Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brentkid

Life is a song - My Own Accutane Log

Wow, another Deathcab fan?

Transatlanticism is my favorite song by them.

Also, do you listen to The Postal Service? It is the singer from Deathcab's project... its pretty good, if you haven't heard them you should give them a listen.

Also, your skin seems much better... and after only two weeks! It was about six weeks before I noticed any significant progress. I'm nearing the end of my third month and I'm almost totally clear, looks like you'll be clear long before month three.

Wow, another Deathcab fan?

Transatlanticism is my favorite song by them.

Also, do you listen to The Postal Service? It is the singer from Deathcab's project... its pretty good, if you haven't heard them you should give them a listen.

Also, your skin seems much better... and after only two weeks! It was about six weeks before I noticed any significant progress. I'm nearing the end of my third month and I'm almost totally clear, looks like you'll be clear long before month three.

Day 18

So last night my oldest cat, Muff, died. I don't even know how hurt I am by it. I grew up with that cat since I was nine and now he's gone. I still remember the day we found him on my block as a stray; he was only a few weeks old. It's just hard. I thought that at my age the sting wouldn't hurt as much but that isn't true. It still hurts as much as it possibly could. Age can't soften the blow of much; surely not as much as I imagined. All I can say is that I'm glad he died with my family, not in some pet hospital. He won't be in pain anymore where he is now and knowing that I can rest a little easier.

As for my face, it's really not great. Yesterday was just a bad day in general. I'm pretty sure I had my IB. I had/have about eight active zits on my face. None of them huge but it's like they were in clusters. Three along my left jawline, one on my right jawline, two on my left temple and two more on my right temple. It doesn't look too bad considering I looked way worse maybe a month ago but hopefully it ends here and doesn't progress. Like I said, they aren't huge by any means, just a step backwards but if it's happening now I guess that means the medication is working.

Here's to hoping the week gets a little better.

Sorry about your cat dude.

I'm guessing from how your skin has been acting that accutane is going to affect you sort of like it does me and probably most people on accutane. I've technically been "breaking out" for my entire course, but then after the breakout I'll get better... and the breakouts get less and less severe.

It is a series of progressions and setbacks. For example, my skin was looking unbelievably good by day 12, then I broke out and it didn't look as good as it did on day 12 until somewhere in the 20's.

Day 28 I think I was looking way better than day 12, but then I broke out again... less severely and I was back to about how I looked on day 12. On day 40 something I was looking awesome, but then broke out and was back to how I was around day 28...

Etcetera. There are days, and sometimes weeks where my skin won't look as good as it did earlier... but overall its an upward motion. I looked at some pictures of my face before accutane and I had nearly 100 blemishes on my face and neck. Now I think I have 6.

By the way... do you happen to like Against Me!, Coheed and Cambria, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Thrice, and Say Anything?

Sorry about your cat dude.

I'm guessing from how your skin has been acting that accutane is going to affect you sort of like it does me and probably most people on accutane. I've technically been "breaking out" for my entire course, but then after the breakout I'll get better... and the breakouts get less and less severe.

It is a series of progressions and setbacks. For example, my skin was looking unbelievably good by day 12, then I broke out and it didn't look as good as it did on day 12 until somewhere in the 20's.

Day 28 I think I was looking way better than day 12, but then I broke out again... less severely and I was back to about how I looked on day 12. On day 40 something I was looking awesome, but then broke out and was back to how I was around day 28...

Etcetera. There are days, and sometimes weeks where my skin won't look as good as it did earlier... but overall its an upward motion. I looked at some pictures of my face before accutane and I had nearly 100 blemishes on my face and neck. Now I think I have 6.

By the way... do you happen to like Against Me!, Coheed and Cambria, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Thrice, and Say Anything?

Thanks man, appreciate it a lot.

It's comforting to hear about the forward motion with progress. It makes sense honestly. It's not that I figured I'd just never break out again but it's good to hear how the progression works more clearly. My skin is already looking better. I just hate having active stuff on my face. I can deal with marks, I just don't like feeling a little sore bump on my face.

By the way, the only band I don't listen to that you listed is Scary Kids Scaring Kids. I love the rest. I can't wait for Thrice's new album in April.

Thanks man, appreciate it a lot.

It's comforting to hear about the forward motion with progress. It makes sense honestly. It's not that I figured I'd just never break out again but it's good to hear how the progression works more clearly. My skin is already looking better. I just hate having active stuff on my face. I can deal with marks, I just don't like feeling a little sore bump on my face.

By the way, the only band I don't listen to that you listed is Scary Kids Scaring Kids. I love the rest. I can't wait for Thrice's new album in April.

You should check out Scary Kids Scaring Kids. They rock my socks off.

And I'm seeing Thrice, Say Anything and Attack In Black in six days. Jealous? Hah.

Day 19

Just one more day left in my second pack, and only a few days off from finishing my third week on Accutane. Time is going pretty fast; it doesn't seem nearly as long as it has been.

My face is beginning to calm down again after that mild breakout I had. The marks left behind aren't that bad and the cyst that was near my right temple is just about flat now, so it'll be a red mark soon enough. The dryness isn't too bad today. My lips were a little sore but last night but they're feeling better now. I've been doing my best to drink enough water each day so I'm hoping that it's helping keep my dryness at bay. I've also been making sure that I get enough sleep. To me that's at least eight hours a night, nine is even better. I'm just doing everything I can to allow my body to relax and repair itself.

One other thing that I should mention is my lower back. It gets these weird aches. At first I attributed it to my lifting weights but it's pretty persistent. It's not a pain but like I said, more like an ache. I notice it whenever I stretch my back or move really quickly. It's completely tolerable but like others have mentioned joint aching, I think this is my own form of that symptom.

Regardless, I'm off to school soon but my history professor won't be in today so I get to leave earlier! Joy, aha.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great day.

Day 20

An extremely meh day for my skin today. Everything that was active on my face has pretty much subsided so it's just dealing with red marks for now. Pretty irritating breakout but I'll deal with it. My face still doesn't look as bad as it did a few months ago so I'll take it.

The back aches are pretty noticeable now. Especially when I'm lying in bed and want to move. It's not painful, like I said, just a little troublesome.

I'm going for my second blood test bright and early on Saturday to get a head start for my next prescription. My derm said he didn't need to see me so I guess he was pretty confident in what Accutane would be doing for me up to this point and forward. Just 10 days left of my final pack before it's been a month!

Hopefully I'm over the IB or whatever and from now on it's just a pimple here and there since I'm pretty sure I had what many would call an "IB". I mean it's going to be the fourth week, I don't think it'd be very "initial" by the start of a second month on the prescription.

Oh well, we'll see how long it takes for everything to heal up. I used this Auquaphor baby moisturizer since my dad didn't buy me the chapstick form but I have to say it worked great. I used it once two nights ago and everywhere I used it since has shown great improvement in drying.

That's all for now. Hope everyone has a great day.

Day 21

More of the eh feeling today. Not entirely happy with my face but it's been way worse so I'm not going to complain much. My right side looks a lot better than my left actually. I don't know if there was/is more bacteria on that side of my face or what but it seems like something was up with it. My face is smooth again at least so it's just a matter of red marks healing slowly as they always do. Hopefully we'll see some improvement in this upcoming week. I really can't believe it's already almost been a month. I remember it being the first week and feeling like it would take forever.

I'm over the hump soon so things will be looking up. I can't imagine an IB coming up in the second month and I'm also assuming that what I experienced this week was my IB.

Anyway, blood test tomorrow bright and early. Then work until the afternoon until I go rock wall climbing for my brother's birthday. It's gonna be a long day tomorrow, haha.

I'll try to get pictures up tomorrow but it probably won't be until later at night since I'll barely be home.

Hope everyone has a good day!

hi! you should definitely get some Accutane, and even stick a little up your nose where it hurts.....sounds silly but it worked for me. my eyes used to be very very dry too but i just picked up some eye drops and they are better now. if your body is dry make sure you're using a moisturizing cream, not a lotion...it just works better. good luck!!!!! :)

Haha, yeah, I'm not sure what she really meant to say.

Day 22

Yeah so my face is still angry. It's like the sides of my face are taking turns now. My left side doesn't have anything active at the moment but my right cheek decided to grow three grizzly looking zits practically overnight. I'm hoping this is just the IB on my right side and then things will cool down for at least a week or so, so everything can heal up.

I uploaded pictures as well which are from today. I didn't realize I had flash turned on so it actually made my face look worse than it really is but I was too lazy to go ahead and take them over without flash. I know, it's just one of those days. Either way, the overall complexion of my face isn't that bad compared to how it used to be. Everything just looks really irritated at the moment.

I absolutely despise shaving though. My skin is so sensitive now and I later my shaving cream on as much as I can. No matter what, it never fails that I get at least three nicks on my face. That and every red mark looks terrible afterwards. I've decided to just shave at night before bed now because if I do in the morning, my face looks terrible until everything calms down. These pictures are before I shaved.

Right side:

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/2482/p1000094dp1.jpg

Left Side:

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8940/p1000095rg1.jpg

I look normal from the front:

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/1918/p1000093qv0.jpg

It's funny how my face looks so much better to me in these pictures than it does when I see myself in the mirror.

Looks like you are still in the purging process.

Don't worry you should be 100% clear in 2 weeks to a month, keep going!

Day 23

More of the same. The two zits that were showing up on my right side are just red blobs now and pretty flat. They look pretty awful. Everything else is healing pretty well. Can't complain too much I guess. I'm sort of beyond the point of caring because honestly my skin isn't that bad. I can live with it. I'm a vain person but there's some things in life that shouldn't be devoted to with so much energy. I feel like my acne is one of those things. It could be much, much worse and I'm on the road to a clear face so there's no point in getting upset over what has to happen.

I go to my blood test tomorrow morning so I'll get that out of the way and hopefully get my prescription by the weekend considering I'm giving them six days to process the test.

It's absolutely freezing today. I'm hating walking to my classes, haha.

How everyone keeps warm and others enjoy their better weather!

Day 28

So Sunday will be my last pill for my first thirty days!

I've been lazy trying to update this thing lately because nothing too exciting has been going on with my face all week. I started using this Aloe Vera gel with Lidocaine extract in it which seems to be doing wonders for helping my red marks seem less inflamed.

In terms of breakouts, I have one fairly big red bump that's sore to the touch. It's subsiding already so that's good. Seems like it was a last ditch effort for the bacteria on the left side of my face considering how huge it was yesterday.

The dryness is basically as bad as it could be I'd imagine. I'm using moisturizer but my entire face is flaky now. Even my nose is peeling!

I'll get pictures up on Sunday probably for everyone to see. I've got a long day ahead of me, uhg.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Day 30

So I finished my last pack which puts me in at just about over a month of being on Accutane. Feels pretty good.

I saw my derm yesterday and he said my face was looking really good for only a month on the regimen. He wrote out my prescription and put me on two 30mg pills a day coming out to 60mg a day now.

Face is looking fairly good. This massive cyst, or whatever it was, is subsiding on my left side and I only had two small whiteheads pop up recently on my right side. The dryness isn't too bad. My lips normally do well with Aquaphor over night and then just a conventional chapstick during the day.

I've been using that aloe gel every night which seems to keep everything from looking and feeling really irritated so I think I'll keep on using that at night.

As for pictures, I'll have to get them up tomorrow. I just tried to take them and my battery is dead. Won't even let me turn on the camera. So sorry about that but they'll definitely be up tomorrow.

On a side note, I've been dealing with too much drama with my ex. I deleted my Facebook because I found myself constantly going on just to look at hers. I'll eventually bring it back but for right now it's just too much for me to handle. It's hard enough talking to her knowing she's with another guy now, I don't need to see pictures of them together. It just hurts because she comes to me and acts like she still doesn't know if she made the right choice but when she's around him, everything just seems perfect. It's just sort of unfair how I have this sense of hope of her coming around but it never amounting to anything.

I just need the summer. I need the warm weather and to be with my few close friends and just relax. Three months of laziness. I can't wait.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great weekend! Lots of people probably have off for President's Day weekend. Unfortunately I head back to classes as usual, haha.

Take care everyone.

Day 32

Face is doing a lot better recently. No new major breakouts. A few small whiteheads maybe here and there but they're not even noticeable really. Over the weekend my nose looked disgusting up close due to blackheads that looked like they were ready to just pop out but today my nose looks amazing. Not a single blackhead!

Red marks are continuing to fade ever so slowly but the over all inflamed look is gone. My lips have been pretty dry. If I don't take care of using chapstick they'll crack rather easily. Hurts like hell so I try to avoid that.

I'm feeling pretty overall. I have an exam in my history class and unfortunately I've heard that my professor gives pretty hard tests so I'm studying really hard tonight and a little tomorrow.

However, my job is stressing me out to no end. I just hate it now. I never have free time and school is much more important to me than making minimum wage when I don't need the money that badly. I was blessed with generous parents but I like to not have to rely on them. I had to actually skip class today to study in order to fill in for someone who apparently got the flu at work. Ridiculous. That should not happen. I'll give it two more weeks, if it's constantly getting in the way of my school work I'm going to give my manager my two weeks and quit. It's just too much of a hassle when I much rather do well in school.

Blah. I have to get back to sticking my nose in books for tomorrow's test.

Got pictures up of me from today. Seem to be improving...

Right:

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/6864/p1000096wx7.jpg

Left:

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/9396/p1000097ta8.jpg

Good luck on your test!

Your skin is looking good! Just wait until a month or so from now, its going to look even better. Hang in there.

Thanks guys, it's always great to have support from others going through the same thing as you.

I have to say though, that I do hate shaving while on Accutane. It's made my skin so sensitive. I can't shave without cutting myself at least once. In direct connection to my laziness of shaving my sideburns are longer now, haha.

I don't mind not shaving, I just feel like I look like an idiot since it doesn't grow in fully on my face, haha.

Just thought I'd drop in and say congrats on your progress. Looking much better compared to a couple of months ago. I hear you on the shaving, the whole hating to let it grow but sucks to shave part. I was just using a trimmer for the longest time but now that I have no actives I went back to the good ol mach 5. As annoying as shaving is I think you should keep it up, I noitced between shaving and using vita-k lotion all my redmarks on my cheeks are gone except for the latest three.

Yeah, I think I'll just start shaving at night before I shower. That way the irritation has all night to calm down. It just makes my complexion look really uneven for a while.

Successfully shaved tonight actually. No cuts! haha