. It doesn't take long but your skin can be a little dry the first week or two using it. Also I had these really small zits that looked like blisters and just had clear oil in them when I first started using the lemon juice. Don't worry this goes away after 2 weeks.

If you have sensitive skin start with the lemon juice just once a day then after a few weeks bump it up to twice a day.

ok thanks very much for your advice!

just hope it works :D