Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have trained through 2 accutane courses and still train now while microdosing. Joe max gives some good advice.....listen to your body. You will probably require more recovery so don't go hammering yourself every day. Make sure you get plent of water also. Go easy on the protein as your organs are already working overtime to deal with the tane. A lot of supplements also contain vit A so be careful of that one. Cod liver oil for example.

I disagree with the "Go easy on the protein" statement.

When the Homo Sapiens-Sapiens evolved agriculture hadn't been invented so the majority of people's diets consisted of meat, fruit and nuts (hunter-gatherer). Your tribe killed a half dozen deer? You ate nothing but meat for a week. They brought down a wooly mammoth? Lucky you, you ate mammoth steaks until the food was gone.

People have evolved to tolerate high protein, high fat diets. The recent (last 5000 years) introduction of high carb diets (farming of grains) and milling of bread has actually put food into our diets that we aren't actually all that good at processing.

Nobody needs to worry about a high protein diet. I've eaten 250-300g of protein per day for the last 2.5 years and I'm much healthier than the average person. My organs are working at full capacity, my testosterone production is on the high side of the normal range and I feel good, every day.

The high protein myth is wrong. Your body CAN tolerate it, and not only that... your body thrives on a high protein diet.

I too was wondering about this...

I quit working out altogether before starting my course, but am now thinking about jogging a few miles a day. (I'm 2 months in)

Wouldn't the increased oxygen (from aerobic exercise) help an accutane-battered face heal better? I've also wondered if it would help 'loosen' the comedone plugs that are taking forever to come to the surface...

On the other hand, does all the sweating clog pores?

I too was wondering about this...

I quit working out altogether before starting my course, but am now thinking about jogging a few miles a day. (I'm 2 months in)

Wouldn't the increased oxygen (from aerobic exercise) help an accutane-battered face heal better? I've also wondered if it would help 'loosen' the comedone plugs that are taking forever to come to the surface...

On the other hand, does all the sweating clog pores?

No mercy, are you sure that those studies are made on people while taking accutane? Seems more like regular acne info to me...

Never heard such a thing as high quantities protein stressing your body, and certainly not your liver (MAYBE your GI system...) The problem with protein supplements is that a lot of them (like Muscle Milk) have Vitamin A supplements, so just look for one that doesn't (any 100% whey one should be fine.)

There is a whole debate as to how much more protein you require when strength training but taking that aside the advice ranges greatly from about 1.2 to 2g per kg body weight. Also it is worth bearing in mind how much protein that can be absorbed in one serving and also per hour. Old figures used to be about 7g per hour for this. If your intake is 300gms then at best you are probably wasting your money and at worst may be overstressing your kindeys.

by working out you damage your muscles and that can cause a rise in your liver enzymes. happened to me and i had to go off of accutane for awhile. i wouldnt say dont work out, but dont try for major gains. try to keep what you have by working out moderately. if you dont work out you will lose some strength but strength lost is EASILY gained back.

just a little fact: 4 weeks of muscle inactivity will decrease strength by 17%.

so work out just take it easy and dont spend 4 hours like some douche bags

No Mercy, this is during accutane treatment, and that info have nothing to do with how the meds work.

Vitamine A we all know, but high protein = bullshit.