Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kayteedid

I need a great concealer...

Thanks VPM, if this fails I'll remember to check out Lumiere.

I've placed my order - the free shipping takes about 10 days. I'll let you all know if it turns out to be any good for me. Fingers are sooo crossed. :) I'm so excited.

on the topic of concealers....(since I'm always in search of the end all of concealers)...I found this on Sephora website. Looks like its almost brand new. Has anyone heard of it? The ingredients look pretty awesome..but it unfortunately only comes in two shades. Just thought I would put it out there...

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtm...;categoryId=A47

Makeup alley has good reviews on that Revlon concealer and makeup, and it actually has a light yellow shade! Now you got me all excited, but amazon says its out of the concealer. Hmmm, maybe I'll check the prices at Rite Aid....

Thanks for letting us know, LM!

I think I'm going to try either going without, :ninja: or just using my EM concealer. I need to save a buck where ever I can right now.

I like the lotion idea, haven't tried that yet. I had issues with it settling into fine lines. I have to go out tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. Lot's of good ideas in here. If I can't make EM work, I may just give in and try revlon finally.

I just bit the bullet, & ordered two Jane Iredale products...Damn, stuff is expensive, but the ingredients look just great. I bought amazing matte finish loose powder, & the disappear concealer in light shade.

I'm also currently experimenting with using EDM concealer mixed with my sunscreen instead of moisturizer.

I'll be honest, I'm afraid of drugstore brands due to so many past bad experiences and breakouts. But, that doesn't mean anyone else should be.. I think it's a shame. :(

Sarah0926 - that does look interesting. If anyone tries that 'nvey' concealer let us know what you think. It looks promising (my skin loves Castor oil).

I ordered the LUMIERE healing mineral concealer trio and I have been using it for a few days. I really like it so far. It worked pretty well with just my primer (Shu Uemura Under Base) and a bit of mineral powder on top. I probably don't need the powder but it covers the red marks a bit more. The yellow color is really nice for my skin, it is a tiny bit lighter than my skin, but it works well that way to cover darker spots.

I like that the 3 colors are easily mixed. I think it is really designed for medium skin tones.

If you are fair or med-dark or darker it won't work for you. I don't know if it would be too light for me in the summer. I might just use more of the darkest 1/3 then, we'll see.

I can't tell if it is healing or not yet, but my skin has been pretty good about healing spots the last few days so it could be a factor. I'll keep you updated.

Sarah0926 - that does look interesting. If anyone tries that 'nvey' concealer let us know what you think. It looks promising (my skin loves Castor oil).

I ordered the LUMIERE healing mineral concealer trio and I have been using it for a few days. I really like it so far. It worked pretty well with just my primer (Shu Uemura Under Base) and a bit of mineral powder on top. I probably don't need the powder but it covers the red marks a bit more. The yellow color is really nice for my skin, it is a tiny bit lighter than my skin, but it works well that way to cover darker spots.

I like that the 3 colors are easily mixed. I think it is really designed for medium skin tones.

If you are fair or med-dark or darker it won't work for you. I don't know if it would be too light for me in the summer. I might just use more of the darkest 1/3 then, we'll see.

I can't tell if it is healing or not yet, but my skin has been pretty good about healing spots the last few days so it could be a factor. I'll keep you updated.

Just an update. My Revlon has arrived, but I can't do a good test on it. I'm so very bummed. I've been more sensitive this last week to products - and reacted to a new conditioner I was trying out - got a couple hives. At least I think it was the conditioner, because after I stopped using it, I no longer got hives later in the night. I waited a few more days to make sure I was hive free before testing the Revlon. Did a patch test on the inside of my wrist today. The smell is a little fragrant - I wasn't wild about that. But, what shocked me was, I couldn't SEE the liquid makeup on my inside wrist and back of my hand after I rubbed it in. Nada. Zip. Then I tried the concealer on some blue-green veins on the inside of my other wrist - and it only smeared me yellow rather than covering anything. When I tried to wash it all off later, the concealer wouldn't dissolve in my baby wash. I had to rub it off with a towel. Maybe it needs a remover, or stronger cleanser? Anyway - I tried it on my jaw and chin tonight when getting ready for bed - but couldn't actually SEE the makeup! (Didn't try to concealer). Decided to wash it off and try again tomorrow. BUT - I won't be testing further because I started getting a red blotch on my upper lip which usually comes as a hive wants to form. (I'd just taken my allergy med so I think it couldn't get too far). I'm too chicken to test it again. Sorry I can't give a more thorough review. I really REALLY wanted to like it. But I'll stay with EM since it doesn't make me react one tiny bit. I just was hoping for a less made-up coverage like a tinted moisturizer - but I'm not brave enough to keep testing. :( I've been feeling ill since late last week - so this might not be Revlon's fault - just FYI.

Just an update. My Revlon has arrived, but I can't do a good test on it. I'm so very bummed. I've been more sensitive this last week to products - and reacted to a new conditioner I was trying out - got a couple hives. At least I think it was the conditioner, because after I stopped using it, I no longer got hives later in the night. I waited a few more days to make sure I was hive free before testing the Revlon. Did a patch test on the inside of my wrist today. The smell is a little fragrant - I wasn't wild about that. But, what shocked me was, I couldn't SEE the liquid makeup on my inside wrist and back of my hand after I rubbed it in. Nada. Zip. Then I tried the concealer on some blue-green veins on the inside of my other wrist - and it only smeared me yellow rather than covering anything. When I tried to wash it all off later, the concealer wouldn't dissolve in my baby wash. I had to rub it off with a towel. Maybe it needs a remover, or stronger cleanser? Anyway - I tried it on my jaw and chin tonight when getting ready for bed - but couldn't actually SEE the makeup! (Didn't try to concealer). Decided to wash it off and try again tomorrow. BUT - I won't be testing further because I started getting a red blotch on my upper lip which usually comes as a hive wants to form. (I'd just taken my allergy med so I think it couldn't get too far). I'm too chicken to test it again. Sorry I can't give a more thorough review. I really REALLY wanted to like it. But I'll stay with EM since it doesn't make me react one tiny bit. I just was hoping for a less made-up coverage like a tinted moisturizer - but I'm not brave enough to keep testing. :( I've been feeling ill since late last week - so this might not be Revlon's fault - just FYI.

Kaytee - are you using it dry or are you mixing it with your lotion for a tinted look? I just looked at their site and admit it is interesting. I had bad luck with their company long ago - but even so, I'm tempted - especially by their Simple Radiance line ... I wonder if I should ... or not. ..

Update

I had good luck with Jane Iredale recently, but her mineral makeup contains the dreaded bismuth oxychloride. I'm using Disappear Concealer, & the Amazing Matte Loose Finish powder, works well, looks good, but the stuff is too expensive! :(

Someone in here left a post about Covergirls Fresh Look Pressed Powder. I bought some because I need something handy for a quick touch up here and there..I think I might buy this again.

I still want to find a cheap drugstore brand stick concealer that won't break me out.

Update

I had good luck with Jane Iredale recently, but her mineral makeup contains the dreaded bismuth oxychloride. I'm using Disappear Concealer, & the Amazing Matte Loose Finish powder, works well, looks good, but the stuff is too expensive! :(

Someone in here left a post about Covergirls Fresh Look Pressed Powder. I bought some because I need something handy for a quick touch up here and there..I think I might buy this again.

I still want to find a cheap drugstore brand stick concealer that won't break me out.

Kaytee - are you using it dry or are you mixing it with your lotion for a tinted look? I just looked at their site and admit it is interesting. I had bad luck with their company long ago - but even so, I'm tempted - especially by their Simple Radiance line ... I wonder if I should ... or not. ..

Thanks for the info Kaytee. I've decided I'm not going to try any new makeup for a while. I'm on a mission to try the over the counter retinol resQ from Alpha Hydrox first - I want to see if I can fix the last remaining ancient pink color and slight texture on my skin - and maybe - just maybe I'll get lucky enough to not need makeup on anything except my eyes. We'll see if I can do this.

Thanks for the info Kaytee. I've decided I'm not going to try any new makeup for a while. I'm on a mission to try the over the counter retinol resQ from Alpha Hydrox first - I want to see if I can fix the last remaining ancient pink color and slight texture on my skin - and maybe - just maybe I'll get lucky enough to not need makeup on anything except my eyes. We'll see if I can do this.

Update

the maybelline concealor stick is awesome!! the coverae is good and it doesnt break me out at all...i have it in flesh color as well as green color..