Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bobbo

Should DKs cleanser be more "textured"?

I have been using proactiv for sooo long. I suppose its just weird for me to switch, but dks cleanser feels as if I am just wiping soap on my face.

Yes I know its not soap, yes I know less irritation = better. Yet wouldn't it be beneficial to have at least some texture to it?? I feel as if I'm not really cleaning/activating my skin. I'm half tempted to put in a small amount of my old proactiv in the bottle.

If anyone could share their thoughts with me it would be much appreciated!

Activating your skin? :eh:

Regardless of whether the cleanser feels gritty/textured or not, it'll still clean your skin. You don't need to scrub your skin anyway, watch how Dan does it in the video--it's like a quick wipe of the face.

This is one of the advantages Dan's products have over "other" systems. The gentleness.

In my experience, scrubby cleansers often make acne worse, inflaming and irritating the skin.

It can take awhile to get used to treating your skin gently, but in the longrun I think you'll be happier without the harsh scrub.

well that was similar to the info I was looking for :cool: I meant by activating as in like thats the first step to get ready for the rest. The gritty feeling always felt to me like it was necessary and a "cleanser" first step would involve some kind of scrubbing I guess.

well, no more scrubbing for me then!