Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest ptunya127

Serious nightime nose dryness/pain

Guest ptunya127

My nose is SO dry it hurts, especially at night - what can I do?

I have a humidifyer but it's not helping enough. I use saline spray too but it dries up after a few minutes and I'm still awake. I drink way more than the reccomended 8 cups of water each day. What else can you do for this? Any products out there that'll help??

I can handle it during the day, but at night it's excruciating and keeps me awake. I don't know how to describe the pain, but I'm sure some of you will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Hey, sorry to hear about your nose. I have had the same problem but my nose hurts and is dry during the day. I have a humidifier but it doesn't help much either. I have found that putting vaseline on a qtip and rubbing that in your nose really helps. My nose doesn't hurt and is not dry. Hope this helps. Good luck

Guest ptunya127

I'm going to try that! The dryness goes pretty far back into my sinuses, I'll have to be careful not to get vaseline on my brain...lol. :P

Thank you!!

I was on Accutane for a long time, and it dried out my nose really bad too, caused nose bleeds.

My derm also told me to take some Vasoline on the tip of my finger and rub it around inside my nose. I know it sounds weird, and feel weird too, but it will definitely take care of the problem.

Best wishes

I'm one week post-tane, I haven't put stuff into my nose to sooth it for a few days now... also no bloody stuff when I blow my nose either..I am so so so happy...before that, I have to put stuff in my nose few times a day...I tried the Ayr saline spray, Ayr saline nasal gel(with aloe vera), and Vaseline...the best one is Ayr saline nasal gel....the spray really doesn't do anything at all, waste of money....the Vaseline..I don't know how to describe it.I used it a few weeks, I had the most nose bleed when I used it...even I put a lot of it in(with Q-tips), I still can feel the dryness is there..the tension, the tightness..The only thing works for me is Ayr saline nasal gel, that one actually SOOTH the dryness inside the nose, you can feel a little bit stink when u just apply it if there are open wound, the effect last a few hours, then you have to re-apply again..anyway, that's just my personal experience, I hope that helps~~ Try the vaseline first, it is cheaper and works for a lot of people..if not.. try the Ayr saline nasal gel..

Guest ptunya127

I picked up some vaseline and an extra humidifyer to put by my bed today. I've got my fingers crossed that tonight will be less painful.

I'll get some of that Ayr gel stuff tomorrow if this doesn't do it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Guest ptunya127

Update: I LOVE my new humidifyer! I want to marry it and make 1,000,000 humidifyer babies.

It's a warm mist one - the other one is cool mist, which I'm now thinking wasn't really working at all. After having the new one on for 5 minutes I could feel a difference in the air. I let it run for another few hours and my bedroom was like the bathroom after a quick shower. Humid but not quite fogging anything up. I got a good, comfortable night's sleep for the first time in forever.

A few down sides:

I'm pretty sure that keeping my bedroom at near-jungle-like might cause mold problems.

&

It's really loud. I can handle it, but now my husband is having trouble sleeping!

I couldn't bring myself to stick vaseline up my nose last night, but luckily I ended up not needing it. If my walls start to turn funky colors from the high humidity I'll have to give it a try...lol. :P