Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

right now i'm using a regimen that includes 2% sa as a toner. i'm noticing some of my red marks are slowly fading. what has everyone else experienced using sa to fade red marks and what kind do you use? i use obagi clenziderm 2% sa toner 2x a day.

I use Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Wash that has 2% SA in it, and also Proactiv toner which has 6% Glycolic acid, and I also apply Vitamin-E oil and ACV to my face..so I can't really tell you which one is fading them the most, but they ARE fading.

If you're seeing improvement with SA, that's great.

I prefer the pads, as SA is most effective if left on the skin vs washed off. I found that they did expedite the clearing of marks, but at the cost of my skin drying out and peeling pretty overtly. Lotion helped but without it it was kinda bad. On top of that, a few weeks ago I noticed a hypopigmented spot that hasn't since faded even though I discontinued used of SA. I've run into pigmentation problems with SA before and I may never use it again. Really it's just an acid that burns your face off, essentially. I'm praying that the light spot will go away.

I prefer the pads, as SA is most effective if left on the skin vs washed off. I found that they did expedite the clearing of marks, but at the cost of my skin drying out and peeling pretty overtly. Lotion helped but without it it was kinda bad. On top of that, a few weeks ago I noticed a hypopigmented spot that hasn't since faded even though I discontinued used of SA. I've run into pigmentation problems with SA before and I may never use it again. Really it's just an acid that burns your face off, essentially. I'm praying that the light spot will go away.

I've been using Neutrogena Acne Mark Fade Peel, which has salicylic acid in it, for about 2 years and it does work, but gradually. Just thought I'd contribute. ;)