Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey ya'll...I just started Dan's regimen but im runnin into a nasty little what appears to be side effect from doing so!! I can not apply the BP, moisturizer and my foundation/makeup without getting a HORRIBLE MESS on my face, anyone know of any tricks to apply makeup over THE REGIMEN????? Ive botten the jojob oil as well as the AHA and I have a great moisturizer but no matter how much I apply Im still having the flaking, peeling, reptile skin look and can not get the foundation to go on without it being completely visible and a complete mess!!! PLEASE HELP ANYONE!!!! Im sooo excited to start this regimen as Ive tried everything under the sun in an attempt to get CLEAR SKIN but I have to go out in public unfortunately and have to wear makeup to cover the awful acne that Im blessed with!!! Ive tried both bare minerals and MAC Studio fix foundation but no luck.......has anyone figured this out, experienced it or have any suggestions??????? THANKSSSSSSS a MILLION

While you adjust to BP, it can be tough to wear makeup. Moisturize like crazy. Using a liquid foundation is best. Applying it with a damp foundation brush seems to be the best way for me when I've had flaky skin. I think we all went through some rough days with flaky skin and makeup when starting DKR....

How far into DKR are you? Have you started too much BP too fast? You want to hold off on the

AHA for the first month or so also. Wait until you're using the full amount of BP to incorporate it. Why don't you type out your whole regimen, step by step, including all products and how much you are using of each right now. Then we'll see if there's any small changes that can help.

Things do get better too, so hang in there.

siouxsie gave some awesome advice to you. using a powder foundation with flakey skin will only accentuate the flakes and dry patches. in conjunction with your foundation application (and i agree - using liquid with a damp foundation brush is the way to go) you might want to consider a water spritzer. i know it sounds hokey, but it really does wonders. try spritzing your face before you apply your foundation to keep the flakes at bay and finish off with it to keep your face hydrated and everything in place.

i would ask too... how far are you into the regimen? and what exactly are you doing?

how do you guys insert all that stuff at the end that states what your using and doing????? Ive never blogged before and am totally new to this....pls xcuse!!! I just started the regimen on friday so im on day 4! I use Neutrogena face wash, on-the spot 2.5 and Aveeno Clear Complexion moisturizer. I have not used the AHA yet as I noticed it said not to start that until youve been on the regimen for a bit....I did add like 2 drops of jojoba to my moisturizer on sunday to see if that would help with the flaking and dryness.. i must say it helped but it did not SOLVE or fix my issue! The spritzer thing makes sense....and I will also try damping the sponge before applying the foundation as I was not doing that...hopefully it will help.. I am also hoping the BP gel from Dan is more concealable under makeup then the On-the-spot is, havent received my kit yet, shipped today though!!! thanks 4 all your help :)

siouxsie gave some awesome advice to you. using a powder foundation with flakey skin will only accentuate the flakes and dry patches. in conjunction with your foundation application (and i agree - using liquid with a damp foundation brush is the way to go) you might want to consider a water spritzer. i know it sounds hokey, but it really does wonders. try spritzing your face before you apply your foundation to keep the flakes at bay and finish off with it to keep your face hydrated and everything in place.

i would ask too... how far are you into the regimen? and what exactly are you doing?

i've used both neutrogena on the spot and dan's bp and didn't really notice a difference with make-up application. many women do say that it is much easier to apply make-up over dan's bp though, so hopefully that will help! what you're using sounds good, so just stick with it. the regimen takes time.

as far as inserting a signature (the text at the bottom of our posts,) go to "my controls" and you'll see an option for "edit signature" under "personal profile" on the left hand menu. pm me if you need more help. :)

how do you guys insert all that stuff at the end that states what your using and doing????? Ive never blogged before and am totally new to this....pls xcuse!!! I just started the regimen on friday so im on day 4! I use Neutrogena face wash, on-the spot 2.5 and Aveeno Clear Complexion moisturizer. I have not used the AHA yet as I noticed it said not to start that until youve been on the regimen for a bit....I did add like 2 drops of jojoba to my moisturizer on sunday to see if that would help with the flaking and dryness.. i must say it helped but it did not SOLVE or fix my issue! The spritzer thing makes sense....and I will also try damping the sponge before applying the foundation as I was not doing that...hopefully it will help.. I am also hoping the BP gel from Dan is more concealable under makeup then the On-the-spot is, havent received my kit yet, shipped today though!!! thanks 4 all your help :)

i didn't really read your products clearly enough! sorry!! i agree with siouxsie. don't use any medicated cleansers or moisturizers with the regimen. you're looking for the mildest products you can find. neutrogena extra gentle cleanser is recommended with the regimen, and a lot of people have used aveeno ultra calming moisturizer too with no problems.

Okay, just to encourage you, the first week or two is the worst. It will get better, I swear :).

Are you using the recommended Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser? Some Neutrogena cleansers are quite harsh, that's why I ask. The Aveeno clear complexion has some salycic acid in it right? I think that won't be good for the regimen, at least not starting out. Cetaphil or Complex 15 are good starting moisturizers. Cetaphil can leave you a bit shiny, but shiny is better than flaky, IMO (you can blot at least). Then once your skin adjusts to BP you can use a moisturizer with aha that doesn't leave you shiny.

At night, use a lot of jojoba & moisturizer. Really slather it on. I find that massaging a little jojoba gently before BP helps remove flakes. It doesn't seem to interfere with BP's effectiveness either. You can always rinse it off a little if you're concerned.

Dan's BP is much better. It is clear, leaves no white residue, and absorbs better. It doesn't flake off like on-the-spot either. Definitely better for wearing under makeup.

THANKS A MILLION GUYS :D I just got my kit yesterday and cant wait to get started....i already used it last night and this morning and I swear my skin already feels better...maybe im just hoping the world but it really does feel better.... and i definately AGREE with ya'll that Dans BP is a million times better than On-the-spot!! I havent tried wearing any makeup yet so that will be the ultimate test but im optimistic and with all the great advice ive gotten I think things will look up. :clap:

Okay, just to encourage you, the first week or two is the worst. It will get better, I swear :).

Are you using the recommended Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser? Some Neutrogena cleansers are quite harsh, that's why I ask. The Aveeno clear complexion has some salycic acid in it right? I think that won't be good for the regimen, at least not starting out. Cetaphil or Complex 15 are good starting moisturizers. Cetaphil can leave you a bit shiny, but shiny is better than flaky, IMO (you can blot at least). Then once your skin adjusts to BP you can use a moisturizer with aha that doesn't leave you shiny.

At night, use a lot of jojoba & moisturizer. Really slather it on. I find that massaging a little jojoba gently before BP helps remove flakes. It doesn't seem to interfere with BP's effectiveness either. You can always rinse it off a little if you're concerned.

Dan's BP is much better. It is clear, leaves no white residue, and absorbs better. It doesn't flake off like on-the-spot either. Definitely better for wearing under makeup.

GOOD LUCK!!!!! :)

edit: i just read your signature.... if i were you, i would eliminate the washing with neutrogena deep clean (i had problems with it) before/after your workout. just try wiping with a cleansing cloth or baby wipe. i don't know if i would necessarily use the clarisonic brush either. i would wait until you've cleared to add that. it could over-irritate your skin and inhibit your progress. anyway, this is better left in the regimen forums, but if you have any problems, questions, concerns, or whatever, the people in there are super helpful.

Everyone has given you really good advice. And I also want to reinforce the comment that milder (cleanser / cleaning etc) is always better. Keep up the good work. :)