Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan

Small/Medium/Large should be out next week

WOAH! The BP gel doubled in price!!

I don't like the new packaging for the gel at all. The squeezable tube was far better and much cheaper!

Not so happy about these changes. I was getting ready to buy a new supply of gel but was totally NOT expecting that huge price increase. Now I'll have to hold off for a bit, and I'm getting low on supply as it is.

Dang it.

You guys, there really isn't a price hike, just a size change which resulted in new pricing.

Yes, there was a price hike . . . a HUGE one. The 8 oz. gel was only $8 something when I purchased a resupply only a few months ago. Now it's double that price. The packaging is also unsuitable, imo . . . the squeeze bottle was cheaper and a more efficient way to dispense the bp gel. I'm quite unhappy about those particular changes.

The bp has always been a 4oz. tube.

Now, it comes in an 8oz bottle., so the price is the same ounce per ounce, you're just getting twice as much now. It's like buying 2 tubes now, getting one 8oz. bottle. :)

Give the new bottles a try, I think you'll like them.

You guys, there really isn't a price hike, just a size change which resulted in new pricing.

Yes, there was a price hike . . . a HUGE one. The 8 oz. gel was only $8 something when I purchased a resupply only a few months ago. Now it's double that price. The packaging is also unsuitable, imo . . . the squeeze bottle was cheaper and a more efficient way to dispense the bp gel. I'm quite unhappy about those particular changes.

Well, maybe give them a try and see how it works out. ^ You never know, you may grow to love the easy dispensing of a pump. ;)

Thanks for all the feedback though, we love this sort of thing. :)

Thanks for all the feedback though, we love this sort of thing. :)

Okay - how about feedback on the smaller bottles then? Two of those equals 4 oz, for a total of $12 - a pretty significant price increase over the original 4 oz tubes. Why can the smaller bottles not be priced out to reflect a similar pricing scale that the 4 oz tubes were, rather than a $3-$4 price increase for pretty much the same volume as before? Or either bring back the original 4 oz size! :P

That's a good question. Let me see if Joel or Paul can pipe in here since I don't have specifics on the pricing of the little squeeze bottles. It may have to do with the little squeeze bottles being more expensive to produce/manufacture than the old tube was, even though the volume of gel inside is less. I'll ask the guys to take a look at this though and see what they say. okay?. :)

The old pricing was about $2 an ounce. I bought a 4oz tube right before the change and I'm glad I did. 4oz was $8.50. Right now we are actually saving $.05 by getting an 8oz tube, but I wouldn't mind paying the extra $.05 for the 4oz one.

The 2 oz bottles cost more per ounce than the original 4 oz tube because of the cost of filling a 2 oz tube vs. filling a 4 oz tube. That's why larger products are usually cheaper per unit of volume.

for the 8oz will the bottle be easy to cut in half? because in the 4oz i usually cut when its almost done and theres a lot left inside.

I don't know how easy it would be to cut the bottles in half, but here's what Dan told me when I asked about getting the last bit out of them. He said he made sure that the product would not stick to the sides of the bottles much. So, when you are close to the end, he said to take out the pump, give the bottle a few taps on the countertop, then replace the pump and it should be able to pick up the last little bit. :)

Hope that helps.

You guys really should bring back the 4oz tube. Why take away such a good thing?

BP really shouldn't be dispensed with a pump in my opinion.

im gonna miss the 4z tube as well, was really good for traveling.

but uhm, speaking of traveling, can the pump dispensers be "locked" or something so they dont leak in my bag?

Pumps can be locked. In fact, they probably come locked when you receive them. They have to be pushed down and turned (clockwise, i think). To prevent the BP coming out when pushing it down you might want to try locking it right after you use it...

im gonna miss the 4z tube as well, was really good for traveling.

but uhm, speaking of traveling, can the pump dispensers be "locked" or something so they dont leak in my bag?

You should be able to just turn the pump to lock it. I don't think that pressing it down is even necessary. I tried it with my blue bottle of cleanser and it just turns and locks. So no product is wasted.

I have to agree with some of you--I'm not happy about the 4 oz. tube being discontinued. I like that it's in a tube so I can put it in the drawer and I think it's the perfect size. I also liked the old design better--but I don't really care so much about the design.

Dan,

I'm new to The Regimen and I can tell you that I greatly appreciate the pump bottles! I ordered the three 8 oz. and was thrilled to see pumps on them due to arthritic-like fingers. Having squeeze bottles is not always the easiest for people who have medical conditions, while everyone can easily use the pump system. That's one of the reasons I bought your products was because of the good reviews and the pump system. Please keep everyone in mind when making packaging decisions and KEEP THE PUMP!

Has anyone found the pump dispenser to clog with dried BP? sometimes mine gets clogged, and I forcefully push down on it to clear it up, but that is a bit wasteful cos i get too much BP and end up throwing it out.

I haven't been using mine long but I love the pumps and I practically salivate at the thought of the whole blessed 8oz of BP. It hasn't clogged either.