Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brentkid

Life is a song - My Own Accutane Log

Hey man. I just wanted to let you know I'm still reading. Maybe I'll throw an update on my old blog about how I'm doing. It probably will be a pretty grim read so yeah...

Anyways, cheers mate.

Day 131

So it's been a while, sorry about that. Since I got out of school I've been pretty busy with just catching up with everyone and having a good time.

In terms of my skin, it's the best it's been in months. Marks seem to be fading by the week and I haven't had any actives in a long time. The closest thing to an active popped up on my left temple a few days ago as nothing more than a small, sore bump. It was gone in about two days without a mark. There were also two actives on my left shoulder but other than that, I'm absolutely clear. It feels really good, I can't complain. I've been laying in the sun every day that I can for maybe 15-20 minutes. I get just a tiny bit of color and it seems to be helping.

In terms of my life in general, I'm pretty happy. I saw Indiana Jones last night with one of my friends and had a good time. She gave me some outside opinions on my situation with my ex and I've decided that it's better for me to just simply move on. I also successfully transferred out of my school and into Lafayette College. I'm so happy - it's like living a dream. I've been going there with my father to football games since I was a baby and now I'm actually a student there.

I'm just so much more confident with myself. I know it's shallow in some ways and that I should have never worried about my acne, but I want to go out now. I want to be around people. I want to do all of these things that I would have ran and hid in my room from before.

I'll be more consistent with my updates since I'm about twenty days or so from my last derm appointment. He'll decide if I'm done or if I'll continue for one more month.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Pictures:

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/33/p1000170tw5.jpg

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3681/p1000169ig8.jpg

Sweet Brentkid.

do you have any messengers? We gotta keep in touch after you stop posting here.

Day 135

Nothing really to report but I figured I'd just get some pictures up.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7631/p1000172hp3.jpg

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3272/p1000173qq9.jpg

I don't know:

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/595/p1000176kj7.jpg

So there you have it - I'm about three and a half packets from probably finishing my course.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Day 144

I'm pretty awful with updates these days but it's mainly due to the fact that I have nothing to say. I haven't had a breakout in weeks and my marks are healing well. The only familiar thing is the dryness which isn't even that bad anymore.

Life in general has just been really nice lately. No stress, just relaxation. Sleeping as long as I want and stuffing my face with food on my own schedule, haha. I quit my job to free up some time considering I worked through my entire first year of college. I figured I deserved a break before going away for school this time.

Anyway, here are some pictures from this past weekend.

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/9884/p1000189hv1.jpg

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9537/p1000191mg3.jpg

Day 152

Hey all, sorry I'm late with the update this past weekend but nothing was really worth noting. I went to my derm yesterday and he decided to keep me on for one final month. His reasoning is he rather just knock this out once and for all rather than risk me possibly being on Accutane again. So in about a month I'll be done with my regimen.

I'll have pictures of next weekend. There's really no point in making up for this past weekend since virtually nothing has changed with my skin. The red marks re probably a little better but that's all.

Take care everyone.

Day 162

So yeah, nothing too exciting going on with the skin. Basically just going through the final days of it before I'm finished. Had one small whitehead show up on my shoulder but that's the closest to a break out that I've had in months. The dryness isn't too bad. The lips as usual and a little moisturizer around my mouth. I'm just enjoying my summer before it flies by.

I didn't think it was worth it to take pictures so I just took one on my laptop and attached it to this post. As you can see, no real marks on my face or anything.

Anyway, I hope everyone's summer is going great!

post-39238-1214680662_thumb.jpg

post-39238-1214680662_thumb.jpg

Thanks for posting about your experience on Accutane.

I am more than likely starting it next month. Reading your journal helped me to feel a bit better about going on it.

Good luck with everything!

Nali

Your skin looks fantastic!!

Thanks a lot. I'm really happy with my results. I'm just counting down the days until I'm finally finished and don't have to worry about taking two pills a day anymore. I'm over having dry lips after seven months haha.

Thanks for posting about your experience on Accutane.

I am more than likely starting it next month. Reading your journal helped me to feel a bit better about going on it.

Good luck with everything!

Nali

I'm glad my log was able to help you a bit. I'll be sure to keep this updated from time to time after I finish my course as most logs tend to just stop when the regimen is over. I'd like to help people get a better grasp of how things are after one finishes Accutane.

Best of luck to you!

Day 171

Hey everyone, just stopping by to say hello since I've been away for a little again.

As usual, no major changes with my skin. Just the usual dryness. I'm pretty sure I'm in my final two weeks of my regimen until I'm finally done. I'm honestly glad to be finishing my course. I don't think I can tolerate the side effects much longer. It's just a hassle to always be applying moisturizer on my face and lips. That and the occasional back aches that I get. Or even worrying about taking it before going out to drink some nights. I'm absolutely grateful for how much it's helped, I'm just ready to be done.

If I'm counting correctly, it's 16 days until I'm officially done. I'm really excited.

I hope everyone had a great fourth of July as well. Mine was pretty good.

See you all soon.

Day 186

So I've reach the end of this long road - today is my final day on Accutane. After months of making sure I took those little pills with some fatty foods, constantly drinking water and always making sure my skin was moisturized, I'm finished. My skin looks great - I can't wait to see how it heals up once the Accutane is out of my system in about a month.

It feels like I'm ending a chapter of my life. A chapter that has continued on since this past fall. It feels like I'm free finally. That part of my life isn't holding on to me desperately anymore.

Accutane truly does do wonders. I advise anyone who reads this log who may be hesitant to talk to their dermatologist and not fear taking it. It's definitely a responsibility but most people who suffer from acne take treatments seriously to begin with.

I will post soon again with pictures and what my dermatologist says when I see him in about a week.

Take care everyone.