Today:

B: honey and oat cluster cereal with rice milk and some blackberries

40 min on the treadmill (1 liter water)

glass diluted tangerine juice with 1 scoop amazing grass green superfood

handfull sprouted pumpkin seeds

L: salmon cake with sauce, bowl minestrone soup

snack: green apple with sun butter

2 gherkins

D: chicken baked with tomato sauce eggplant and red peppers over spinach and tomato pasta

handfull strawberries

Today:

B: multigrain pancakes with vegan chocolate chips cooked in cultured butter

glass diluted tangerine juice with 1 scoop supergreen food.

snack: large handfull blackberries

L: tuna salad (tuna with soy mayo and chopped celery)

snack: 4 organic fig newton like cookies

snack: raw broccoli

snack: honey wheat pretzel sticks (too many :))

D: small bowl minestrone soup, leftover baked chicken with tomato sauce, eggplant and red pepper over spinach and tomato pasta

handfull strawberries, hanfull pumpkin seeds (raw, sprouted)

B: multigrain pancakes with vegan chocolate chips cooked in cultured butter

glass diluted tangerine juice with 1 scoop amazing grass green superfood

hanfull pumpkin seeds, green apple

L: sunbutter and blueberry jam sandwich on five seed multigrain bread, bowl minestrone soup

cup french vanilla decaf coffee with vanilla soy milk and stevia

hanfull pumpkin seeds

D: leftover baked chicken with tomato sauce eggplant red pepper over spinach and tomato pasta

a few small ginger cookies

cup peppermint tea with lemon

skin today: looks pretty good (not perfect)..chin is healing well, only one really stubborn spot.

Today:

B: 2 omega 3 eggs cooked in olive oil, 1 piece five seed multigrain bread toasted with cultured butter

1.5 cups rice milk blended with 1/2 banana and 1 scoop amazing grass green superfood

L: spinach wrap with roasted veggies and hummus

homemade green tea latte: 1 cup rice milk, matcha green tea bag, 1 tspn raw honey

baby carrots with sunbutter

green apple

handfull onion and flax multigrain chips

handfull vegan chocolate chips

D: teriyaki tofu with asparagus and 1/2 sweet potato

cup red roobios tea

OK I'm trying a fresh approach, just the bare minimum of supplements, lots of fruits and veggies, minimal "bad stuff" but absolutely no milk, cheese or nuts, exercise and most importantly NO MORE OBSESSING about my skin!!!

Here is what I'm going to be taking for supplements:

morning: 1 probiotic, 1 vitex, 1 zinc w. copper

1 scoop amazing grass green superfood.

*I think I will add fish oil once my budget allows for it :)

And that's it! only 3 pills per day! yay!

today my skin is doing pretty well, with only a few spots. I beleive that the new toner I've been using (country rose morning dew toner from apothena.com) is too harsh on my skin so I"m going to stop using it. I LOVE wild sage rose hazel toner but I have the experimenting bug :) I'll go back to the wild sage when I place my next order. Until then I think I'll try roobios tea as a toner. Also I think that the talulah cleanser I've been using is ok, and good in that it definitely removes all of my makeup. I might try botanical works oat cleanser next time I order though.

ANyway here is my current topical routine:

morning and evening: cleanse with talulah geranium sap cleanser (once in a while i use country rose soap rose petal scrub instead, but no more than 1 or 2 times per week) (decent, but might switch to botanical skin works oat cleanser)

tone: for now I will be using roobios tea toner (I will probably reorder wild sage rose hazel toner unless the roobios is really great!)

spot treat: wild sage clear skin stick

moisturize: wild sage rose lavender moisturizer

1-2 x per week, wild sage honey papaya mask (I LOVE this mask....I think a good quality honey maybe mixed with egg or something would be almost as good though)

ok most importantly I need to make a commitment to stop stressing out about my skin and to stop touching, picking, and squeezing.

B: 2 omega 3 eggs cooked in olive oil, 1 slice five seed multigrain bread with cultured butter, glass diluted oj with 1 scoop amazing grass green superfood.

edit: I think that I should try cutting out butter. It's the only dairy I Still have and I notice that it seems to make me stuffy right after eating it, even in small quantities (which is the same effect milk has on me) I think I must be extremely sensitive to dairy.

OK I'm trying a fresh approach, just the bare minimum of supplements, lots of fruits and veggies, minimal "bad stuff" but absolutely no milk, cheese or nuts, exercise and most importantly NO MORE OBSESSING about my skin!!!

Hey Bran88, I just started oral antibiotics and think I should take a probiotic. What kind do you take?

Did you stop taking the DIM? Why?

well my blood test results suggest that I'm in perfect health...why have I been feeling so bad then? :( I guess I haven't been getting as much sleep as I should, I kind of got carried away when I was feeling so energetic and decided that I really only needed 6 hours per night...wrong!

I'm starting fresh, no strange supplements, in fact I'm only taking a probiotic and vitex. I'm eating lots of fruits and veggies, lean meats nuts and seeds so hopefully I'll get everything else I need that way. I'm still planning to avoid dairy as much as I possible, and to avoid going crazy with the refined sugars and carbs, and getting plenty of sleep but that's about it. Nothing complicated! wish me luck

well my blood test results suggest that I'm in perfect health...why have I been feeling so bad then? :( I guess I haven't been getting as much sleep as I should, I kind of got carried away when I was feeling so energetic and decided that I really only needed 6 hours per night...wrong!

I'm starting fresh, no strange supplements, in fact I'm only taking a probiotic and vitex. I'm eating lots of fruits and veggies, lean meats nuts and seeds so hopefully I'll get everything else I need that way. I'm still planning to avoid dairy as much as I possible, and to avoid going crazy with the refined sugars and carbs, and getting plenty of sleep but that's about it. Nothing complicated! wish me luck

hmm i'm thinking I should cut out nuts again, and maybe even my sunbutter :( I wasn't eating any nuts before but lately I've been trying to gain some weight and they are the most convenient somewhat healthy food that is high in calories...i'm not sure that they're so good for my skin though :( I think seeds might be ok but all of that oil in the sun butter doesn't seem like such a good idea either...if anyone has good ideas for fattening foods that don't usually provoke acne I would be open to suggestions :) So far I've got avocados and rice on the list :) Maybe adding a fish oil supplement will make eating all those omega 6's in my sunbutter not so bad...I still think nuts are a trigger for me though.

oh also here is an update on my topical routine, which i'm liking (at least for the moment :))

morning and night:

wash face with talulah vanilla bean cleanser (has sugar and jasmine rice to exfoliate which i seem to need)

tone face with botanical skin works soothing oats toner

spot treat with 2.5% benzoyl peroxide if deemed necessary (I know I know, it's evil)

moisturize with a mixture of clinique oil in control moisturizer and aloe vera gel

1-3 times per week: honey papaya mask

today:

B: pear ginseng prana bar (has almonds and almond butter--might be a trigger) (approx 220 calories)

snack: 5-7 dried apricots (approx 160 calories)

lunch: 2 salmon cakes fried in olive oil (have bread crumbs and potatoes, no dairy), green beans and mushroom and barley soup (approx 320 calories)

corn tortilla chips with guacamole (approx 400 calories)

green tea latte (1.5 cups vanilla soy milk, 2 matcha green tea bags) (approx 180 calories)

2 oatmeal raisin cookies, vegan (approx 260)

skin situation: cheeks and chin are behaving pretty well, but not perfect down by the jawline. my forehead is not doing great :( I have 2 under the skin types and one big one in the middle of my eyebrows. I'm expecting my period within the next week, so if this is the pre-period breakout then it's not too bad. We'll see, it might just be the "you've been eating almonds, cashews and almond butter all week" breakout :)

OK, so I've been avoiding all dairy (to my knowledge), and I've been mostly avoiding all nuts (I did just buy some very yummy bread that has little walnut pieces in it, but it is very very little). I've also decided to avoid all non-organic meats (I always bought organic meat from the supermarket, but when I ate out I would often order meat dishes which I'm sure were not organic) I cut out vitex last thursday...I have no idea whether or not it was helping to balance my hormones or helping my acne...what I do know is that it was definitely effecting my cycle in kind of an odd way...anyway I'm now of the mindset that minimal supplements is the way to go. I just got my period yesterday which makes it a fairly normal 32 day cycle for me (sorry for all the info, but this is good record keeping for me)

skin status: my chin is doing remarkably well for this time of the month, cheeks are also pretty good, one medium pimple under my nose, 1 big one on my jawline but that's pretty much it for active stuff which isn't bad...my forehead on the other hand still stinks :( It's really odd because my forehead used to be the only good part of my face, now it's the worst part! it's not awful, but kind of bad.

I'm continuuing to take the probiotic, and just bought fish oil but haven't started taking it yet. I'm very nervous about adding a new supplement but fish oil seems like a solid choice. I think i'll give it a try. That's it for now...

OK, so I've been avoiding all dairy (to my knowledge), and I've been mostly avoiding all nuts (I did just buy some very yummy bread that has little walnut pieces in it, but it is very very little). I've also decided to avoid all non-organic meats (I always bought organic meat from the supermarket, but when I ate out I would often order meat dishes which I'm sure were not organic) I cut out vitex last thursday...I have no idea whether or not it was helping to balance my hormones or helping my acne...what I do know is that it was definitely effecting my cycle in kind of an odd way...anyway I'm now of the mindset that minimal supplements is the way to go. I just got my period yesterday which makes it a fairly normal 32 day cycle for me (sorry for all the info, but this is good record keeping for me)

skin status: my chin is doing remarkably well for this time of the month, cheeks are also pretty good, one medium pimple under my nose, 1 big one on my jawline but that's pretty much it for active stuff which isn't bad...my forehead on the other hand still stinks :( It's really odd because my forehead used to be the only good part of my face, now it's the worst part! it's not awful, but kind of bad.

I'm continuuing to take the probiotic, and just bought fish oil but haven't started taking it yet. I'm very nervous about adding a new supplement but fish oil seems like a solid choice. I think i'll give it a try. That's it for now...

Hi bran. I'm glad you're doing better. Don't worry about the forehead acne. It'll clear up soon enough. If you never get breakouts on your forehead and all of a sudden you have a bad breakout there, then you know for sure its whatever new product/medicine you added. I agree minimal supplements is good but I do recommend adding fish oil (the liquid kind). My skin has definitely been getting better since adding fish oil and cod liver oil.

Best of luck to you!

Hey bran,

What brand of fish oil are you using? The reason I recommended the liquid fish oil is because it's the purest form, with no fillers or added ingredients. Some of the pills have gelatin and other stuff that might not be good for acne.

Hey bran,

What brand of fish oil are you using? The reason I recommended the liquid fish oil is because it's the purest form, with no fillers or added ingredients. Some of the pills have gelatin and other stuff that might not be good for acne.

OK here's the update: I began taking fish oil pills a little less than 2 weeks ago...I noticed a few minor breakouts within the first 4 or 5 days but then at the 8 or 9 day mark I got a bad breakout on my left cheek. That was alarming because my left cheek has pretty much been clear since I went off dairy. I also noticed that despite my low dose (only 1 gram) and the fact that I was taking the fish oil with meals, I was getting bad fishy burps that would last for an hour or two after taking the pill....Anyway, I didn't take my dose last night and my skin looks a lot better today...it could just be a coincidence but I'm not going to take fish oil anymore and i'll see how it goes. In fact, you guys will think I'm crazy, but I think I'm going to try cutting out fish for the most part in general...I can't understand why fish oil would cause me to break out like that unless I'm just sensitive to fish! I never really ate any fish before this year, so I guess I wont miss it too much. So now I'm at No dairy, No nuts and NO fish. Let's see how that goes. I'm considering supplementing with flax again to get my omega 3's but for a week or so I'm just sticking with diet and my probiotic.

Hey, I've read many many times that the fishy burps from fish and/or cod liver oil means that it is rancid. Try doing a google search on that.

No matter what brand of fish oil, (even a well-known, reputable brand) fishy burps mean it is rancid which is obviously not going to help and could have caused your breakout.

I take Carlson's cod liver oil, and I have never had any problems with fishy burps.

OK here's the update: I began taking fish oil pills a little less than 2 weeks ago...I noticed a few minor breakouts within the first 4 or 5 days but then at the 8 or 9 day mark I got a bad breakout on my left cheek. That was alarming because my left cheek has pretty much been clear since I went off dairy. I also noticed that despite my low dose (only 1 gram) and the fact that I was taking the fish oil with meals, I was getting bad fishy burps that would last for an hour or two after taking the pill....Anyway, I didn't take my dose last night and my skin looks a lot better today...it could just be a coincidence but I'm not going to take fish oil anymore and i'll see how it goes. In fact, you guys will think I'm crazy, but I think I'm going to try cutting out fish for the most part in general...I can't understand why fish oil would cause me to break out like that unless I'm just sensitive to fish! I never really ate any fish before this year, so I guess I wont miss it too much. So now I'm at No dairy, No nuts and NO fish. Let's see how that goes. I'm considering supplementing with flax again to get my omega 3's but for a week or so I'm just sticking with diet and my probiotic.

Hey, I've read many many times that the fishy burps from fish and/or cod liver oil means that it is rancid. Try doing a google search on that.

No matter what brand of fish oil, (even a well-known, reputable brand) fishy burps mean it is rancid which is obviously not going to help and could have caused your breakout.

I take Carlson's cod liver oil, and I have never had any problems with fishy burps.