Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pinkunicorns

1st course accutane 1st feb-may 2008 spots come back 2nd course starting may 2009

'his pumpkin' thanks for reply oh sorry yeah ive had dry eyes and skin/lips too thats to be expected on these tabs i think im using tons of vaseline and aqueous cream!

if you click on your username at the top where it says logged in as then go to my albums and add new album create it then add piccies. keep hanging in there it will all be worth it in the end hun.

thanks jonboystyle how funny had the same history! thanks for posting good luck with your journey and yes keep slapping on that moisturizer haha :dance: stay positive

DAY 20

Nothing much to say although i still have a sore throat my nose is much better still abit snuffly but i feel fine. Skin on my face looks better today too its drier and the few spots i had are fading fast. The ones that came up on my back are flat now and fading also so all in all a good day. I really think one day everything looks good then next its not as great oh well i can live with that for the next 3 and 10 days! xx

Oh i did gently exfoliate really gently 2 nights ago and it made my skin feel so much nicer! i only did it on my cheeks and chin where it felt bumpy with dry skin and it feels smoother and much better and i havent had any new spots or redness from it im not going to start scrubbing everything though as dont want to aggrevate anything hehe xx

DAY 21

im feeling better than i did yesterday my throat was raw! i think it is just a cold though not the tablets!! my throat is better today and just have a snuffy nose and slight sore throat.

My skin is looking better every day i actually feel like i want to make an effort with blusher and highlighter etc now as before i was just hiding its such a nice feeling to be able to walk round and know your skin isnt so spotty! i got a small new one on the side of my nose earlier today and one on my back in fact my back has had a few new ones come up i seem to be getting them more there than anywhere else altho its still alot better than before i started the tablets!

Will update over wkend xxx

;) DAY 22 AND DAY 23

Nothing much has changed the skin on my face maybe doesnt feel as dry on the cheeks as it did even tho im applying tons of aqueous cream it feels smoother today even though you couldnt see any dryness i could feel it was!

no new spots or active ones on my face i have a small one under the skin on my right shoulder but everything else is drying up well and things are looking good!

I still have a blocked up snuffy nose actually think i have some sort of infection my throat was fine last nite but feels abit sore again today am going to the doctor on monday for my next blood test so will ask then what it is! i feel fine in myself tho no pain or weakness and im off to the gym! xxxxx

Hi!

Thank you so much for your daily diary and posts! I am 27 and have problems with my skin since I was around 17 and am sick of it. Tried antibiotics, pills, skincare and works for certain amount of them but then doesn't really help and don't want to be on antibiotics long term!

2 different dermatologists, got two different opinions both said I should try roaccutane but been putting it off since last year November as too bloody scared!!!

I live in London.

Do you mind answering the below questions for me as your blemished on y our day one look similar to mine. I don't get the cystic acne ones but more the red ones like you have on my face more jawline and cheeks, my neck and my back. So very similar to you!

My doc also prescribed 40 dosage but said for the first 3 wks I should only try 20mg. Did you do this too?

Are you on a pill now?

Before you started roaccutane did you ever have sensitive skin?

Before you started roaccutane did you have oily skin?

I see you like aquaeous cream but what confuses me is that surely it blocks pores as quite greasy? I would of thought I should use an oil free one?

What cleanser do you use?

Any helpful tips or anything?

Always nice to speak to people who going through the same thing!

Hope to hear from you as really nervous as I have sensitive skin and worried as it dries my skin that could get eczema or something but hopefully not!!!!

Apart from fish oil, what other supplements are you taking and do you wear foundation now?

Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks

Natalie ;)

Hi!

Thank you so much for your daily diary and posts! I am 27 and have problems with my skin since I was around 17 and am sick of it. Tried antibiotics, pills, skincare and works for certain amount of them but then doesn't really help and don't want to be on antibiotics long term!

2 different dermatologists, got two different opinions both said I should try roaccutane but been putting it off since last year November as too bloody scared!!!

I live in London.

Do you mind answering the below questions for me as your blemished on y our day one look similar to mine. I don't get the cystic acne ones but more the red ones like you have on my face more jawline and cheeks, my neck and my back. So very similar to you!

My doc also prescribed 40 dosage but said for the first 3 wks I should only try 20mg. Did you do this too?

Are you on a pill now?

I see you like aquaeous cream but what confuses me is that surely it blocks pores as quite greasy? I would of thought I should use an oil free one?

Hope to hear from you as really nervous as I have sensitive skin and worried as it dries my skin that could get eczema or something but hopefully not!!!!

Apart from fish oil, what other supplements are you taking and do you wear foundation now?

Thanks

Natalie ;)

Hi!

I live in London.

Are you on a pill now?

Thanks

Natalie ;)

hahaha his pumpkin im a gym addict so thats the only reason i go coz im addicted LOL

Hiya babe aw thanks for posting i do get cystic acne but also get the red ones like you can see and whiteheads blackheads under the skin ones you name it LOL

I will try answering as best i can here goes!-

No i didnt take 20mg to start with as my derm didnt say i needed to but if your doc has said this then he obviously thinks that would be good for you to start with it id trust him as they know what they are doing hun.

Are you on a pill now?

No I took the pill when i was about 15-16 yrs old but just felt terrible on it but my skin was amazing so was gutted when i had to stop taking it. I tried it again 2 years ago and felt the same so stopped it again and havent been back on it since and never want to go back on it id prefere 4 months of accutane to twenty odd years of the pill to be honest.

Yes i do have sensitive skin my skin breaks out with anything i couldnt even moisturise!!

Yes i have very oily skin i can put on my makeup in the morning and after about an hour and half will be shiny i hated it but thanks to accutane i go out all day and come home and im still NOT shiny! fab i know this prob wont last when i stop taking the tablets but its great at the moment!!

I have used aqueous cream for ages as it contains no perfume or anything in it i get it prescribed to me by my doctor when i picked up the accutane even the hospital pharmasist said to me to get some aqueous cream whilst i take the tablets to help with dry skin i havent broken out with it since ive been using it on accutane my skin on my face is glowing. I have also bought some cetaphil moisturiser i tried it once but it felt greasier than the aqueous cream!

I dont i purely shower use avene face wash get out slap on moisturiser and vaseline and thats it. Before i took accutane i was using a light alcohol free toner but have stopped since taking accutane.

Moisturise and moisturise!! that includes every single piece of skin you can see on your body including behind your ears!! and always keep your lips smothered in vaseline drink plenty of water and take accutane after you have eaten something. oh and dont pick spots whilst on the medicine or go in the sun. use a leave in conditioner on your hair it has really helped with the dryness and get some eye drops to moisturise your eyes bascially you have to moisturise everything LOL but its worth it if you dont you will get chapped dry peeling and cracked skin and wont feel very comfortable!!

I only take fish oil tablet i also used to take zinc but since starting accutane i havent bothered with it thats all i do one fish oil tablet. oh and i eat really healthy but i did anyway long before accutane!

No i dont wear foundation only dermablend and mac powder if i am going to a wedding or something or when i was modelling i used abit of lancome foundation on the bits which needed it but i tend to wear no makeup when at home and if i pop out as little as poss on my acutal skin to let it breathe! no good clogging it up with tons of makeup.

Hope this helps you hun any more questions drop by!! and dont be scared to take accutane the amount of negative stuff you have prob read def doesnt effect everyone and best thing to do is take the tablets and forget about it and get on with your day. I think the more you read about the bad stuff and side effects the more your mind can create problems yeah ive had the odd headache and been abit thristy but i dont care if it means clear skin read up on the side effects of taking the contraceptive pill or a acne antibiotic and youll find horror stories or bad side effects but reading my accutane booklet on side effects most of them affect one in every 100,000 people! my friend who was on it didnt know about the side effects and she didnt have any side effects apart from dry skin obivously! funny that hey! and im not saying people make it up when they get side effects at all i just think if you have a clear mind and tell yourself this is going to work and you feel great then it def helps you move foward in your journey and hey its worked for me so far so fingers crossed!

oh one more thing by reading my diary you may think im a positive person well far from it im well known by my friends as a very negative and emotional person but i want clear skin so badly that i am just really trying to look at this positivly! i watched a prog the other day and they said what effect your thoughts can have on your body is really amazing!

so think positive xxxx

i must admit, i envy you. i'm not a 'gym' person. i hate to work out & my body is beginning to prove that i don't do it. i keep telling myself that 1 day i will but i highly doubt it. i think it's genetic. neither of my parents worked out. of course i could just be moving the blame on others so i don't feel so bad. haha. keep it up!

Hey thanks for the drop by on my log. Glad to see your clearing up as steadily as me, sorry to hear about your throat. Do you plan on going 40mg through your whole course of tane as well? I think I will... If 40mg Is clearing me up then what would be the point of upping the dosage and risking more side effects, eh.

Hey yeah i was told by my derm all i will need is 40mg for 4 months and thats it i dont even go back to see him have only seen him once the blood tests are done through my doctors my choice as i only trust my doc to do them i have a phobia of needles LOL

DAY 24 AND 25

Well i got a couple new spots on my face on saturday around my jaw line hormonal i think as its that time LOL they are clearing up now tho which is good. One new thing that has started is when i get out the shower i have a rash on my arms back and chest anyone else got this? it fades again after a few hours but you can still see it. I dont use any potions or soap on my arms legs chest etc in the shower so i dont think something is irritating it i am abit worried i am not moisturising enough! im going to do it even more than i do already as i still feel dry around my arms and neck back etc i have checked the book and it said a rash was a side effect. Im hoping it doesnt last for the whole next 3 months tho! the rash looks kind of like mini mini white heads but they arent lumpy just tiny dot rash marks and some of them have tiny tiny white bits in them??? my doctor i saw today said it looks typical of someone on that type of drug but i wonder if anyone else has had it too? most people i have read on their logs only seem to have the red rash type one like eczema?

On another note i have just had my 2nd blood test get the results back weds prob and pick up the new prescription to start this wkend if all is well im really hoping everything is fine! fingers crossed xx

can anyone post if they had a rash on accutane please thanks xx ;)

update LOL i had a shower earlier and put on tons of moisturiser and then reapplied it again about half an hour ago and my rash has calmed down loads! so great i was abit worried about it as the doc said if it got worse i may have to stop!!! i was like no it will be fine haha do not wanna stop not after nearly finishing month one! anyway so yeah great news its gone down must of just been over dry!!

So everyone MOISTURISE LOADS AND I MEAN LOADS!!!! im thinking of moisturiser like sunscreen if i put some on in the morning and went out in the sun i would keep reapplying it throughout the day so now i am also going to carry around my tub of aqueous cream too haha.. funky!! xx

update LOL i had a shower earlier and put on tons of moisturiser and then reapplied it again about half an hour ago and my rash has calmed down loads! so great i was abit worried about it as the doc said if it got worse i may have to stop!!! i was like no it will be fine haha do not wanna stop not after nearly finishing month one! anyway so yeah great news its gone down must of just been over dry!!

So everyone MOISTURISE LOADS AND I MEAN LOADS!!!! im thinking of moisturiser like sunscreen if i put some on in the morning and went out in the sun i would keep reapplying it throughout the day so now i am also going to carry around my tub of aqueous cream too haha.. funky!! xx

Hello!

I am about day 40ish and have the same type of rash for a couple of weeks, my derm prescribed a topical steriod cream and ointment and it really helps to calm it down. The rash itself seems to get really irratated by cleaning products like pinesol and such - but whats a girl to do?

Hopefully it will clear up with moisture! Good Luck!

Hiya babe! ah thanks alot for posting i feel better if someone else has had the same rash haha i hope yours is better now too. I was just so worried i would be taken off the tablets but as its better im hoping it will go away now.

Good luck with the rest of your course xx ;)

hiya bobo thanks alot for posting! i will drop by and check out your log good luck with your course x ;)

DAY 26

So today is a much better day since using tons of aqueous cream last night my rash is definatly tons better today its still on my arms slightly but its not itchy or burning anymore and my neck felt like it was proper sunburnt but its fine today too! thank god all it needed was abit more lotion LOL

My skin on my face looks better today too a girl i see every day at work also said my skin looked better today than it did yday which is good! im nearly finished my first month of 30 pills! i ring the pharmacy tomorrow to check my blood results and hopefully pick up my next lot of pills! i was abit stupid last week i left my strip of pills behind at work in the kitchen there was 2 pills left in it but it looked finished and the stupid cleaner chucked it out! so i now have to ask the pharmasit if i can have an extra 2 pills not sure if she will let me but other wise i will only of done 3 months 28 days at the end of it! fingers crossed LOL

Hope everyone else is cool on a better note i feel abit more cheerful about it all today had a bit of a bad day yday what with the rash and the fear of maybe stopping taking them i would be devastated if that had of happened this is like my only hope i feel of clear skin.

i will take more pics tomorrow to show progress xx ;)

Glad to see you are making progress, too bad the janitor threw out your pills!

I wish you the best, I'm 21 days behind you.

Good luck!

Hiya bob thank you good luck with yours too ill check out your log.

DAY 27

Well today is a good day skin wise i only have one spot on my chin near my lip my face has cleared up loads lately and the only bit that is kinda still dry even tho im moisturising loads is my nose my cheeks have become softer already!

My rash is almost gone which is amazing considering it was terrible a few days ago im just using tons of aqueous cream and it feels so much better. I have had the day from HELL today too LOL my car broke down etc etc and it was a day i really needed it had a million and one things to do and places to be not good well £150 later its sorted out but it really stressed me out i sat on the dual carriage way crying into my steering wheel haha oh well at least i had clear skin LOL one thing i was worried about was taking my tablets haha so im sat car broken down and any minute another car could hit me and im stressing about my accutane!! xx

Oh forgot to add my blood test came back fine so am picking up my next lot tomorrow! I told the pharmasit about the cleaner chucking away a days pills and she said not to worry about it and i dont need to take that one day as it wont affect anything is that right? i feel abit annoyed that im only going to of done 3 months 29 days LOL hopefully one day wont matter x

DAY 28

Just picked up 2nd months worth! wowowhooh! my face is glowing so 2 people told me today! i have had 2 whiteheads come up on my shoulder but apart from that im cool! will post pics later!! xx

DAY 29-end of month 1!!

Well this is the end of my first month!! im finishing my first month today because anyone following my log will know one days worth of pills got chucked out by the cleaner at work!

Today is still great my rash has gone on my chest,back,tummy and almost gone on my arms still a few tiny dots but nearly gone! i cant believe it was all because my skin was too dry! how wierd.

I dont have any active spots on my face i only have two spots that are fading on my chin and thats it! my body i still have a cluster of about 4 spots on my left shoulder and one on my chest but everywhere else is smooth and glowing my skin on my face doesnt even feel dry anymore and the more moisturiser i slap onto my face the more the spots have dried up and just kinda fall off! very strange but i am loving it hehe

Ive had no side effects at all in the last few days no headaches no blood in my nose no really dry skin no rash its fab! and considering the week i have had which is a week from hell LOL i have actually remained quite positive which is very odd for me im such a negative person!

I am going to upload some pics now so people can see how it looks at the end of month one! xx

Hi Pinku,

Glad to hear its going so well for you!

Could you help me out - what mosituriser(s) are you using and where from? Vaseline on the lips and earlier on you said you had been using Aqueous cream (Boots?) but ordered Cetaphil (online?). I've been using E45 but worried it may be breaking me out and would appreciate your recommendations and how often you apply.

Thanks and may your skin continue to improve!

Hey yep vaseline on my lips and aqueous cream i get on prescription from my doctors are you from the uk? i think you may be able to get aqueous cream over the counter at pharmacies but am not 100% sure if not go to your doc and ask for a prescription for it. I ran out of aqueous cream 2 days ago so until my prescription was ready to pick up i used cetaphil moisturizing cream which i bought from ebay which is from america this seems to be working the same except it feels abit more greasy than aqueous cream and i am feeling abit itchy so am going back to aqueous when i get my prescription.

I know you can get cetaphil face wash from pharmacy2u.co.uk but i dont think they do the moisturiser there only on ebay from what i could find as the cheapest anyway. i got a massive tub for like £12.00.

I would however go to a pharmacy and ask for aqueous cream and if they say you need a prescription for it go to your doctors. it is used for people with eczema and psoriasis or realy dry skin conditions i got it orgionally because of acne and other creams were breaking me out so he gave me this and so years later when i started accutane last month got told by the pharmasist at the hospital to use it so i am and its fab!

good luck to you ;)

oh sorry and i apply it once when i get out of bed 7am ish again at about 3pmish and then again about 7pm and just before bed!! so all in all about 4 times a day i was only doing it once of twice a day on my body before and i got a rash so have started to do it more and my rash has gone now x

just posted new pics up they should be showing by tomorrow saturday x

DAY 30-MONTH 2

Well i made it to me 2nd month woohooo! my skin is still going good and my lips are still well moisturised think i must be applying vaseline like every 5 minutes! but its working so cant complain!

Im off to yoga class today and feel fine no side effects still and my skin is really drying the spots up the cluster of spots on my shoulder is still there but they are going down i cant see any other spots on my body which is amazing! the 2 on my chin have almost gone i think my face is great considering its the wrong time of the month too!

New pics are up to show progress after one month. Hope everyone else is still moving foward ok xx